SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacka View Post
Doh! whilst adjusting it broke the slot where the arm goes into the servo.

I guess time to throw it away since the board cost just as much as a new kit
That can easily be replaced with a part from a dead pcb, if you have one.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:57 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
That can easily be replaced with a part from a dead pcb, if you have one.

regards . . . g
Or perhaps someone has a dead pcb with still intact servos, and is willing to send you a replacement for the broken part.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Feb 2011
9 Posts
Running out of yaw trim

Hi just bought an another 260a and out of the box I cannot get enough trim to keep the plane from turning left. The trim has the yaw all the way to the right however the heli continues to yaw left. Anybody know how to calibrate the transmitter to get some more trim?
johnnytc4 is offline Find More Posts by johnnytc4
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:51 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytc4 View Post
Hi just bought an another 260a and out of the box I cannot get enough trim to keep the plane from turning left. The trim has the yaw all the way to the right however the heli continues to yaw left. Anybody know how to calibrate the transmitter to get some more trim?
The main blades are over-powering the tail motor or the tail motor is not running.

Check that the tail motor is properly plugged in under the canopy. If not plugged in of course it won't run. If plugged in upside down it will turn backwards.
Also check that the tail rotor is not pressed on to far and is clear of hair, etc.

Put the rudder trim back to center. Hold the heli in your hand and give it some throttle. Move the tail to left and right. The tail motor should noticeably and audibly change speed.

Report back.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
9 Posts
After looking at the tail rotor, it looks like it may be bad, its spinning and definitely trying, but can't generate enough thrust to hold the heli from yawing left. The rotor shaft on the tail rotor appears sloppy but the main indicator was how hot the tail rotor was to the touch...scorching after several minutes.

Brand new out of the box and couldnt even fly properly on the first flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
The main blades are over-powering the tail motor or the tail motor is not running.

Check that the tail motor is properly plugged in under the canopy. If not plugged in of course it won't run. If plugged in upside down it will turn backwards.
Also check that the tail rotor is not pressed on to far and is clear of hair, etc.

Put the rudder trim back to center. Hold the heli in your hand and give it some throttle. Move the tail to left and right. The tail motor should noticeably and audibly change speed.

Report back.

regards . . . g
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:40 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
881 Posts
Quote:
Look at the beginning
of this thread for instructions on how to enter sub-trim mode.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
9 Posts
Ended up pressing the tail rotor shaft into the tail rotor hard,and somehow the sloppiness is now gone and it flies without issue. Can't believe this worked.... right after I ordered a tail boom

Quote:
After looking at the tail rotor, it looks like it may be bad, its spinning and definitely trying, but can't generate enough thrust to hold the heli from yawing left. The rotor shaft on the tail rotor appears sloppy but the main indicator was how hot the tail rotor was to the touch...scorching after several minutes.

Brand new out of the box and couldnt even fly properly on the first flight.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:51 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
My 260A has not seen much action till a few weeks ago. Ran some batteries through it and had a good time. This is one of the best flybar mico 4 ch helis to fly. I like this and Helios to get down and boggie around the house. Solo-pro need to come out with a FBL heli in 4ch.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:46 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
My 260A has not seen much action till a few weeks ago. Ran some batteries through it and had a good time. This is one of the best flybar mico 4 ch helis to fly. I like this and Helios to get down and boggie around the house.
My Solo Pro II is my best and favorite flyer. Modded with Bravo SX motor and tail, plus a metal swashplate for super-sharp response. I fly it without the tail fin.

The SX motor/tail upgrade is a no-brainer, almost mandatory -- it's inexpensive and it drops right in.

Quote:
Solo-pro need to come out with a FBL heli in 4ch.
Errr... They did, quite a while back.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Hi,

My Solo Pro II won't power-on after putting the battery, no LED light.
Checked the landing skid connector/wire and it is functioning properly
Tried different landing skid, checked wires from the receiver.
My battery is charged, all of them won't work to power on the heli.

Just flew two days ago using two batteries, with rest in between to cool down the motor.
Then yesterday i want to use it but no power on my heli.

Is this something to do with my new battery, i bought new set of batteries for spare with higher cap/mah
Anybody experienced this issue and how to fix this?
nathan1028 is offline Find More Posts by nathan1028
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1028 View Post
Hi,

My Solo Pro II won't power-on after putting the battery, no LED light.
Checked the landing skid connector/wire and it is functioning properly
Tried different landing skid, checked wires from the receiver.
My battery is charged, all of them won't work to power on the heli.

Just flew two days ago using two batteries, with rest in between to cool down the motor.
Then yesterday i want to use it but no power on my heli.

Is this something to do with my new battery, i bought new set of batteries for spare with higher cap/mah
Anybody experienced this issue and how to fix this?
There could be a problem with the connector between skids and receiver, or a broken wire. If you are sure the wires are still well connected to PCB, the problem must be elsewhere. You are sure you didn't insert the battery the wrong way? Even just once can kill the receiver. It can be repaired, but not without experience on soldering SMD components.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
There could be a problem with the connector between skids and receiver, or a broken wire. If you are sure the wires are still well connected to PCB, the problem must be elsewhere. You are sure you didn't insert the battery the wrong way? Even just once can kill the receiver. It can be repaired, but not without experience on soldering SMD components.
Already checked the wires, seems to be connected.
I don't remember inserting the battery the wrong way, i inserted it wrong but the metal panels are on the bottom so it won't be a problem.
I don't have major crash before this happened.

It is related to my new battery?
I bought 4pcs 150mah and have used it a couple of times.
I put some rest before using another battery.

What part needs to be soldered? I have knowledge in soldering but not SMD components
nathan1028 is offline Find More Posts by nathan1028
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
TX Display problem

I just bought a Bravo SX and used it for a day.
When I got home from work today the display on the TX is showing all sorts of crazy characters, although the RX is behaving normally. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?
I can still fly the heli but can't see the trim levels or the throttle value.
raybey1 is offline Find More Posts by raybey1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:11 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybey1 View Post
I just bought a Bravo SX and used it for a day.
When I got home from work today the display on the TX is showing all sorts of crazy characters, although the RX is behaving normally. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?
I can still fly the heli but can't see the trim levels or the throttle value.
Did you remove the TX batteries and replace them? That may reset the TX. If no luck, I would guess the display or associated electronics are faulty. Maybe the TX can be replaced under warranty. Hope so.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
TX Problem

Yes I replaced the batteries but still the same problem. I got it from RC fever but they say since its been more than 7 days since delivery then they cannot help. Its also quite hard to find a new TX receiver being sold on its own.
raybey1 is offline Find More Posts by raybey1