SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:59 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax
I throw "underhand" I get about 150% more distance than an overhand shot.

You place your hand under the disc with your middle finger on the inside of the lip, your 1st finger supports the underside of the disc and your thumb is on the top of the rim. Pull it back behind your right side (left for lefties) rip it as straight as possible past your hip and flick it off of your middle finger to give it spin. For driving I take 2 steps during the throw.

Try it, you'll like it.
Oh, that's just RHFH (Right Hand, Fore Hand) shot. I get way more distance with RHBH (Right Hand, Back Hand) though. RHBH will typically (unless you really rip it) give you hyzer (left bank near the end), whereas RHFH will typically give you (unless you really rip it), anhyzer (fade to the right near the end of flight).
thermlin' is offline Find More Posts by thermlin'
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2008, 04:49 PM
Slowly Approaching 1,000
Detroit (area), MI
Joined Mar 2004
923 Posts
I play in SE Michigan if anyone happens to want to throw sometime. Just PM me!
philosophicle_1 is offline Find More Posts by philosophicle_1
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Apr 2006
65 Posts
I just started this summer and I love it!!! model airplanes have taken a back seat to disc golf..opps!
aerohusker is offline Find More Posts by aerohusker
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
waken up the old thread! I got back into it last spring when My park and corse reopened after being closed 2 years. been fun. my corse is like tree pinball with discs..
Mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:45 PM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,934 Posts
I'm an avid disc golfer, and have played for years. Unfortunately, one the few local courses is in jeopardy of being cut in half. The course has been in town for over 18 years and is in a very nicely maintained park. It is a professional level course with 18 holes and is beautiful. Unfortunately, because the park is very busy, the city is threatening to cut it down to 9 this spring because of complaints from other people using the park. The sad thing is, the city just made our club redesign the course to alleviate overthrow problems....as soon as it was done, they decided to cut it in half. I see no issues, but people are claiming they don't feel safe there because of the discs. A petition circulated by the club gathered over 1500 signatures, but the city says they won't listen. They did just finish installing a new 18 hole course way over on the west side of town in hopes that it would alleviate the congestion at Edora. Other that this, the only other courses near by are 9 holes or less and very run down. The new course is very wide open and will eventually be a professional course, but it is very barren right now with few trees and flat land (probably 10-15 years before it is like Edora). The club is still trying to negotiate with the city, so hopefully they might be able to work something out. Otherwise, the sport will be losing a very nice DG course.

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:24 AM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret H View Post
I'm an avid disc golfer, and have played for years. Unfortunately, one the few local courses is in jeopardy of being cut in half. The course has been in town for over 18 years and is in a very nicely maintained park. It is a professional level course with 18 holes and is beautiful. Unfortunately, because the park is very busy, the city is threatening to cut it down to 9 this spring because of complaints from other people using the park. The sad thing is, the city just made our club redesign the course to alleviate overthrow problems....as soon as it was done, they decided to cut it in half. I see no issues, but people are claiming they don't feel safe there because of the discs. A petition circulated by the club gathered over 1500 signatures, but the city says they won't listen. They did just finish installing a new 18 hole course way over on the west side of town in hopes that it would alleviate the congestion at Edora. Other that this, the only other courses near by are 9 holes or less and very run down. The new course is very wide open and will eventually be a professional course, but it is very barren right now with few trees and flat land (probably 10-15 years before it is like Edora). The club is still trying to negotiate with the city, so hopefully they might be able to work something out. Otherwise, the sport will be losing a very nice DG course.

Garret
I build mountain bike trails I have seen this happen with trails also.. its all about the polititions gettign their way, they dont care what poeple think. thats just one of the huge problems in the system. good luck.
mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:40 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,024 Posts
There has been a course in the woods below our flying fields for over 10 years. It is fun but the course needs some clean-up work ...to many fallen trees after last years storms.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
Why did I not see this before? Well, disc golf is epic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. LHBH here, Hoping to play my first tourney in April.
atvan is offline Find More Posts by atvan
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:17 PM
Albany, CA
Joined Oct 2004
213 Posts
I've been playing frisbee golf for around 15 years - longer than I've been flying planes, but the planes have been taking over.

I pay at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, which is tough and famous for discs lost in the drink. My personal best is 2 under (52). I also play a few times a week at lunch at work at the UC Berkeley Richmond Field Station where we have an 18 hole target course.

My favorite discs are Katanas, Destroyers and Wraiths.

- Andy
dylancoffin is offline Find More Posts by dylancoffin
Old Mar 09, 2014, 08:46 AM
Registered Useless
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Feb 2003
417 Posts
The problem with maintaining DG courses on public land is it's mostly a volunteer effort. I am fortunate to live where there's almost a hundred regular players to draw sweat-equity from. I haven't been able to attend scheduled work days due to work, and haven't throw for over a year. I will go out this spring, maybe today and have a tour of the near-by courses over the next month. We'll see if my new 2.4 radio works with the latest Innova discs!
scififlyer is offline Find More Posts by scififlyer
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:37 PM
Joined Apr 2006
65 Posts
Still tossin' plastic, LHBH getting a little more distance then last year, a lot more then first year. Rockford, IL 4-18 hole and 3-9 hole in area...and two nice flyin fields!

Throw Innova, but like Lat 64, Star Tern, River, Leopard, Eagle
aerohusker is offline Find More Posts by aerohusker