HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:01 AM
Joined Oct 2006
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterize View Post
Promotion as in a discount or sale of some sort or promotion as in marketing?

As for information/marketing of the event:
They launched with a Kickstart here which is over.
The website for the event (above what is on their main site) is here.
Registration, tickets etc. for the event can be found here.

As for sales or discounts, I'm not aware of anything associated with FliteFest although I'm sure there will be kits for purchase at the event.
Hope that answered your question duck and I hope to see you there!
Thanks, I'll be there! Rabid Models will be a vendor. But no, I didn't mean those things you mentioned, I am aware of that, what I meant was: is FliteTest doing any kinds of marketing activities to help people be aware of the event. They were wildly successful on Kickstarter and have a website with the on-line registration. But how will people find out about it? I mean, for example on their Facebook page they've put a banner up, but no one seems to be talking about the event. This thread on RCGroups has less than two dozen posts!! The FliteTest website has nothing about the event other than the initial announcement. I mean, as far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing going on! Or is all the activity somewhere else that I'm not aware of?
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2014, 02:49 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Nov 2013
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themudduck View Post
Thanks, I'll be there! Rabid Models will be a vendor. But no, I didn't mean those things you mentioned, I am aware of that, what I meant was: is FliteTest doing any kinds of marketing activities to help people be aware of the event. They were wildly successful on Kickstarter and have a website with the on-line registration. But how will people find out about it? I mean, for example on their Facebook page they've put a banner up, but no one seems to be talking about the event. This thread on RCGroups has less than two dozen posts!! The FliteTest website has nothing about the event other than the initial announcement. I mean, as far as I can tell there is absolutely nothing going on! Or is all the activity somewhere else that I'm not aware of?
FliteTest does have their own forum, where people have been talking about it...
makattack is offline Find More Posts by makattack
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:42 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Jun 2002
771 Posts
On the FliteTest podcast they mentioned that they were "still under 300" registered pilots. And that so far it was "manageable" Yikes!

They even have 140 registered for the Europe meetup in France this week.

I'm planning to be there In ohio. I hope it's not getting too crowded for the space....
DesignGeek is offline Find More Posts by DesignGeek
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:53 PM
Joined Oct 2006
287 Posts
I finally found the thread on the Flite Test website, buried in their forums somewhere... here is the link if anyone's interested, it appears to be fairly active with thousands of posts at this point.

Click here: http://forum.flitetest.com/forumdisp...lite-Fest-2014
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Last edited by themudduck; Jun 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:37 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Jun 2002
771 Posts
Have to report that despite the lack of any coverage on RCG, (go figure) FF14 was a fantastic event, very well attended, and was run pretty smoothly. Lot of good memories and new friends. See you all there next year! Oh yeah, I'm hoping to have a combat plane ready next time!

If you were there, I know some of you were, share your best memories or stories from the event. I'm still trying to absorb the whole thing.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DesignGeek; Jul 29, 2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 04:25 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Nov 2013
317 Posts
I posted my experiences as a volunteer on the flitetest forums: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthrea...l=1#post119934

Warning: It's loooong...
makattack is offline Find More Posts by makattack
Old Sep 17, 2014, 04:39 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,394 Posts
We had a small FPV contingent of the larger RC meet hosted by Flite Test, but Flite Fest 2014 was a lot of fun. Here's my coverage of the event. If other people have pics or video from the event you can post here.

GSTV - Flite Fest RC Meet - 2014 (10 min 14 sec)

I'll post some pics here once I have those in line as well.
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Sep 20, 2014, 05:17 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Jun 2002
771 Posts
Nice video Dave! Loved seeing the event from the FPV perspective. We brought an FPV wing, but an early crash put us out of commission for the weekend.

I saw a nice write up in the AMA magazine this month: Very positive review of the event.

DG
RCG Plus Member