SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
United States, CA, Olympic Valley
Joined Feb 2013
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frisch View Post
I personally really want to be moving large cameras with this board, so pre2.0 is more exciting to me- but I'm also antsy to get my hands dirty and start contributing more than the random idea tossing that I've done so far. I also predict that we will run into problems sourcing large enough motors for larger cameras, but that's a whole other can of worms.

If the software is compatible (or close enough) with both boards, much progress can be on software side using pre1.3ceX and then later applied to pre2.0 when it is further along in development. So it wouldn't be wasted effort to release 1.3ceX now and let people play with that, continue to develop the software, and push things forward while the next gen hardware is coming out.

My only reservation to that plan is that it could slow progress on pre2.0, which I'd like to keep pushing. Seems like Alan, Rull, Pilt and Bektorkhan are the brains on pre2.0 development, so I'd defer to them on how they want to spend their time.

As I've said several times, thank you guys so much for your efforts and interest in this. Very exciting to see it move forward so quickly.
I'm all in to help test pre2.0...this is where I can contribute most to the project.
I've got the capability to assemble boards. Also have several 50-90mm motors on hand, a gimbal test rig with access to 5D, FS700 and RED cameras and my partner in crime is a professional AP pilot so we will get proper real world feedback on performance.
STMPNGRND is offline Find More Posts by STMPNGRND
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:45 PM
Joined Apr 2013
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STMPNGRND View Post
I'm all in to help test pre2.0...this is where I can contribute most to the project.
I've got the capability to assemble boards. Also have several 50-90mm motors on hand, a gimbal test rig with access to 5D, FS700 and RED cameras and my partner in crime is a professional AP pilot so we will get proper real world feedback on performance.
What is it that you do?
natious is offline Find More Posts by natious
Last edited by natious; Jul 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:11 AM
Poland
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Hi guys,

I soldered one board (v1.2 + bss123 pulldowns) yesterday. All was fine, uploaded firmware via UART1, read/wrote config via UART4... until I connected 12v (without UARTs and IMU). Then psssss, my lab power supply turned off (protection). Right now my board is dead, I think I fried microprocessor. When I connect 3.3v only now, the led is always on, I get no response from UART1 nor UART4, and the mcu is getting very hot after a second or two. None of the ICs are physically damaged. Now I'll have to verify what was wrong...
acc007 is offline Find More Posts by acc007
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:40 AM
Joined Feb 2013
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natious View Post
What is it that you do?
Sent you a PM
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:53 AM
Joined Feb 2013
278 Posts
....ooops dumbthumbs
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:29 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc007 View Post
None of the ICs are physically damaged. Now I'll have to verify what was wrong...
The easiest way to kill the CPU is to mount the FETs 180 turned.
ala42 is offline Find More Posts by ala42
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:40 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Hey folks, Ive been playing around with Martinex and AlexMos based boards pretty much since they have hit the shelves and me and a few other guys from this forum have set up a wiki to kind of help share our knowledge and experience thus far seeing as how there is no centralized information source on brushless gimbals really, was hoping you guys might be interested in setting up a section for your EvvGC board, I think your board has great potential especially since it is the only single board 3 axis solution currently available.

The URL is BLGwiki.com if anybody is interested, its free and public and I intend to keep it that way.
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Old Jul 11, 2013, 08:46 AM
Lithuania
Joined Jan 2007
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
Hey folks, Ive been playing around with Martinex and AlexMos based boards pretty much since they have hit the shelves and me and a few other guys from this forum have set up a wiki to kind of help share our knowledge and experience thus far seeing as how there is no centralized information source on brushless gimbals really, was hoping you guys might be interested in setting up a section for your EvvGC board, I think your board has great potential especially since it is the only single board 3 axis solution currently available.

The URL is BLGwiki.com if anybody is interested, its free and public and I intend to keep it that way.
Nice, will try to develop this wiki page about evvgc!
evvaldis is offline Find More Posts by evvaldis
Old Jul 11, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Just a quick update as this week, I'm having to make up for all the time I spend on Evvgc last week ...

I've got about 80% of the small changes done to the pre1.3ce2 layout. I need to find a couple more hours to devote to it and then I should have it ready.

I'll get that squeezed in as soon as I can. Also I heard from Evvaldis, and he's going to send me the latest sources and I'll update my github... May look at a more formal github for this project as opposed to off my personal one....

More on that as I pull it all together.

Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Jul 2013
20 Posts
Brushless Motor for Red Epic o more..!!

I would like to know if you can replace SI4599DY MOSFFET other SI4618Dy more potent as it is capped at 11A. Since I will use much larger engines, which can be modified?

Greetings.
Ariel is offline Find More Posts by Ariel
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
I would like to know if you can replace SI4599DY MOSFFET other SI4618Dy more potent as it is capped at 11A. Since I will use much larger engines, which can be modified?

Greetings.
I don't think the traces on the 1.2 board will support that much current and there is no heat sink for the FETs. So I don't think I'd try it but that's just me.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
pressed go too fast, see post below
Last edited by aadamson; Jul 11, 2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:32 PM
Joined Jul 2013
20 Posts
OK, I'll wait to Evvaldis have the version for heavy cameras .....
Ariel is offline Find More Posts by Ariel
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Ok All, check this. Here's what I've done in this version - vpre1.3ce2

- removed the 5V bus from the Aux connectors
- added the 3v3 bus to the Aux Connectors
- isolated the 5V USB power from the Motor-12V power so that you don't burn out your USB connection if you have motors connected at the same time you *only* are powering with usb 5V. The opposite was already protected
- created polygon pours for high current connections and multiple vias where transition from top to bottom of board occur.
- created polygon pour for heat sink on outputs of the final FET's
- Sized the 12v capacitor to 35v (could be 25v), it was specified as 16v in the prior design and if you powered with 4S, it may not have had enough margin.
- I looked at doing a Cortex debug connector on the bottom of the board, but it was more effort that I had time for to do the routing for the 10 pins. It would have been a user installed option, but for now, it will need to go on the 2.0 want list.

Rest of changes up through vpre1.3ce1 included based on above changes.

I had one direct request for adding Blue Tooth to this board, but I think that is outside the scope of what it is we are trying to do... That's the beauty of Open Source, if someone wants to add something, they are free to do so on a one off for themselves.

As I'm waiting for the latest sources from Evaldis, I'll setup a github with all these files and the sources and I'll publish that later.

Ok, now now body find anything major would ya...

Alan
Old Jul 11, 2013, 03:51 PM
Qick'nDirtySolutionExpert
Germany, BY, Bobingen
Joined Mar 2013
75 Posts
nice work, Alan.

I believe, Bluetooth can be done with a simple external module - as the most BGC and/or flightcontrols do that way.
Overtuner is offline Find More Posts by Overtuner
Closed Thread