Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:07 AM
Point Pleasant, WV
Joined May 2002
93 Posts
GWS Auto-cut question

I guess that this is kind of a stupid question but...

I have a regular 2 channel futaba system, and I want to build something simple for my kids to learn on (instead of endangering my planes and equipment.) Probably a rogallo-type plane. I thought that the gws auto-cut would be perfect, but very little documentation came with it.

As shown in the picture below (I hope) there are three connectors: an male and female battery connector and a rx connector. My question is: is this just intended to be a cheap replacement for an esc only? Or could you use a y connector on the battery and split the output between the rx and the auto cut so that the motor will still cut off at low voltage but the rx will still operate?
thekingofmice is offline Find More Posts by thekingofmice
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:38 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,882 Posts
The auto-cut shuts down only the motor, leaving control to land. But be careful when you push start! That's wide open throttle until then. Stick with low Mah packs, cause it won't come down until the pack gets low.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:53 PM
Point Pleasant, WV
Joined May 2002
93 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Ok, looking at it again I see that it has to be plugged into the RX in order to use the BEC. What was confusing me was that the RX that I have only has 2 channels and no separate plug for a battery. So the auto-cut won't be any use to me. It has to be powered through a BEC circuit, so I might as well use an ESC. It looks like I will have to use just throttle and rudder for the plane. (Unless I can disassemble the RX and find some way to hook the battery into it without using one of the channels.)
thekingofmice is offline Find More Posts by thekingofmice