SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:02 AM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
you can go in increments to setup the min throttle .if you say 1300 is too fast and 1200 is not then try

any increment should work .just find whats best for your combo .every esc and motor combo will be different .this depends on what amount of cells your running too.a 4s will spin faster than a 3s .

motor stop

if you define motor stop the motors will stop when throttle reaches the end or stop point .they will not spin when armed either until you bring the throttle up .

i am use to having them spin when armed so its not a big deal to me .with them spinning you know right away your armed and ready .

keeps you from forgetting your armed too.
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:14 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
you can go in increments to setup the min throttle .if you say 1300 is too fast and 1200 is not then try

any increment should work .just find whats best for your combo .every esc and motor combo will be different .this depends on what amount of cells your running too.a 4s will spin faster than a 3s .

motor stop

if you define motor stop the motors will stop when throttle reaches the end or stop point .they will not spin when armed either until you bring the throttle up .

i am use to having them spin when armed so its not a big deal to me .with them spinning you know right away your armed and ready .

keeps you from forgetting your armed too.
Thank you I will tri it now.
MrDeath is offline Find More Posts by MrDeath
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Hi. i have a problem :-)
I setted all according to manual . (using Megapirate)...and i uploaded firmware to my crius AIOP v 1.1 ... as i connected a quad to my pc and started mission planner i saw in tx calibration that rx and controll board responds to TX well. :-) but ...all 4 engines has the same stable rpm and they dont react to tx. Does anybody now what could be a problem? :-)...thanks a lot :-)
Ackroyd is offline Find More Posts by Ackroyd
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Hi guys,

I setup an AIOP 1.1 with ESC rctimer SK-30 (30A SimonK) and soft Multiwii 2.1.

I have seen here they are not good ESC, but mine are not burnt yet, and with my config I have 3 problems:

1 - I don't manage to enter the ESC to calibration mode : full throttle, I don't get the small beep saying it enters calibration. Going back Min throttle i get one beep : the ESC is armed, but no calibration was done. Even putting radio to 120% endpoint, nothing changes.

2 - the motors won't arm (see video). I'm on that for two days ..

3 - Multiwiiconf works well for all (read/write, sensor values, GPS, RC sticks values..), but multiwiiWinGui don't display any datas when connected.

See vidéo : I don't get the meaning of the two different kind blinking for leds A and C.

multiwii 2.1 on AIOP + timeRC 30A SimonK: problem arming motors (0 min 48 sec)

config.h:
No external modules activated (not even GPS, but it does not arm better with)
#define MINTHROTTLE 1064 // special ESC (simonk)
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1880
#define MINCOMMAND 1000
#define I2C_SPEED 400000L
#define MIDRC 1500 // ( the neutral was set to 1500 on radio)
#define DEADBAND 6

edit: the min and max value I read for sticks in multiwiiconf are around 1030 and 1886. I tried to change MINTHROTTLE MAXTHROTTLE and MINCOMMAND without results

thanks for reading,
nicopter
nicopter is offline Find More Posts by nicopter
Last edited by nicopter; Feb 06, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:28 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackroyd View Post
Hi. i have a problem :-)
I setted all according to manual . (using Megapirate)...and i uploaded firmware to my crius AIOP v 1.1 ... as i connected a quad to my pc and started mission planner i saw in tx calibration that rx and controll board responds to TX well. :-) but ...all 4 engines has the same stable rpm and they dont react to tx. Does anybody now what could be a problem? :-)...thanks a lot :-)
when you say they dont react to tx do you mean in the user interface?
or you mean armed and on the ground with lipo?

if your hooked to the pc and working the transmitter the usb does not provide any power to run the motors .this can only be achieved when not connected to pc and a lipo battery is hooked up .
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:33 AM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
its not reacting when i unpluged it from pc and connect it to a battery
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:34 AM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
they at the moment of plugging in start to turn some RPM...stable RPM and same for each motor...but when i move my sticks....nothing changes
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopter View Post
Hi guys,

I setup an AIOP 1.1 with ESC rctimer SK-30 (30A SimonK) and soft Multiwii 2.1.

I have seen here they are not good ESC, but mine are not burnt yet, and with my config I have 3 problems:

1 - I don't manage to enter the ESC to calibration mode : full throttle, I don't get the small beep saying it enters calibration. Going back Min throttle i get one beep : the ESC is armed, but no calibration was done. Even putting radio to 120% endpoint, nothing changes.

2 - the motors won't arm (see video). I'm on that for two days ..

3 - Multiwiiconf works well for all (read/write, sensor values, GPS, RC sticks values..), but multiwiiWinGui don't display any datas when connected.

See vidéo : I don't get the meaning of the two different kind blinking for leds A and C.

http://youtu.be/o5-O0dyti5o

config.h:
No external modules activated (not even GPS, but it does not arm better with)
#define MINTHROTTLE 1064 // special ESC (simonk)
#define MAXTHROTTLE 1880
#define MINCOMMAND 1000
#define I2C_SPEED 400000L
#define MIDRC 1500 // ( the neutral was set to 1500 on radio)
#define DEADBAND 6

thanks for reading,
nicopter
for multiwii to arm you need to set your end points(travel) on the throttle channel and rudder channel (yaw)to 125.then it will arm .

if your transmitter does not have travel adjustment then use the trim tabs to trim the throttle channel all the way down .that should get you armed .

be careful now ..once you arm the props will be spinning ,take them off until you get it worked out .
report back i am near the pc for awhile
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:42 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
they at the moment of plugging in start to turn some RPM...stable RPM and same for each motor...but when i move my sticks....nothing changes
i do not know anything about megapirate software .
when your on the pc with it can you see the throttle changes in the user interface??
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:51 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
odd ... but my copter auto increase rpm, what can do this ?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:55 AM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
did you connect right the board to reciver ?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
odd ... but my copter auto increase rpm, what can do this ?
barometer can do that ,make sure its turned off.

in the gui anything thats green is turned on . so check there and have your tx turned on .

did you assign baro to a switch?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
i do not know anything about megapirate software .
when your on the pc with it can you see the throttle changes in the user interface??
yes when i connect copter to pc and start mission planner i see when i move throttle that bar in calibration tab moves too. i dont know where and how to change when i use megapirate and mission planner :-(
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:00 PM
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Oct 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
barometer can do that ,make sure its turned off.

in the gui anything thats green is turned on . so check there and have your tx turned on .

did you assign baro to a switch?
I use Multiwii Lite, as I know it doesn't have baro
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeath View Post
I use Multiwii Lite, as I know it doesn't have baro
ok, you might have a vibration problem causing that .enable the 42hz low pass filters and then try again .assuming you calibrated the esc`s right?