New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2016, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by tcbp285
Joined Oct 2006
212 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 8FG Screen Default

Happy New Year to all.

I have a small but annoying problem with my 8FG.

I start a flight on the home screen.
The screen then defaults to another screen ( either system , linkage or menu - I have not taken any notice of which ) maybe 45 ? seconds after.
Pushing S1 gets me back to the home screen.
This happens several times during a 2 minute.

This has been the case since day 1, firstly without the use of timers and now using both timers.

I am sure there is a simple fix ?
tcbp285 is offline Find More Posts by tcbp285
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2016, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
11,495 Posts
You are probably pushing the MDL button by accident which takes you to the Model menu. It is not difficult to do as the MDL button is close enough to the edge where your right palm is. Lock the screen before flight by holding down S1 until you see the little key sign. Keep in mind that once locked you can not change the screen from the one at the time you locked it - you need to unlock it by holding down S1, switch to another screen if necessary then lock again.

I normally go to the timers screen before taking off and lock the screen there. Locking and unlocking is now something I do without thinking, I'm so used to it.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
Old Jan 05, 2016, 02:25 AM
Find More Posts by tcbp285
Joined Oct 2006
212 Posts
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for that. You were 100% correct!
I guess that explains those random beeping sounds as well :-)
tcbp285 is offline Find More Posts by tcbp285
Old Jan 05, 2016, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
11,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbp285 View Post
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for that. You were 100% correct!
I guess that explains those random beeping sounds as well :-)
Yeap, it beeps every time you touch that sensor.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
Old Jan 05, 2016, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by pilotpete2
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,820 Posts
+1 on locking the touch wheel.
If you update to the latest firmware, there is the option to auto-lock the control input thingy. This works particularly well with the option to have the radio power on to the model select screen (both options are under the MDL menu). With both options on, when you power up the radio, the model select screen will have the last model selected highlighted, now you just have to tap the enter button to fly the same model, or scroll to another model that you plan on flying. When the model loads, then the input lock will be active.
Lots of good stuff in the 8FG and 14SG
Pete
pilotpete2 is online now Find More Posts by pilotpete2