HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2013, 03:32 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poochy View Post
thanks TopDave. We had a blast yesterday. Will you be in town Sunday 9/22?
Hey Poochy, Yes, I think I can be in the area on Sunday, 9/22! Just fill me in on all the details of where and when and anything like special rules like motor or tires and such. I think the SB5 has a 10.5 motor in it now, but let me know what you guys are running for motors if the 10.5 is wrong. I've been wanting for a long time for a chance to road race this bike!! Thanks, Dave
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2013, 08:46 PM
Has an RC Problem
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Mar 2010
293 Posts
I did run my bike today actually. My MM 450 was waiting on the porch when I got home, the e gyro is astonishing, it's like cheating!
WNCmotard is offline Find More Posts by WNCmotard
Old Sep 10, 2013, 02:33 AM
Joined Sep 2010
435 Posts
Take it out then! lol
Gecko Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Gecko Hunter
Old Sep 10, 2013, 08:48 AM
Alexandria, VA (Washington DC)
Joined Jan 2007
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Hey Poochy, Yes, I think I can be in the area on Sunday, 9/22! Just fill me in on all the details of where and when and anything like special rules like motor or tires and such. I think the SB5 has a 10.5 motor in it now, but let me know what you guys are running for motors if the 10.5 is wrong. I've been wanting for a long time for a chance to road race this bike!! Thanks, Dave
TopDave, I also run a 10.5, no boost/turbo, and use stock gearing..i won the race on sunday so a 10.5 should be fine. we have a gentleman's agreement to only run pmt 200 (slick or tread). i gave the guys a heads up that you are thinking about racing with us on 9/22...there will also be a smaller group racing this sunday too

the track sets up around 930am-1030am, first heat is between 11am and noon.
$10 for one class, additional classes are $5 each. for power, we hook up our chargers to our real car batteries, some have generators or other power sources, we bring our own table/chairs/tents etc..

i modify the car onroad track layout barriers (road rails/no walls) when the bikes are up to race, i try to make a really easy and free flowing layout without having to do an oval.
sometimes we run a 10 minute main (somedays its a 2 heats and a main, others its 3 heats and a main-depends on how many people show up)

(The track is on the driver's ed asphalt (clean/smooth)-between the football field and soccer field)

Osbourn High School (NOT Osbourn Park High)
9005 Tudor Ln Manassas, VA 20110

for restrooms, you can drive to the nearby fast food places-i use my paper coffee cup in my car.

normally, there's a grill cooking burgers, dogs etc...

hope you can make it out
poochy is offline Find More Posts by poochy
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:12 AM
Has an RC Problem
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Mar 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Hunter View Post
Take it out then! lol
No, and you can't make me
WNCmotard is offline Find More Posts by WNCmotard
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:51 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:
TopDave, I also run a 10.5, no boost/turbo, and use stock gearing..i won the race on sunday so a 10.5 should be fine. we have a gentleman's agreement to only run pmt 200 (slick or tread). i gave the guys a heads up that you are thinking about racing with us on 9/22...there will also be a smaller group racing this sunday too

the track sets up around 930am-1030am, first heat is between 11am and noon.
$10 for one class, additional classes are $5 each. for power, we hook up our chargers to our real car batteries, some have generators or other power sources, we bring our own table/chairs/tents etc..

i modify the car onroad track layout barriers (road rails/no walls) when the bikes are up to race, i try to make a really easy and free flowing layout without having to do an oval.
sometimes we run a 10 minute main (somedays its a 2 heats and a main, others its 3 heats and a main-depends on how many people show up)

(The track is on the driver's ed asphalt (clean/smooth)-between the football field and soccer field)

Osbourn High School (NOT Osbourn Park High)
9005 Tudor Ln Manassas, VA 20110

for restrooms, you can drive to the nearby fast food places-i use my paper coffee cup in my car.

normally, there's a grill cooking burgers, dogs etc...

hope you can make it out
Hey Poochy, Right now every thing looks like I can make the 9/22 race! I'm all set for tires and motors, ect. it sounds like. What lap counting system do you guys run? I have the older AMB transponders in my cars/trucks right now so I hope I 'm good there too. Wish I could be there this week too! Oh yeah, make sure the rain man stays away!! Looking forward to meeting all you guys!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 06:09 AM
Joined Jan 2007
359 Posts
Quote:
Hey Poochy, Right now every thing looks like I can make the 9/22 race! I'm all set for tires and motors, ect. it sounds like. What lap counting system do you guys run? I have the older AMB transponders in my cars/trucks right now so I hope I 'm good there too. Wish I could be there this week too! Oh yeah, make sure the rain man stays away!! Looking forward to meeting all you guys!
amb should work, i use a 6 year old amb. see you on 9/22!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:43 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
We had a great bike meet i Sweden 7-8 september

We had a lovely weekend with our bikes at Skönna ring, Örkeljunga , south Sweden. It was great weather all weekend and we had more bikes in the same place than we have had in a long time.
I especially want to thank Raymond Oskarsson, who arranged the meeting instead of going with Joel Oskarsson to the Large Scale GP in Holland the same weekend.
The hospitality of SMK Örkeljunga is limitless, as shown by the participants coming from places as diverse as Stockholm, Lidköping, Gothenburg, Denmark -and the sky (!). It was Marcus who came by in his little gray flying machine. He did not land at the track unfortunately, as the straight can’t accommodate his jet fighter Saab 39 Gripen but it is well forgiven him. He would have stolen all the attention from the bikes. We had to settle for a low flyby but it was awesome! I was slow to get the camera up, hence the distant foto.
We received the distinguished visit of three bikes that had been recently in Austria at the World Championship. It was the much talked about Jabber, the Italian RG 3 and the Danish SJ bike. The Jabber and RG 3 were the same bikes Fredrik von Elling raced, yellow paint with sponsor name Husvagn Svensson on the cowl (reference in the pics). The SJ bike was represented by the designer himself, Soren Jacobsen and is recognizable by the dayglow yellow paint all over. It became obvious that the World Championship bikes and drivers had saved some of the World Championship speed to this lesser venue and they showed us mere mortals how speed is tamed. There was no doubt, who would set the new lap record for this track, they were really much faster than us.
They inspired us to run faster than ever and it gave improvement all over, thanks for the lesson guys!
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:06 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Haha! I just looked through my pics and realized that the compression of the pics necessary for this forum made the jet fighters about 5 pixels wide.... Sorry about that, don't bother clicking the blue one.
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joined Jan 2007
359 Posts
today's rc bike sb5 run

Thunder Tiger SB5 Pro vs. SB5 Pro at RCRNV (6 min 20 sec)
Old Sep 15, 2013, 07:20 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Nice run today poochy. Everythings still a go from my end for 9/22's race. I got the bike out and ran a battery pack thru it just to make sure all the electrics still work. I did find the tail frame broken but I cobbled it back together and ordered a new part that should get here by Tuesday. I'm sure it will run fine. I just have to mount the transponder and it'll be ready.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined Jan 2007
359 Posts
Quote:
Nice run today poochy. Everythings still a go from my end for 9/22's race. I got the bike out and ran a battery pack thru it just to make sure all the electrics still work. I did find the tail frame broken but I cobbled it back together and ordered a new part that should get here by Tuesday. I'm sure it will run fine. I just have to mount the transponder and it'll be ready.
sounds good, see you sunday!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 09:08 AM
Joined Jan 2007
359 Posts
Quote:
TopDave, with you, we have 6 Sb5 Pros confirmed. We may have 7, but 6 is confirmed right now.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:25 AM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,430 Posts
Quote:
TopDave, with you, we have 6 Sb5 Pros confirmed. We may have 7, but 6 is confirmed right now.
MAN, I wish I could be there!
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Sep 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Great!! See you all Sunday!