HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2010, 05:25 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Is there a way to reverse the axis gyro movement, or I will have to change the motor polarity in both servo?
No, and reversing motor polarity wont help either. Servos are controlled devices and will still attempt to reach the commanded position regardless of motor polarity, they will likely fail however as they think the motor is turning the opposite direction. AFAIK the only control on these RXs is pitch reverse, is that the servo you are having trouble with?
desertstalker is online now Find More Posts by desertstalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2010, 05:30 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Did you know why you hit the wall on lift-off? I just finished to install those DS470 servo today and I had to reverse the servo rotation in the TX, then after the set-up completed, I go to a test fly outside, I lift-off, hover for 4 - 5 second (not too high to feel the new servo reaction) then the heli suddenly bank left for no reason and crashed......

After a long inspection and some test I found the problem, the servo input is well reversed in the TX and all work very fine exept that the axis gyro in the receiver are not reversed and still make their correction in the wrong direction.

Is there a way to reverse the axis gyro movement, or I will have to change the motor polarity in both servo?
Have you try to diminish balance pot near minimum? ele & ail near center? eems that digital servos are too fast for RX to control.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:24 PM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
desertstalker:, I know, I mean motor polarity with no further detail, in fact there is also the ''position sensor'' wich have to be reversed, 2 of 3 wires........

Alwayscrash: yes I turn the pot all the way down but the problem is not there, like I said this is the gyro making the correction on the wrong direction since those servo work in the opposite direction than the factory servo.

Power up your heli, turn the gyro gain at the maximum and put your finger on the servo arm then shake the heli in any direction, you will clearly see that the servo move in the same direction you move the heli, wich is the wrong way.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:05 AM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
Well, I found an easy solution, I simply rotate by 180 the receiver, like this the gyro make their correction in the other direction, but since the new servo are reversed, all works like it should to the right direction and now she fly as well as with the original servo.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Nov 29, 2010, 02:26 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
I have noticed with the stock motor there is no increase above 80% throttle. Is this limted by the receiver? Or is it the motor or ESC?
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:45 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Well, I found an easy solution, I simply rotate by 180 the receiver, like this the gyro make their correction in the other direction, but since the new servo are reversed, all works like it should to the right direction and now she fly as well as with the original servo.
The simplest solution is always the best
desertstalker is online now Find More Posts by desertstalker
Old Dec 01, 2010, 04:35 PM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
4F200 Review & Flight

Hey all. I just got the 4F200 yesterday. So far it is impressing me. It has been windy here(20mph wind), so I have only done a couple easy flights. So far it is stable and smooth! Check out my review/maiden flight video!

Walkera 4F200 Customer REVIEW & Maiden Flight! (5 min 47 sec)
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:33 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling1984 View Post
Hey all. I just got the 4F200 yesterday. So far it is impressing me. It has been windy here(20mph wind), so I have only done a couple easy flights. So far it is stable and smooth! Check out my review/maiden flight video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jro9y71LmIQ
Happy birthday & happy flight!
AC
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:36 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Nice job! Welcome to the 4F200 club!

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:39 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Yeah nice one Earthling, Happy Birthday.

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:24 AM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Thanks!

Today there is no wind at all it feels like. I went out for one flight this morning, and the 4f200 flew great! I feel like it doesn't respond as fast/far as my other helicopters( I am used to the 4G6 which I have setup very fast for 3D flight ).

I do have the longer servo arms, has anyone used these? I think for now I'll just turn up the 'extent' a bit, but later when I want to 3D maybe add the arms.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 08:59 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Longer servo arm is a must for no binding on max travel and also for 3D flight .
AC
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:06 AM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
Longer servo arm is a must for no binding on max travel and also for 3D flight .
AC
ok thanks! I'll change the servo arms soon then. I should practice normal flight with the longer arms first for a while to get used to the faster movement... Although now it is pretty tame for me, I am used to faster/more responsive stick inputs.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:07 AM
Joined Sep 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
AC

and do you think the stock motor is strong enough for 3D? I find it boggs down a bit at full pitch, but tail holds and it has pretty good lift speed.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 12:23 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Quote:
and do you think the stock motor is strong enough for 3D? I find it boggs down a bit at full pitch, but tail holds and it has pretty good lift speed.
Yes, stock motor is strong enough but has a lot of heat, considered to replace stock Esc'S with a stronger one(30~40A) will solve the problem.Also, i found stock lipo is lack of "C" rate for 3D flight.
AC