SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2014, 03:28 PM
Joined Jan 2014
66 Posts
That is one sweet decking job, way better appearing than mine. Mike R.
Michael Rindfles is offline Find More Posts by Michael Rindfles
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:58 AM
United States, FL, Beverly Hills
Joined Aug 2014
4 Posts
Lessons learned from my Soling 1M

I built a jig to hold my hull upside down. Luckily I had measurements from the deck line down to the DWL. I positioned the boat on a board with the bow snugged into a block to prevent movement and using some block of wood I leveled the hull with a laser targeted on two of the points. Then I secured the hull on the board. Next step was a board above the base with a hole cut in it to surround the hull. It had to be level with the DWL.
Then I taped off the area above and below the place where the DWL was located
Finally an Xacto knife was put into a block of wood that I could slide around the upper board.
Last step was to slide the block with the knife around the hull and carefully slice through the tape. Peel off the portion you don't want and you have a perfect DWL
Ta Da!
Dunc Newt is offline Find More Posts by Dunc Newt
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:43 PM
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined Nov 2014
2 Posts
Cj build

I have watched as several Cj's have been built and was very impressed with the quality of workmanship. I have one of Hans Cj that I have been slowly working on. My hull # is 573 and now in the process of getting the deck ready to go on. I really liked what I saw with #529 and #551, nice jobs . Wish I were closer so I could sail with you. I have a Seawind, a rg65 dragonforce, a trimarron and an IOM. Not that many sailors here in Western Colo. Jim
Jim Tarr is offline Find More Posts by Jim Tarr
Old Nov 17, 2014, 08:43 AM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,856 Posts
Hi Jim,

I wish you lived closer also. There are not very many "CJ's" in So. Calif. Have you considered starting a build thread or posting some pictures on Canterbury J discussion thread.

Ed CJ #529
Ed Crowell is offline Find More Posts by Ed Crowell