HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2014, 06:01 AM
Joined Sep 2013
45 Posts
ok, i should have updated my progress a week ago, but better late than never.

i started experimenting with the fuselage structure. i have seen some builds that uses just ribs, with carbon spars connecting them, but i tought that would be harder to do, so i tought of the idea to maybe have a type of box inside of the fuselage from the nose to the tail (obviously cant go all the way, but most of it. i think WAGliderGuy used it in his (glorious.. ) DC-9

well, that's my thoughts, and ill start building it with this method instead as soon as possible.
Farlander is offline Find More Posts by Farlander
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2014, 05:54 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlander View Post
ok, i should have updated my progress a week ago, but better late than never.

i started experimenting with the fuselage structure. i have seen some builds that uses just ribs, with carbon spars connecting them, but i tought that would be harder to do, so i tought of the idea to maybe have a type of box inside of the fuselage from the nose to the tail (obviously cant go all the way, but most of it. i think WAGliderGuy used it in his (glorious.. ) DC-9

well, that's my thoughts, and ill start building it with this method instead as soon as possible.
No rush Sir, Better to take your time & get it right than rush & sscreww it up.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:06 AM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlander View Post
so i tought of the idea to maybe have a type of box inside of the fuselage from the nose to the tail (obviously cant go all the way, but most of it. i think WAGliderGuy used it in his (glorious.. ) DC-9
Although the box structure that runs through the formers worked great on my DC-9, I recommend simply using one, long flat piece of 6mm depron with a carbon fiber rod glued on top instead as it is easier to make and still aligns the formers together.

Also, don't underestimate the strength the sheeting will add! On my next build I might not even use CF.
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Old Jun 22, 2014, 02:02 PM
Joined Sep 2013
45 Posts
Ok, ill scrap that too then trail and error ey?

I don't know how much reinforcement im going to need, but what size of carbon spar do you think i need for the fuselage then?
Farlander is offline Find More Posts by Farlander
Old Jun 22, 2014, 07:35 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,969 Posts
3-4mm is plenty I think.
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy