Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
OK, a small piece of useful (?) info

the ESC calibration measures the start/end points of the PWM pulse/signal (thats the 5 or 3.3volt one from the FC), so, the number of cells is actually of no significance
doesn't have anything to do with the # of cells but in the end voltage since the ECS is calibrated to the motor and the motor spins faster the more voltage that is applied hence the "kv". The end points change with more voltage and more rpm.
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:50 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor View Post
The end points change with more voltage and more rpm.
No way.
1100 PWM is the same at 2S and at 6S
1850 PWM is the same at 2S and at 6S

But yes, wrong information from armchair experts is everywhere in this thread, so go on... ;-)
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Today, 01:29 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor View Post
doesn't have anything to do with the # of cells but in the end voltage since the ECS is calibrated to the motor and the motor spins faster the more voltage that is applied hence the "kv". The end points change with more voltage and more rpm.
You should first proof to yourself, by live experience, that what you are saying is true before posting!

manu
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Today, 07:54 AM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMayDay View Post
I did. Multiple times on both 3S and 4S, but still only get half the throttle curve on 4S.
What is your throttle doing in the GUI?
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Today, 08:53 AM
Joined Apr 2013
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry. View Post
Many hub motors, if not all, uses what is called hall sensors to keep track where the magnets are to switch the coils in the right manner. This type of construction requires quite simple electronics and have the huge advantage that it could delive full power from stand still.

The way brushless controllers without sensors works is way more advanced. They sense (if im not way off here) electric current from the coils when a magnet have passed and uses this information to tell the cpu when to fire the coils in the right sequence.

The drawback of this is that if the magnets doesn't move (as a hub motor that stands still) the controller doesn't know in what sequence it should begin to start the motor and thus wont turn at all until some little speed have been added so it turns a little, which of course is not preferable. In a RC motor for a plane fex the controller move the rotor a little for a split second in a random direction so it knows which way the magnets move know what sequence it should use and the next second turn the rotor in the right way. This is normally not possible on a hub motor.

SimonK code is not meant for hall sensors or similar driving and to compile it over to this could in one way be very easy since pretty much all need to be erased and some simple algorithm be implemented for hall sensors instead, but there are already ESC out there for this. If it could be changed to work without sensors but still be able to run a motor that is still, I don't know.
Hello and thank you for your answer,

I know that it exist sensored and sensorless brushless motor and controller but I was not enough accurate in my previous post.

What I wanted to say is if there is a way to improve torque at low rpm in sensorless ESC.

I saw on several forum that it is possible to use sensorless low KV brushless motor but we have to go at 5 mph before enable the motor.

Some ESC have problem with low speed and high torque situation ( heavy bike and man ) but sensorless High End Castle Creation seems to works great.

Is there a way to change setting in the ASM Simonk program to works a best as possible with this king of configuration or is it optimized for high speed rc configuration ?

Thank you again and sorry for my lack of détails and for my English.
WalkOver is online now Find More Posts by WalkOver
Old Today, 12:44 PM
Crashing is my thing.
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2012
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake View Post
What is your throttle doing in the GUI?
No GUI. This is good old fashioned receiver/esc/motor and nothing else, no FC in the middle. Throttle on my radio screen is showing full throw in both cases.
MayMayDay is online now Find More Posts by MayMayDay