Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:32 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
Have you performed a compass calibration recently? I had the same problem a couple of different times and I found that everything worked better after a fresh compass calibration. Just a though.
Yep, I did earlier today and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I did have a prop go out of track on me today even though everything is balanced. I had one do it before because the arm it was on was a lot flimsier than the others. I stiffened the arm with a rod glued to the bottom of it and it didn't happen again. Maybe I'm getting some more vibration from another flimsy arm causing a problem. I have ordered some carbon sleeve to cover them so maybe that will help. It didn't use to do this and it's gotten pretty bad in the last week. Maybe the cold weather has something to do with it as well.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Yep, I did earlier today and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I did have a prop go out of track on me today even though everything is balanced. I had one do it before because the arm it was on was a lot flimsier than the others. I stiffened the arm with a rod glued to the bottom of it and it didn't happen again. Maybe I'm getting some more vibration from another flimsy arm causing a problem. I have ordered some carbon sleeve to cover them so maybe that will help. It didn't use to do this and it's gotten pretty bad in the last week. Maybe the cold weather has something to do with it as well.
I found that mine was improved quite a bit by stiffening the arms with 16MM CF tubing (siliconed along the bottom of each arm) but I too have decided to take the plunge and sleeve the arms instead. My materials will be here next week for this. I have been flying in very cold weather here in Colorado and find that the unit flies much better. The arms should be stiffer in the cold so I would think that this would improve things for you not the other way around. Also, the density altitude factor is working to my advantage as I am at 7,000 ft. MSL and get better lift in the cold. Good luck with it. We can compare notes after the "sleeve job"
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:56 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
I found that mine was improved quite a bit by stiffening the arms with 16MM CF tubing (siliconed along the bottom of each arm) but I too have decided to take the plunge and sleeve the arms instead. My materials will be here next week for this. I have been flying in very cold weather here in Colorado and find that the unit flies much better. The arms should be stiffer in the cold so I would think that this would improve things for you not the other way around. Also, the density altitude factor is working to my advantage as I am at 7,000 ft. MSL and get better lift in the cold. Good luck with it. We can compare notes after the "sleeve job"
I've been putting off sleeving the arms but I think it's time to just go ahead and do it. It might be in my mind but it feels like my arms are actually more flimsy than they used to be.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-S800-Rei...item4ac0d75b77

Looks like someone here is now offering this service...
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:03 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-S800-Rei...item4ac0d75b77

Looks like someone here is now offering this service...
$620.00 for original arms.
$480.00 for replica arms.
and $280 for your own arms.

Not cheap for sure.

cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
I think the first few sets are the hardest to get down, once u figure them out you should be able to do all 6 within 2 hrs or so, once cured dremel out the areas that don't need covered and you are in business.
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:12 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
It might be in my mind but it feels like my arms are actually more flimsy than they used to be.
I've noticed exact the same thing. Arms that have put under stress (maybe because of vibes) they lose a little rigidity.
The methode that is offered by the ebayseller looks like exactly the same methode I am using. It's a little heavier, 14 grams added, the method as I know it ad approximately 7 gram pro arm.
Aaalie is online now Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:58 AM
Joined Mar 2012
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
I think the first few sets are the hardest to get down, once u figure them out you should be able to do all 6 within 2 hrs or so, once cured dremel out the areas that don't need covered and you are in business.
So you wait for everything to be cured and then dremel the areas?
I found a company here that will do the mod for 600$ . I think I will just do it myself, ordered 1.5' carbon sleeve but need to source the shrink tubing and epoxy...

On another note, I balanced my props some time ago and did some shady fix to balance the hubs. I found a centrifugal force calculator so I could put the weight on the motors instead of the hub which is at twice the distance from the center of rotation than the outside of the prop hub.
So is there a rocket scientist () here that can confirm that "x" mass object at "y" distance from the hub = half "x" mass at twice the "y" distance ? It just sounds too simple

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/newtonian/centrifugal
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:59 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
511 Posts
Carbon Wrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
$620.00 for original arms.
$480.00 for replica arms.
and $280 for your own arms.

Not cheap for sure.

cheers
For some reason I have a verry strong feeling I'm first drained from info, and now this NOT good willing Greek offers this service. Like they did not drain us enough (my apology to all the good willing Greek).

Special offer thanks to this not verry nice eBay seller.
CARBON WRAP for your arms, $ 200,- including world wide shipment back to you. Guaranteed shipped back to you with in three working days. Handeld with greatest care. Lots of experience with the wrap method. Send the arms without props, but you do not have to remove the motor and ESC.
Are you interested, send pb for (mail) adres, or mail direct to Info(at)vanuitdeluchtbekeken.nl
(Only) paypal accepted.

Kind regards,
Aldert
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:30 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
535 Posts
Albert, two things..
First, I'm not getting what u mean about the Greeks. Why is this seller not very nice?
Secondly, when I type "www.vanuitdeluchtbekeken.nl" into my address bar, my Kaspersky Internet Security flags your website as infected by a trojan horse with the message: "HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic".
Other than that, het is onze eigen politiek die meedoet aan die geldschuiverij naar Griekenland..
I did access your website on the iPad though, without problems.
Squawk is offline Find More Posts by Squawk
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:43 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
511 Posts
Site is hosted by www.sohosted.com , I am not a computer guy. Send pb, that does work.

Kind regards,
Alddddert (Aldert)
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:22 AM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Let's see......

If you charge to wrap someone's arm's for them and they Crash......do you take the responsibility, for replacing their entire setup, if it is due to an Arm failure...?

Same thing for the Balancing Service......

Just wondering.........

We have wrapped three sets using a Vacuum Bag and it is pretty easy to do.......
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:32 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post

We have wrapped three sets using a Vacuum Bag and it is pretty easy to do.......
Nice! How do they look? Do you have a picture?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:37 AM
Joined Nov 2012
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
For some reason I have a verry strong feeling I'm first drained from info, and now this NOT good willing Greek offers this service. Like they did not drain us enough (my apology to all the good willing Greek).

Special offer thanks to this not verry nice eBay seller.
CARBON WRAP for your arms, $ 200,- including world wide shipment back to you. Guaranteed shipped back to you with in three working days. Handeld with greatest care. Lots of experience with the wrap method. Send the arms without props, but you do not have to remove the motor and ESC.
Are you interested, send pb for (mail) adres, or mail direct to Info(at)vanuitdeluchtbekeken.nl
(Only) paypal accepted.

Kind regards,
Aldert
Do not know if you have something with Greece .

But i want to see if I would write something for this offer, coming from your country the price is near 380-410 usd.
http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info....adfb3f348f0fe3 .

As for the prices there are many categories of materials Carbon and Laminating Epoxy start from 30.00usd to 120.00usd for reinforce 6 arms .

Conclusion : We all know that you get the cheap usually pay double.

Christian
consoleworld is offline Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:02 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
Do not know if you have something with Greece .

But i want to see if I would write something for this offer, coming from your country the price is near 380-410 usd.
http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info....adfb3f348f0fe3 .

As for the prices there are many categories of materials Carbon and Laminating Epoxy start from 30.00usd to 120.00usd for reinforce 6 arms .

Conclusion : We all know that you get the cheap usually pay double.

Christian
I have to admit, the carbonwrap from Digitech is absolutely outstanding quality

Kind regards,
Aldert