SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Spain, GA, Ourense
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
More Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
This is definitely a builders jet. Loved both mine to the end(ccrash). But enjoyed the build. It can be made a very nice jet with a little work. I wouldn't use those tail feathers even if they came pristine. Use balsa. I used an old set of SkyAngel F86 wings and it was a perfect fit with only a little work and some CF. Good luck.
Thanks FireHawk. I was planning to use some CF on the horizontal stabs, I have seen some models that come with it from stock, mine don't.
Another question. As I said before this is my first edf. Made a ground test, it's clear that fan needs to be balanced. I see that I can reach fan screw easily (about1 inch from foam edge), without the need of taking out all the edf, but I don't know what to wait, it seems that the motor is somehow attached to the duct, so it won't get loose if I unscrew fan, and the fan looks like if it goes screwed to a shaft adaptor or something like that, my question is: if I unscrew fan, it will be easy to reassemble, I mean, there are no going to appear a bunch of little pieces that force me to take out all the edf unit to put it all together again, am I right and motor won't get loose?. Thanks in advance
New Merlin is offline Find More Posts by New Merlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,207 Posts
Nope, your good. Go ahead take that screw off and pull the fan off of the hub its mounted onto. No little pieces or thing will fly off. I totally get your new and your concerns. Do you know how to balance the fan? I use tape to initially balance it then use CA/super glue (loctite professional) for the permanent setup after tape it removed.
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Last edited by FireHawx; Yesterday at 10:30 AM. Reason: .....
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
Spain, GA, Ourense
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawx View Post
Nope, your good. Go ahead take that screw off and pull the fan off of the hub its mounted onto. No little pieces or thing will fly off. I totally get your new and your concerns. Do you know how to balance the fan? I use tape to initially balance it then use CA/super glue (loctite professional) for the permanent setup after tape it removed.
Thanks again FireHawk, I've seen some YT videos on how to balance an edf fan, I'll follow your advises.
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Spain, GA, Ourense
Joined Apr 2014
9 Posts
Sorry... FireHawx, my foul.
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,207 Posts