Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:49 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,187 Posts
OK,,, I saw (folder) (folder) but couldn't access them. So I need to put the card in a card reader, hook it up to the computer and create some folders. NICE!!! That's what I was looking for.
Thanks guys,
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:13 PM
near Chicago
Joined Apr 2008
276 Posts
I just found out you can sim a throttle hold for planks using the Throttle Cut function & picking Mix 1 (0%) so it acts just like on the heli mode.

Thanks Greg from AMA

Chuck
clp.eng is offline Find More Posts by clp.eng
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,193 Posts
Don't use zero percent. Use 29%, if you use 0% it still works but if you look at the servo monitor the throttle channel will be moving past low throttle. In some case when you are using an esc that learns low throttle on power up and if you have the throttle cut active the esc will learn the lower position and when you toggle off the throttle cut the motor will start spinning.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:56 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,891 Posts
Hi fellow DX7s users,

I did a quick search and didn't find much on this subject, but I was wondering if anyone has changed the stock gimbal stick ends with better/sharper 24mm sticks?

If so, where did you find them?

Thanks,

-Buzzed

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Jun 10, 2012, 06:59 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,193 Posts
If there the same as the DX8 then they used the same size as Futaba.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:11 PM
near Chicago
Joined Apr 2008
276 Posts
Thanks, freechip. I'll check that out!

Chuck
clp.eng is offline Find More Posts by clp.eng
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
Omi
Hungary
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
OrangeRX R710 7Ch DSM2 range test (2 min 14 sec)

This is my case with OrangeRX 7Ch. I have 2 of them and the range was perfectly the same. With original Spektrum AR8000 the distance was about 50 meters. Can anyone post your own range test with the same Rx? Other words, should I start to worry now?
Omi is offline Find More Posts by Omi
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:10 PM
Team Thrasher
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2011
177 Posts
Omi,
The orange rx's are best used in EPP foamies or park fliers because of the low range once you get into bigger models you would need to start looking at the ar8000 and picking up some satelite antenas that plug into the rx to give it great range! Any other questions feel free to message me!

Erik
3derik is offline Find More Posts by 3derik
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi View Post
This is my case with OrangeRX 7Ch. I have 2 of them and the range was perfectly the same. With original Spektrum AR8000 the distance was about 50 meters. Can anyone post your own range test with the same Rx? Other words, should I start to worry now?
Im not real clear what the question is.Are you saying you are using a DX7s in RangeTest mode? And the AR8000 is 50 meters? The Orange are both perfectly the same?

Im thinking you dont clearly understand the point of a "range test" with our 2.4 systems.It isnt so much about absolute range and it is about a reliable connection at the recommended distance with the model in "all orientations".
I prefer to call it a "low power reliability check".
In low power mode at 30 paces(meters) you should have a reliable connection in all orientations.If you do then you should be fine with full power out to maximum range.
There are alot of factors besides range alone that can compromise the reliability of the connection.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,193 Posts
50m is well above the recommended 30m so you don't have to worry about it.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Hi fellow DX7s users,

I did a quick search and didn't find much on this subject, but I was wondering if anyone has changed the stock gimbal stick ends with better/sharper 24mm sticks?

If so, where did you find them?

Thanks,

-Buzzed

www.espritmodel.com
I found mine on ebay.

Like freechip said they arent the same as the ones listed for JR(4mm)
They are the same as the ones listed for Futaba(3mm)
The DX8 and DX7s have the same size gimbal threads.
Last edited by aerocal; Jun 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
50m is well above the recommended 30m so you don't have to worry about it.
As long as you can put the model in all orientations relative to the Tx at 30meter you should be good to go out to the recommended range of the Rx.

It also a good idea to get the model up off the ground about 1 meter to avoid "ground clutter" that may skew your results.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 04:59 AM
Omi
Hungary
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306vGYHsU7w

My problem is not a 50m. with AR8000 but a 12m. with OrangeRX. Today had some more tests on one of Orange and I found a clue! Faulty antenna! I saw a slight damage next to plastic house, I twisted it a little and hurray! 35m. Will do some check later on the other Orange. No visible damage on other one.
Omi is offline Find More Posts by Omi
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
My problem is not a 50m. with AR8000 but a 12m. with OrangeRX. Today had some more tests on one of Orange and I found a clue! Faulty antenna! I saw a slight damage next to plastic house, I twisted it a little and hurray! 35m. Will do some check later on the other Orange. No visible damage on other one.
I have pretty decent range using my orange 6 channel receiver in range test mode. It is better than my original DSM ar6000. The AR6000 has two antennas and as a result typically does better in range testing than the light ar6100's that the orange 6 channels are comparable to.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:43 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,529 Posts
I should probby do actual range testing on my OrangeRX R610s, of which I have over two dozen in service. It's just that I've never had a dropout of any kind, under any circumstances, at any range, with an OrangeRX. I did have an original Spektrum AR6110 drop out on me once, but the plane was high enough that I had time to run towards it and get control back. Odd. And that Rx never gave me grief again, either.

<sigh> I hate radios.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek