HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:58 PM
hovering-stage
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Question
Some newbie questions

Hello

I got some questions about electronics and general.

I ordered a 3A ubec. How do i connect it?

What is the word bogging means on motors?

Should i mount my reciever and fbl gyro inside the frame? Whats thf best place to mount a gyro for less vibrations?

Can i lubr mainshaft, feathering, tail and my belt with lithium grease? (yes or no, i know the negatives)

Thats it . My helis are for now:
HK 450 PRO V2 TT
KDS 450Q FBL W/ Zyx-S
alanthor is offline Find More Posts by alanthor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:27 AM
BNUC-s
Joined Feb 2012
300 Posts
try this website it might answer some of your questions although it is plane based http://www.rcplanes4beginners.co.uk/...lectronics.php
biggles uk is offline Find More Posts by biggles uk
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:39 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanthor View Post
Hello

I got some questions about electronics and general.

I ordered a 3A ubec. How do i connect it?
Solder the red and black input leads to your ESC red and black battery leads. The servo type connector on the other end of the BEC then connects to any available input on the RX. If your ESC has a built-in BEC, you'll have to disable it by either cutting the centre red wire on the output lead, or releasing the pin and insulating it with, say, some heatshrink. Another way to do it would be to plug the ESC RX lead into one side of a servo "Y" lead, with the red centre wire cut out from the Y lead, and plug the BEC output into the other side of the Y lead. Then plug the bottom of the Y into the RX.

Quote:
What is the word bogging means on motors?
It means slowing down too much under load. That can happen if you have too large a motor pinion together with too much blade pitch. Motors are most efficient when they run at no less than 80% of the speed they run at unloaded. The more you load them up, the more they slow down, and the more power is converted to waste heat.

Quote:
Should i mount my reciever and fbl gyro inside the frame? Whats thf best place to mount a gyro for less vibrations?
You can do, if there's enough room. On my 450 Pro, using a fairly large RX and ESC, I prefer to have everything on the outside, where it's easily accessible. Some people value an immaculate clean look, and are prepared to put up with having to do more work when doing repairs or maintenance. Check my blog for some pics of my "industrial" install on my 450 Pro! I like to mount my CX FBL controller on the gyro mount behind the anti-rotation bracket on one or two layers of 3M foam tape. The CX and ZYX seem to work better mounted on firm tape rather than the soft stuff they come with.

Quote:
Can i lubr mainshaft, feathering, tail and my belt with lithium grease? (yes or no, i know the negatives)
It depends. You shouldn't use any petroleum based lubricants with anything plastic or rubber. I use lithium grease on my thrust bearings and one way bearings, cooking oil on my feathering spindle, and Tri-Flow teflon lube on most of the other bits. You can use a silicon spray on the belt.

Quote:
Thats it . My helis are for now:
HK 450 PRO V2 TT
KDS 450Q FBL W/ Zyx-S
Happy flying!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:03 PM
hovering-stage
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Thank you very much

Can i use food/cooking oil on my mainshaft and mainshaft too? Even on all my bearings?
alanthor is offline Find More Posts by alanthor
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:32 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,652 Posts
You could, but something really thin like Tri-Flow can more easily get into your bearings, past the dust shields, and you can also use it on the shafts. You can usually find Tri-Flow at bike shops.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c