Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Ln, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
5,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Koch View Post
Hi Blitzu!
We have done nothing on the fuse-plug yet! We are at the moment working on our own fully molded big sport jet project (2,3 m length and 2,1 m span) with cnc-cut wing and stab plugs and some other projects (mostly speedprops), so time is limited. But hopefully in a few months i have more time for model building and then we will finish the v-tail fuse for our big Typhoon turbine speeder !

Ciao, Marcus
V-tail not needed for turbine, a large hatch to fit the tank though,

Any pics of the sportsjet? Did you go for F3S profiles rather then the standard ones?
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 06:52 AM
Find More Posts by M. Koch
300 mph club ;-)
Regensburg, Germany
Joined Apr 2003
548 Posts
Hi Henke!
We think about the stab, if we need a v-tail or a cross-Tail will also work like on the monster! We habe both options! The worst case seems to be the T-tail on our big Typhoon as for the heat of the turbine!
For the sportsjet! It should be a constant speed aerobatic sport jet and not a speedjet, so we will use a modified MH 30 for it. Im working on the fuse plug at the moment and when we have the first plugs ready i will post some pictues in a new thread in the jet section! We have ordered all the block material for the jet and our other project and hope we get them soon to prepare everything for CNC-cutting!
But at the moment im doing the design for our new Typhoon XL with 3,5 m span with two different fuses. One as real of-class speeder with a small fuse specially designed for 16S 5000, a Powercroco 5040 and a YGE 160/200/320 UHV and with a second bigger aerobatic fuse (something in the range of a Stingray/Lolloray) for hardcore hill soaring, also possible for electrification with a front motor or a folding impeller, or in our cases for hardcore flying with a big turbine on top! This plane will get a speed profile like our other Typhoons !
The Typhoon XL and the Sportjet will get CNC-cut wing and stab molds and the fuse plugs will be made from glass covered foam and then also molded! Every wing and stab out of the molds of course in IMS SpreadTow with great in mold painting!

So be continued !
Ciao, Marcus
M. Koch is offline Find More Posts by M. Koch
Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
2,056 Posts
YEEEEEEHAAAAA.....some new stuff! It's been same ole same ole on this forum for quite some time....Please give us some pics to drool over!

I have been so bored I am scratch building a twin pulse jet plane....speed won't be crazy fast BUT the noise will be fantastic
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by blitzu
The Prop is Where its At!
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
1,027 Posts
Nice1 Marcus! Can't wait to see ur turbine set-up!

Always good to keep an eye on the fastest elec man-worldwide

Your 'twin' pulse jet sounds interesting too Skip-something outside the square
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by ehelibuff
ehelibuff
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2014
547 Posts
I love pulse jets! Old school fun!
ehelibuff is offline Find More Posts by ehelibuff
Old Sep 28, 2015, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by mcfast
Canada, QC
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
How makes the Typhoon XS ?
mcfast is offline Find More Posts by mcfast
Old Sep 29, 2015, 04:13 AM
Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticflyer View Post
YEEEEEEHAAAAA.....some new stuff! It's been same ole same ole on this forum for quite some time....Please give us some pics to drool over!

I have been so bored I am scratch building a twin pulse jet plane....speed won't be crazy fast BUT the noise will be fantastic
Please tell me where to find details of the DOUBLE WHAMMY.

Thank you and regards,
Jaguar 20040 is online now Find More Posts by Jaguar 20040
Old Sep 29, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by ptxman
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
2,020 Posts
Quote:
Im working on the fuse plug at the moment and when we have the first plugs ready i will post some pictues in a new thread in the jet section!
Please drop us a note here or in the Composites section so we can follow along & don't miss it. (I don't visit the kerosene forum much ). Always interested in your plugs, molds & composite techniques!
ptxman is offline Find More Posts by ptxman
Old Sep 29, 2015, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
2,056 Posts
Here is the page for the Double Whammy: http://www.btemodels.com/doublewhammy.html

I have a complete model cut out from the plans...spent a good bit of time last winter getting it all cut out...just haven't assembled it.
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old Jan 02, 2016, 11:49 AM
300 mph club ;-)
Regensburg, Germany
Joined Apr 2003
548 Posts
Hi speedguys!
After 2015 has finished, its time for a little review about the success of the Typhoons this year!
As i was really busy in work this year in my different jobs, time for model building was really rare, so we had nearly no time to finish a lot of new planes for us or customers!
We used a new building technique for our new Typhoons and XS which gave us much more stiffer wings with no weight gain! The only thing went up was the price for material with about 120,- Euro additionally per plane !
But in formula 1 you cant care for the money !
We pulled my new Typhoon XS out of the molds one day before the german championship, so i had no time to finish it in time for the championship! The new technique is great and gave us extrmely stiff and pressure resistant wings and stab! Stefans Typhoon in a new tribal-design was pulled out of the molds 6 days before the championship so he had at least the time to finish installation of motor and electronics but had no time for the maiden!
I had to use my Typhoon from last year with a new 14S setup and also had no time for a maiden flight with the new setup!
I also had to finish a Typhoon for a customer ready to fly with all servos and linkages installed, who wanted to get his plane at the german championship on saturday!
So we drove to the championship on friday late morning and arrived late in the afternoon in Ballenstedt! Weather was not really good and it started to rain so no flights on friday anymore!
I worked the whole evening on the customer plane and Stefan worked on soldering the batteries for my plane, to have two sets of batteries ready for saturday!
Saturday morning we went to the flying field and weather was not very constant! Cold, windy and sometimes rain! I worked on the customer plane to finish it and some other things for other pilots and in the late afternoon everything was finished and i had time to work on Stefans and my plane!
Stefan did the maiden at about 4 PM with a small prop to check if everything works! He got a 448 km/h avarage on the first flight, so everything went perfect ! Time to mount a real man prop (12x29)
At 5 PM i had the first flight with the new setup and also everything went perfect and i got 473 km/h avarage with a estimated prop/motor/battery-combination! This gave me place one on saturday and Stefan was about the 5th place!
So time to speed up on sunday!
Flight time was only about till 1 PM on sunday, so we had to do some flights direct in the morning!
Stefan used the higher pitched prop and got 472,18 km/h avarage on his second flight with the Typhoon and was placed at rank 2 now right behind me !
I got a very good second flight and managed to break again the magical 500 km/h barrier from one side and finished with 483,77 km/h avarage and rank 1 !
Christian Erdt also got a one side flyby with 489 km/h and ended with 461,77 km/h avarage on 3rd place!
Stefan tried a third flight and put everything on one card, was extreme fast but unfortunately ended with a melted motor before he got a measuring from both sides! At the landing he cracked the fuse so the german championship ended for him! The complete copper in the motor was melted and copper drops were all over the motor! Time for new strands !
I decided also to finish without a third flight and at the end we got place 1 and 2 with the maiden flights at the german championship with only 2 or 3 flights each!
The young talented pilot Stanley Spichtinger got my Typhoon XXS B-model only about two weeks before the german championship, after he crashed my former Chimera at a speedmeeting!
He managed to get faster and faster from flight to flight and ended up with 441,07 km/h avarage and 8th place on his first German championship! Next year he will get a Typhoon XS wing and i think he will go up in speed !
Lets get continued !
Last edited by M. Koch; Jan 02, 2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2016, 12:11 PM
300 mph club ;-)
Regensburg, Germany
Joined Apr 2003
548 Posts
Stanley Spichtinger and his dad from "Speed Team Saxony" with the Typhoon XXS on their back !
Our car slightly packed with 7 planes and all the stuff on the way to the german championship and me doing some customer stuff at the german championship!
Last edited by M. Koch; Jan 02, 2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2016, 12:17 PM
300 mph club ;-)
Regensburg, Germany
Joined Apr 2003
548 Posts
In the trunk of the car you can see the clamped prop molds! I did all the props we needed one day before the german championship, so we demolded, cut and sanded them directly at the german championship fresh from the molds !

A group picture of all speed addicted pilots at the german championship, the models and the first three!
Last edited by M. Koch; Jan 02, 2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2016, 12:36 PM
300 mph club ;-)
Regensburg, Germany
Joined Apr 2003
548 Posts
At the moment we are building our new planes for this years season! Earlier than ever before ! The only problem is that the special fabric we need for the new building technique got stuck at the customs !
I will finish my new Typhoon the next two weeks, Stefans XS is also in the mold and is waiting for the new fabric and on monday my new Typhoon XS will get in the mold too!
We will try new setups for the XS with 12-13S and 14-15S in the Typhoon within the FAI-rules with new motors, new props and hopefully new stronger batteries !
We also build the Typhoon Ultra for a colleaugue and us for the Guiness world record attempts, if they will take place this year!
Typhoon fuse, Typhoon XXS wing and stab in heavy duty layup, 16S 5000, YGE 320 HV and a biiiiiiiig Powercroco motor and big props ! No FAI-limits, just pure power and speed !
Get your crash helmets on and build some bunkers ! Its getting fast this year !

Ciao, Marcus
Last edited by M. Koch; Jan 02, 2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2016, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by blitzu
The Prop is Where its At!
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Typhoon fuse, Typhoon XXS wing and stab in heavy duty layup, 16S 5000, YGE 320 HV and a biiiiiiiig Powercroco motor and big props ! No FAI-limits, just pure power and speed !
Get your crash helmets on and build some bunkers ! Its getting fast this year !

Ciao, Marcus
Awesum Marcus!!! Can't wait to see yours and Stefan's results!!!

Really appreciated for keeping 'us' all updated with the flying in Germany!
blitzu is offline Find More Posts by blitzu