Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:26 AM
Professional UAV Services
Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost51 View Post
Are you saying that the GPS module - the bundled MFD higher accuracy
No, I am saying it matters little what GPS you buy ($15 one or $120 one), they all have about the same accuracy just some a better suited for certain conditions and some will get a lock faster than others.

In the end it won't really matter what GPS unit you use on the AAT as you typically have at least 3mins to wait for a solid lock from the GPS on a cold start, after that it won't make any difference as you are not using the GPS to try and hover on the spot.
Redemptioner is offline Find More Posts by Redemptioner
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:38 AM
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Sep 2014
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner View Post
no change there at all, the APM just likes to add Ublox protocol and change a few of the nav settings (some of them I don't agree with from my experience but hey what can you do) every time it starts, if you have plugged it into the APM and it worked before hand all the changes will be there, just adjust it back to NEMA protocol and stop it making any further changes (removing RX) you are good to go.
ok cool thank you for your help one more ? on the gps plug from the red wire witch one is the tx wire and rx wire
jmanikis77 is offline Find More Posts by jmanikis77
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:13 AM
Russia, Murmanskaya oblast, Kovdor
Joined Jan 2014
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner View Post
No, I am saying it matters little what GPS you buy ($15 one or $120 one), they all have about the same accuracy just some a better suited for certain conditions and some will get a lock faster than others.

In the end it won't really matter what GPS unit you use on the AAT as you typically have at least 3mins to wait for a solid lock from the GPS on a cold start, after that it won't make any difference as you are not using the GPS to try and hover on the spot.
In that case, why pay more?
Have two systems are better than one
And the number of satellites more
Ghost51 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost51
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:24 AM
Professional UAV Services
Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost51 View Post
In that case, why pay more?
Have two systems are better than one
And the number of satellites more
Comes down to what you are using the GPS for, if you want to hold a position on your multirotor (say in loiter mode or one of the other various FC position hold mode names) then you want the GPS to be working out where it is as many times a second as it can and be telling the FC where it is.

EDIT: Also both your pictures show the GPS was only generating its 2D & 3D fix from 10 sats, not sure if the picture was meant to show that one was using more sats then the other?
Redemptioner is offline Find More Posts by Redemptioner
Last edited by Redemptioner; Dec 15, 2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:15 AM
Russia, Murmanskaya oblast, Kovdor
Joined Jan 2014
104 Posts
Prompt Bluetooth Module Configuration(AAT, AP MFD)
Name, Cod...........
Ghost51 is offline Find More Posts by Ghost51
Old Today, 06:54 AM
United States, FL, Zephyrhills
Joined Sep 2014
20 Posts
my fly dream tracker shipping

how long does it take to get something shipped to the us from my fly dream and how long does it take to get tracking # from them I ordered some stuff a week ago and have not got no tracking
jmanikis77 is offline Find More Posts by jmanikis77
Old Today, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2008
130 Posts
question "
I'm using MFD AP and MFD AAT v5 .All latest firmware
May i know now GPS down link to AAT using video link only or Video and Audio both ?
Why i ask because i test audio there are no modem sound . i have try 1.2 n 5.8 vtx same.
only video connected system is work perfectly ..unplug video alarm sound even audio connected.
hippojia is offline Find More Posts by hippojia
Old Today, 09:03 AM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippojia View Post
question "
I'm using MFD AP and MFD AAT v5 .All latest firmware
May i know now GPS down link to AAT using video link only or Video and Audio both ?
Why i ask because i test audio there are no modem sound . i have try 1.2 n 5.8 vtx same.
only video connected system is work perfectly ..unplug video alarm sound even audio connected.
The V5 doesnt use audio anymore like the older versions just video signal to track.

Steve
sjgoulet is offline Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Today, 12:53 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgoulet View Post
The V5 doesnt use audio anymore like the older versions just video signal to track.

Steve
I think the v5 driver can still decode audio signal, mine still function with teleflyOSD (audio only)
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade