Old Feb 01, 2016, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by c131frdave
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Discussion
Tracking a subject

I attended a UAS conference last year and they showed a VERY expensive camera system that could be connected to an octo or heavy lifter that was very cool. The camera had its own controller, with screen, and you could "lock" onto a subject below and it would track it no matter what- if the aircraft moved around it, the camera would stay pointing at it, if the subject moved, the camera would stay centered on it.

Is there a "prosumer" version of this?
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2016, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by fmkit
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,959 Posts
do you mean "follow me" ? sometimes I ask people to carry GPS tag that make fiilming very easy, or simply mark POI in flight

2 days old footage :

Maayan climbing Gita Cliffs גיתה טיפוס צוקים בישראל (1 min 4 sec)
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
Old Feb 02, 2016, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
14,052 Posts
If we reverse the OP situation and make the aircraft the subject - then SOLOSHOT has the answer.

I'm just waiting delivery of the SOLOSHOT 3 ....

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Feb 06, 2016, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by c131frdave
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Thanks for the responses.

No, what I'm talking about is pretty much like a modified function my phone has- face lock. It somehow automatically figures out your subject's face, puts a box around it, and keeps the face in focus no matter where he/she goes.

Something like that- you lock in on a subject, and a the camera automatically centers in on the subject no matter where the aircraft is flying. If you have a 3 axis gimbal, you could fly all over the place and not worry about keeping the camera on your subject.
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave