HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
hi, i'm having some problem figuring out how the motor mount attaches to the fuse. the mount has two knobs that seems intended to go into the two corresponding holes in the fuse/foam motor cover, but this makes the motor very inaccessable and prop clearance a bit too close for comfort. i'm tempted to glue the mount further back but concerned this could make proper cg difficult.
fpvwannabe is offline Find More Posts by fpvwannabe
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:52 PM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
307 Posts
If the prop isnt rubbing against anything then mount it and fly!
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Old Mar 22, 2015, 05:07 AM
I look, listen and learn
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2013
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvwannabe View Post
hi, i'm having some problem figuring out how the motor mount attaches to the fuse. the mount has two knobs that seems intended to go into the two corresponding holes in the fuse/foam motor cover, but this makes the motor very inaccessable and prop clearance a bit too close for comfort. i'm tempted to glue the mount further back but concerned this could make proper cg difficult.
That's pretty much how mine is, and I haven't had a problem yet. You can always try to make two more indents a couple of mm back from the original ones and mount it, let us know if this works for you. I personally think it would keep the motor cooler if it's out more and it might be a little quieter with the prop more away from the foam. you may have to put a bigger bat or add a couple grams of weight up front for your cg When moving the motor back more.
Timbo383 is online now Find More Posts by Timbo383
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:35 AM
Joined Jan 2013
95 Posts
Motor is pointing down so make sure the mount is installed that way. Thrust angle
raptor357 is online now Find More Posts by raptor357
Old Mar 22, 2015, 02:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
thanks for the replies! i'll glue it down in the pre-molded indents since that has worked for the rest of you. i dont want to make the rig any heavier than necessary.

raptor: the first thing i did was to grind the mount offset flush. all planes ive seen the motor axis goes through CG so i dont understand why they would cant it - downwards! hopefully i wont regret congrats on your 2mile fpv trip, nice video!
fpvwannabe is offline Find More Posts by fpvwannabe
Old Mar 22, 2015, 04:40 PM
Getting Somewhere :D
United Kingdom, England, Loughborough
Joined Dec 2012
759 Posts
Update on my wing
After my crash, I had lost the wing tip, today I went full on and cut-off both wing-tips and (equally and evenly ofc) and it flies like a dream :')

Quite a bit more agile and fun than before
jkishan16 is online now Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Mar 22, 2015, 09:51 PM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
Update on my wing
After my crash, I had lost the wing tip, today I went full on and cut-off both wing-tips and (equally and evenly ofc) and it flies like a dream :')

Do you have a pic? Id like to see how it looks with the clipped wings.
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Old Mar 23, 2015, 07:02 AM
I look, listen and learn
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2013
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
Update on my wing

That's great to hear.
Timbo383 is online now Find More Posts by Timbo383
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:05 PM
Getting Somewhere :D
United Kingdom, England, Loughborough
Joined Dec 2012
759 Posts
EDIT:
Here they are

They are about 4cm from each side (4cm from the control surface)
It does fly well without hassles as such
jkishan16 is online now Find More Posts by jkishan16
Last edited by jkishan16; Mar 23, 2015 at 04:46 PM.