SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 20, 2015, 06:40 PM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Mar 2015
8 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyzone Duet Mods

I didn't see much on the subject, so I thought I would open it: Have had this Duet for several months, and it has been through alot, mostly crashes and being lost in trees. I somehow shorted out a battery on the plug, and lost use of the elevator. Still flys well, just have to use throttle for altitude. The canopy came off not long ago, and my son found a lego figure head to go in there. A little double-sided sticky tape, and we are on our way...
combatscoot is offline Find More Posts by combatscoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2015, 09:04 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
586 Posts
I made mine into a WWII German looking plane by trimming the tips round and painting it.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:11 PM
Canada, BC, Terrace
Joined Mar 2014
86 Posts
Great Paint Job

looking like something out of Indiana Jones
DonRhone is online now Find More Posts by DonRhone
Old Mar 25, 2015, 07:25 PM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Mar 2015
8 Posts
Bigger Landing Wheels

I really like the WWII German paintjob. When I bought the Duet, I knew the landing wheels wouldn't do the trick in the parks we use, so I bought some 1" wheels and installed them in place of the stock ones, placing one of the stock ones on the back in place of the tiny tailwheel. My son and I also tend to fly at night, so we tried painting glow-in-the-dark stripes on the underside of the wings. Didn't really work in the glow function, but looks good, and does help a little with visibility, mainly because of the bright green color.
combatscoot is offline Find More Posts by combatscoot
Last edited by combatscoot; Mar 25, 2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: forgot something.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:22 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
586 Posts
Glad you guys like it. That was done with an airbrush, but if you don't have an airbrush, I've seen planes painted with Sharpies that look fantastic. I tried to make it look like a Henschel Hs129, but there are lots of schemes that would look good on the Duet.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon