HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2014, 11:39 AM
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,093 Posts
Don, yes I totally agree with you on the arming switch / interruption device. As a fellow who made his living working on / repairing industrial equipment that could tear a person to shreds, I have a very healthy respect for locking out all energy systems. I still intend to install a plug or switch, but if it can be used in conjunction with an Rx safety then that is just an added bonus.

I do believe the CC Edge ESC I'm using cannot go hot until it is plugged into a power supply, which will be from a separate battery feed. A switch will go in line with the Rx battery too for isolation. But you are quite correct that a moments lack of attention making sure the Rx switch is off could lead to a very painful ecounter . I do not wish to tangle with this motor in a live state unless all my and anybody else's body parts are well out of the way.

Felt the call of the river again this morning, it is very tough to ignore! Oh well, whether I'm fishing or flying, I'm not working, and that's all good! Winds here have been persistent too. Have not seen a calm day for about two weeks now. I did manage to roll my own field last evening, should help tame some of the winter damage.

Neil
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2014, 01:31 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,701 Posts
Here are my 2 planes I had at Joe Nall this year. I must have put 15 flights on my Waco. The Monocoupe I have had for 4 plus years. Still flying strong
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Jun 01, 2014, 06:45 AM
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,093 Posts
Nice work AV8n, all work on my bench has ground to a complete halt. Last flying I did was in late March before the snow completely melted (I love flying in winter with skis). I'm hoping to rectify the flying part soon. Work at my job has slowed down, but I'm still playing catch up to all chores around the property. At least the fishing distraction has somewhat subsided . Can't see any building on the WACO happening for quite a while. Have you got any flying video of your WACO or your Monocoupe? Would love to see some if you do.
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Old Jun 03, 2014, 06:20 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,701 Posts
I'll see what I can come up with. I did realize the other day that it flies just as good on 5s as it does on 6s. I grabbed the wrong battery and didn't look at it until I was done flying. So now I can safely use both and not worry. Although I think I may have been pushing to many amps when the other 6s pack made it's way into the Monocoupe. It's suppose to be 10s and with the wrong battery was at 11s.

Good to finally figure out why the monocoupe just didn't seem right. I'll have to mark my batteries a little better

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n