SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:03 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Sep 2012
215 Posts
Trader Rating: 27
Discussion
USPS Strikes again!

Oh boy... this gets so old. Simple transaction, simple trip from Tampa to Miami. Priority Mail....

Makes it to the carriers truck..... and seemingly vanishes. Thanks USPS!

August 6, 2014 , 11:46 pm Delivery status not updated
The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of August 6, 2014, 11:46 pm.
August 6, 2014 , 9:46 am Out for Delivery MIAMI, FL 33166
August 6, 2014 , 9:36 am Sorting Complete MIAMI, FL 33166
August 6, 2014 , 5:38 am Arrived at Post Office MIAMI, FL 33166
August 5, 2014 , 5:40 am Departed USPS Facility TAMPA, FL 33605
August 5, 2014 , 1:38 am Arrived at USPS Origin Facility TAMPA, FL 33605
August 4, 2014 , 6:15 pm Departed Post Office SPRING HILL, FL 34608
August 4, 2014 , 3:59 pm Picked Up SPRING HILL, FL 34608
Giant_Scale_Gas is offline Find More Posts by Giant_Scale_Gas
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:16 PM
Ricinus communis
United States, AZ, Ajo
Joined Jun 2012
237 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
It has been routed through the Bermuda Triangle.

And will be delivered......December 7th, 1941!!!!!
ahrma_581 is online now Find More Posts by ahrma_581
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:28 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
542 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
I'd be calling the postmaster to find out where it went especially after that video of postal worker throwing mail in a dumpster last week
sagomon is online now Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
I'd be calling the postmaster to find out where it went especially after that video of postal worker throwing mail in a dumpster last week
Of course, I have a sequence of emails that are sent when this happens.
From my local branch manager to the OIG to consumer affairs.

But i have experienced this "status not updated" before. If history repeats itself, and it always seems to in South Florida, it's gone.

Personally I suspect the carrier(s) is in cahoots with some dirtbag and when they get a slightly expensive one like this was, the carrier "forgets" to scan it delivered. And then I get to file a claim and all that nonsense.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:08 PM
North of the Golden Gate
Joined Sep 2004
285 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
GSG,

I sincerely hope your package gets delivered. Perhaps it has already been delivered and the USPS carrier just didn't scan it?

Failing to scan packages when delivered is a serious issue with the USPS.

I recently sold a rather expensive item on eBay - sent USPS Priority with Tracking and Signature Confirmation , and using the very legible online printed form. The package was never scanned in as delivered, and of course, there was no record of it being signed for either. Fortunately for me the buyer left me feedback so I knew that he got it. With eBay's rules and the consequences of not having online proof of signature on items over $700, I was afraid to ask the buyer if he had ever received it. I consider myself very lucky in this situation.

With over 15 years of selling on eBay, I have NEVER had such an issue with FedEx or UPS - only with the USPS - and on several occasions.
silvaire is offline Find More Posts by silvaire
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:24 PM
Master Deg. of "In Training"
United States, CA, Visalia
Joined Jan 2014
392 Posts
Trader Rating: 118
Getting to the point that we may have to ship as hold for pick at the post office. We have problems with people take packages of porches. And sending them to Punk. At least he says they are Just can't trust no one these and it sad the days of chicken soup for the neighbor is gone.

I have a transaction that was accepted on 7/30 in Massachusetts, says left the post office there and hasn't been delivered 12 days later and no update since 7/30.
twco is offline Find More Posts by twco
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Time gets on...
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:35 PM
Joined Sep 2012
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaire View Post
GSG,

I sincerely hope your package gets delivered. Perhaps it has already been delivered and the USPS carrier just didn't scan it?

Failing to scan packages when delivered is a serious issue with the USPS.

I recently sold a rather expensive item on eBay - sent USPS Priority with Tracking and Signature Confirmation , and using the very legible online printed form. The package was never scanned in as delivered, and of course, there was no record of it being signed for either. Fortunately for me the buyer left me feedback so I knew that he got it. With eBay's rules and the consequences of not having online proof of signature on items over $700, I was afraid to ask the buyer if he had ever received it. I consider myself very lucky in this situation.

With over 15 years of selling on eBay, I have NEVER had such an issue with FedEx or UPS - only with the USPS - and on several occasions.
I wish I could say the same. I have had inventory orders inbound on both UPS and Fex Ex that have vanished. And we are talking huge boxes with thousands of dollars worth or product.

I will say they both handle it well and I get reimbursed, and it doesn't happen very often, but I'd say every other year or so it happens. Of course, I get UPS & Fed Ex daily at my shop, so obviously my odds of loss are a little greater.

I am glad your deal worked out, that is always scary.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:30 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Feb 2005
51 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
My local post office was scanning items when they went out for delivery as delivered. I caught them twice doing this. Finally it happened - no delivery of an item even though it was marked delivered. Went to the manager and got a commitment they would stop doing this. Never did they find the item. I was home when they claim it was "delivered" which was at a time that was 3-4 hours earlier than I ever have gotten mail. To add insult to injury I was left a "neutural" feedback from the seller here complaining that I claimed the item was not delivered even though USPS said it was delivered.
caf2461 is offline Find More Posts by caf2461
Last edited by caf2461; Aug 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 03:35 PM
Joined Jan 2014
392 Posts
Hmm I don't see why you would leave a neutral feedback with a complaint. If the seller has the receipt and the shipping number the seller didn't do anything wrong. The post office is the blame. If I was the seller I'd help out trying to locate the package.

Just sayin...

Edit: sometimes my packages come on a different USPS truck. Doesn't always come with the mail man person.

People steal from my porch and beware of thieves.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by twco; Aug 17, 2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:51 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Feb 2005
51 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
I did not leave any feedback on the item.

It was my local post office that was marking things delivered before they left the post office. I was the non recipient of the item. I was left the neutral feedback from the seller with complaint that I claimed to not have received it.

Evidently he did not like the fact that the package was marked "delivered" and I would not leave him any feedback (positive or negative). because I had no goods to leave feedback on.
caf2461 is offline Find More Posts by caf2461
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:31 AM
Joined Jan 2014
392 Posts
I get it now. Musta been good on good meds that day.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Time gets on...