Closed Thread
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:39 AM
Jamal
Canada, PE, Charlottetown
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
Discussion
Christmas 2012, Ideas!

Hey guys! As you all know, Christmas is coming up next month, and some of us are getting our lists ready! No, I do not believe in Santa, I am the youngest in my family (16), but my mother still gives us present from "Santa". Yesterday my mother asked me to start making a list of what I want, and I know that I want some sort of Foam Jet Kit, but which one? That's where you guys come in!

What I am looking for is a EDF Foam Jet Kit, costing no more than $120 Canadian. Basically, I am looking for a fighter jet with electronics, I already have some electronics though, such as; LiPo 3s battery, ESC, 6 Chan Transmitter, and 6 9g micro servos! I am hoping to get one that is capable of going at decent speeds, and can maybe do rolls? I'm not RC expert, so I want one that isn't too challenging to fly. If any of you fellow RC fans have any suggestions, through me some feedback! Looking forward to see what you guys recommend! Thank you
RCJamal is offline Find More Posts by RCJamal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:34 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
Or even a website that sells them could help
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:37 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I am thinking maybe this or this Anyone know which goes faster?
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
What level of experience do you posess? Are you a beginner, intermediate? Have you flown RC planes before? If not, shelve the plan for a jet and start with a high wing trainer like a Hobbyzone Champ, Super Cub or Firebird Stratos. Getting an EDF Jet as your firs plane is just asking for a 5 second flight and taking the plane home in a trash bag. On the other hand, if you are a seasoned flier, then I would suggest a pusher type jet as your first, say an E-Flight Stryker. Flies fast like a jet, but can still fly slow if you need it to.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:41 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I'd can probably fly any, I'm a fast learner and had lot's of practice/
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:00 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJamal View Post
Hey guys! As you all know, Christmas is coming up next month, and some of us are getting our lists ready! No, I do not believe in Santa, I am the youngest in my family (16)
What's wrong with you, you'll get nothing but coal. Santa knows all. He brings me something every year and I'm a lot older than you. Maybe because I always leave him milk and cookies.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
Practicing on a sim is not the same as flying a real RC plane. Do some research on these forums and they are full of newbies wanting to fly a jet as a first RC plane. Take my advice, you will most certainly have a really fast lesson into what it's like to destroy your first RC plane. Jets take a lot of experiece to get flying. Trust me, you ain't ready, no matter how fast a learner you are or how much sim time you have. Buy another type of plane and learn on that first. This is a common question that is constantly asked on these forums by newbies wanting a jet as a first plane. Your thread has been open 4 days now and I am the only one that has responded with a helpful answer.....................that has to tell you something. Most members here get weary of trying to dissuade a newbie from getting an EDF jet as their first plane. Silence speaks volumes.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:05 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
I've flown RC planes and helicopters before, I even flew real planes a couple of times, I am not a newbie. I bought planes before, and built my own also! I got a design that will be coming out soon, it's all built, but I think my battery and stuff is too heavy for a flying wing
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
You sounded like a newbie so I responded as such. Well, if you can fly and land an RC plane with your eyes closed then have at it. There are just way too many to recommend just one.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:57 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
Alrighty
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
I'd can probably fly any, I'm a fast learner and had lot's of practice/
This is what people say right before they crash.

Some people do pick up flying easily...you may be one of them. Still, if "Santa" brings you a cool plane, it might be a good idea to build it and admire it on the shelf while you run a few batteries through something easy.

Otherwise, you'll have a long wait for another "Santa" visit after you wad it up.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Great first plane... Though definitely not a jet...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/champ-rtf-HBZ4900
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:25 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,378 Posts
this area may be helpful too: http://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-electric-jets-375/
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:23 PM
Jamal
Joined Aug 2012
206 Posts
Guys, I flew other planes.. anyone got ideas for jets?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:30 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Guys, I flew other planes.. anyone got ideas for jets?
Closed Thread