HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,139 Posts
10ga will not fit in the 35A contact. It will fit in the 45A.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,248 Posts
Thanks.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:20 PM
United States, OR, Molalla
Joined Oct 2010
476 Posts
That's interesting. I didn't know those plugs had the aptitude for this kind of application. They are easy to pull apart and that's definitely a plus.
jlloyd1995 is offline Find More Posts by jlloyd1995
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlloyd1995 View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know those plugs had the aptitude for this kind of application. They are easy to pull apart and that's definitely a plus.
I've always used Castle 5.5mm bullets on my 8S setups, but I also used an OPTO ESC with a 1100mAh A123 Rx battery, which added 3.4 oz. I then went to Deans for the 3S and 4S planes with a separate BEC so that the second battery was not needed. I've never really been a big Deans fan and have had two issues that are making me look at other options again. All my 6V BECs now have Deans but the wiring with powerpoles seems like an easy way to add BECs to the circuitry.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:43 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Power poles are the way to go! The best part is, no more fighting to pull them apart. I can remove my canopy, and disconnect the pack with one hand while still safely holding a TX.

Plus if you run two packs (larger planes), there's no need for a Y-harness. The red a black connectors are the same, and plug into one another..

Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:43 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Is that the 78" in that picture Tim? If so, is the pull-pull rudder the only option for rudder control or can you put a servo and pushrod in the tail for both the elevator and rudder?

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:45 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlloyd1995 View Post
been running power poles for about 4 years.NEVER had a failure.Ran up to 120 amps in my 89 slick.love them.aint going back
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Is that the 78" in that picture Tim? If so, is the pull-pull rudder the only option for rudder control or can you put a servo and pushrod in the tail for both the elevator and rudder?

--Tom K.
Yes that's my 78". No you can't mount the rudder servo in the back. It has a split elevator with two servos.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Okay thanks.

--Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:51 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Tom, Pull systems are a snap once you have set up one or two. You adjust them maybe after 5 flights (after the cables stretch out a little) and then it's set for almost the life of the plane. If you get one, we can set it up.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:06 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Tom, Pull systems are a snap once you have set up one or two. You adjust them maybe after 5 flights (after the cables stretch out a little) and then it's set for almost the life of the plane. If you get one, we can set it up.
Thanks Austin. It's pretty great having a Team Extreme member pretty much down the road. We had a problem building our first EXP, and at 10p.m. he invited us over to his house to resolve the issue and get in the air the next day... Thanks again Austin!

--Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:02 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
Ok, finally, I am getting my 60" Extra EXP from Jim Wednesday. It's been a tough month so I am ready for a new challenge.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:08 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Ok, finally, I am getting my 60" Extra EXP from Jim Wednesday. It's been a tough month so I am ready for a new challenge.
SWEET! We'll fly it Thursday! I'll bring the camera

--Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:19 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,277 Posts
I think I can get it ready, but you know how slowly I work. I just have to seal the controls, mount the ESC and do the control linkages. I put in all the velcro, mounted the receiver, heat shrunk wrapped all the extensions, ran the antenna tubes, ground the flat spot on the tailwheel wire, glued the tailwheel tire on, etc, before I gave it to Jim. I did as much as I could, so there's not much left.

I've been salivating over this for a long time, but everything worked against me getting it back from Jim. Let's just hope tomorow works out.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
I've been salivating over this for a long time, but everything worked against me getting it back from Jim. Let's just hope tomorow works out.
Yeah man, you're going to love this plane. My friend gives me stick time on his about every time he comes out (I have my own rate switch with my setup) and it's almost like a mix of the Edge's stability and 3D insaneness with the MXS's rock solid precision and tumbling capability and the Extra's looks. It's a pretty bad plane!

--Tom K.
RCG Plus Member