SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 21, 2014, 05:07 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,095 Posts
Since Blade had discontinued the mQX, has anything taken its place? I see some quads that Blade has but they all have camera options on them which I don't see as necessary.

What is filling the void on the mQX?

Thanks,

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2014, 05:30 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,212 Posts
Murocflyer, look up 180 QX, it's what took the place of the mqx and actually shares parts with it too. They offer a RTR, BNF with camera, and a BNF without camera.

http://www.bladehelis.com/180QX/
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Sep 21, 2014, 05:32 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I see some quads that Blade has but they all have camera options on them which I don't see as necessary.
180QX has some new flight mode stuff too.

Quote:
What is filling the void on the mQX?
The voids my MQX is experiencing right now (read: splits and cracks) will be filled very soon by replacement arms. Eventually the motors will wear out too and I'll replace those. Beyond that I'm having too much fun with it to need anything else in the micro size.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Sep 21, 2014, 06:33 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,095 Posts
Got it. Thank you gentlemen.

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-BLH7485-...without+camera

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Sep 23, 2014, 02:51 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
I bought my MQX used a long time ago. flew it alot and still flys well. Replaced props as bent a few. Tried new 180QX at Local hobby shop and it was fine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 23, 2014, 06:04 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2014
80 Posts
I love the MQX i bought an 180qx mid sumer and after a month it was boring i purchased an mqx because it had + pattern flying i wanted to try and it is awesome i like the way it flys like an heli more then a quad

im glad i got this little Quad now it is time to put micro motor ware house motors in and see how it does
Zippets is offline Find More Posts by Zippets
Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:34 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Still love my MQX, Have a 350QX on the way but I will never throw it around and have "fun" flying with it like the MQX. Agility mode... Yeah, I don't think so.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 02, 2014, 10:02 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
I found a couple new nano tech 600 ma 35c batteries. Charged one up and flew MQX. Its been awhile but flew fine. I bought it used almost two yeras ago. Still cranks on. This Quad and Walkera Ladtbird sytarted the Quad buzz. I have both and they fly fine.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 16, 2014, 05:03 PM
Joined Aug 2014
80 Posts
MMW 8.5 black ed with MQX mother board

this board shuts down at 50% throttle could this be to much draw from the motors ?

How Can i solve this problem ?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 06:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippets View Post
MMW 8.5 black ed with MQX mother board

this board shuts down at 50% throttle could this be to much draw from the motors ?

How Can i solve this problem ?
You might just be hitting LVC early, is it an old battery? I've never heard of the mqx boards having thermal detection or escs with current draw resistance.

Otherwise, if you have faster motors, regearing or smaller props will help lower current draw. Probably the only option in the mqx case is the props though.

But first make sure you have a nice strong battery. Even if the board can handle the motors you are using, if the lipo sucks it will just sag the voltage and hit LVC.

But also, if they are lower turn motors to begin with, you are going to have less flight time anyway, because you are using more amperage out of the same mAh battery.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:59 PM
Joined Aug 2014
80 Posts
turngey 600 mah 35c and they are new
Old Oct 16, 2014, 08:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippets View Post
turngey 600 mah 35c and they are new
Hm... weird.

Also sorry, because for some reason I read your post as if the battery was only lasting half the flight time, my bad. I don't know how I read it this way, I guess I should've paid more attention.

I was just throwing possibilities out there, have no clue. I'm not a big quad guy, so my mqx has basically stayed stock.

Good luck with your problem.