HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2014, 03:45 PM
4 Point Landing
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Sep 2001
477 Posts
Discussion
What electric Seaplane do you fly....Pros/cons. I need one.

I am looking for an electric seaplane to take with us in our motorhome and that I can fly while we RV. We camp at lakes, rivers and other areas with water.

What are you flying and what are your likes and dislikes about it?

Thanks,
Fred
fred420 is offline Find More Posts by fred420
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:55 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,428 Posts
not really a seaplane but i fly this all the time. water proofed all the electronics with corrosion x and it works amazing. great flying plane with the floats. i have the p-47 motor in mine with stock esc and stock prop. sometimes i use a 3 blade for extra slow speed grunt. dusk flights over water with lights are magic. good luck and have fun. Walt p.s. oops! not a arf. sorry.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Jul 27, 2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 01:41 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
684 Posts
I fly a variety of seaplanes at the lake-GP Seawind, Flyzone Tidewater, HobbyKing skipper and a 72" flying boat called the Madge III. If you have never flown off water I would recommend the Tidewater. Very easy to take off and land, sturdy, can be disassembled and put back in its box. Cons for tidewater- 30 amp esc gets hot-upgraded mine to 40 amp, foam hinges break requiring installing new hinges( minor inconvenience) and unbalanced prop and spinner. I just balanced my prop and fly without spinner. The skipper and the seawind are both great fliers but need a little more takeoff room and a little more skill. The skipper needed to be repainted to make it more visible. My seawind has seen many crashes even been on fire and still flies!( after repairing of course!)
fairplane is online now Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jul 28, 2014, 03:46 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Polaris
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:31 AM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,895 Posts
Hobby King Coot A.

Looks quite scale in the air, and has good ROW and flight characteristics. I love mine.
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:37 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,956 Posts
Polaris, Slowly, and the Rufe (Floatplane Zero variant)

davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:19 AM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,228 Posts
The Tidewater is a great water flyer. Super easy to takeoff and land and reasonably aerobatic in the air.
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg