New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2016, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by hate2crash
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
Screamer brought back to life

I crashed screamer and I decided to try to repair it... it now flys perfect again..has a new look ...ps this happened a fee weeks ago,but just figured out how to post pictures from my phone gallery.
hate2crash is online now Find More Posts by hate2crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2016, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by c300
Bahjeez? I don have to show.
Joined Dec 2014
1,956 Posts
Nice!
c300 is online now Find More Posts by c300
Old Jan 21, 2016, 04:58 PM
nom
Find More Posts by nom
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
2,603 Posts
Nice repair job!
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
Old Jan 21, 2016, 05:32 PM
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
And that wasn't the first crash either:-)
Old Jan 22, 2016, 09:20 AM
Find More Posts by gooniac33
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
6,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
I crashed screamer and I decided to try to repair it... it now flys perfect again..has a new look ...ps this happened a fee weeks ago,but just figured out how to post pictures from my phone gallery.
My screamer had issues this week as well... I will be changing out its ESC this weekend... And man do I wish I still had the T-45!!! I need to get a new one!!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jan 22, 2016, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by KCinNC
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
4,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
yeah nice fix...gotta keep the Screamer flyin' !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
3,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
... I will be changing out its ESC this weekend...
What esc are you going to put in? I have a basic 30 amp that I was considering for one of mine.

I see HK has a 40 am yep for only $14. I also have the programming card for those, so kind of like them.
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Jan 26, 2016, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by gooniac33
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
6,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
What esc are you going to put in? I have a basic 30 amp that I was considering for one of mine.

I see HK has a 40 am yep for only $14. I also have the programming card for those, so kind of like them.
I am using the Hobby King SS in it next. I was flying on a really wet field and the esc got wet and fried.... It was a Dynam 40amp that was working great until then....
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Jan 28, 2016, 09:02 PM
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
I have several hobbywing sky walkers...they are very decent...easy to program using card...also I think bang good sells 4s 40 amp for $12 shipped.. I paid 16 plus shipping ..never had one fail
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by etopsflight
Hong Kong
Joined May 2010
180 Posts
After flying my A-6 for the past year and recently a Viper Jet, time to take a plunge and maiden the next of my 50mm EDF's.

Was going to build the Mig-15 as it seemed the natural progression from the A-6 but after looking at that ridiculously small battery compartment; still planning how to fit everything in there, opted to build the F-16 instead.

I had tinkered with the F-16 before and the servos were glued in and the fuselage sanded down to take a Dr MadThrust unit. I used hot glue to build her up instead of my usual epoxy, way quicker and less brittle joints.

Intended to use a Trunigy Nano Tech 3S 850 mAh 25-40c combined with Skywalker 20Amp ESC and Orangerx R410. Battery will not slide all the way forward in the fuse and after gluing 10g of weight to the fwd bulkhead, she balanced right on the manual GG, 60mm back from wing leading edge root.

I had heard a lot of good and bad about the Dr MadThrust unit and was wondering just before launch whether a Changesun or XRP would have been better. No more stalling, time to fire her up and let her rip!

Full throttle and gave her the firm quarterback toss and off she went, a bit of decay on the climb before she gathered height. A tad rocky but once up to speed and with altitude throttled back she felt stable and controllable. Had expo dialled in at 50% and throws reduced to what thought would fly well.

An amazing flier and fast but requiring a lot of up elevator to keep her level. EDF and motor producing more than sufficient power but nothing compared to a 4S 50 mm F-22 and 4S 64mm Stinger flying next to me. Looks amazing in the air, passes are nice, lovely sleek and efficient shape.

Fan was quite noisy at full throttle, something I expected. I don't have the patience to dynamically balance these fans before flight. Was in the air 3:30 before coming in and landing was non eventful apart from lots of elevator required. She flies nice fast and slow.

During the next few flights noticed the fan getting noisier. Noticed she had a tendency to roll right but was easily corrected. Was not until the fifth flight on take-off did she not take to the air. Luckily after falling to the ground with reduced power, no damage but found the EDF has come loose and was askew causing the roll.

As I prepared to make repairs, the sky opened up and ended the days flying. After getting home, hot glued the unit back in and then glued the cover on as well as the normal hardware. A bead of hot glue down each side to secure the hatch and stiffen up the structure.

Working the next few days but weather forecast is for rain for the next week or so. Overall a great experience with this F-16 which I had expected to bring home in multiple pieces after the maiden flight. Pleasantly surprised how good I got on today and looking for blue skies before my next flight.

Now to get that Mig-15 built during these rainy days........
etopsflight is offline Find More Posts by etopsflight
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by abjets
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
2,408 Posts
Nice job! It is a great bird when all is trimmed out! I know some have had great success with the hot glue...personally I am not a fan of the stuff as it tends to not adhere as well to the foam in the critical areas (flight surfaces, etc.) Agreed that epoxy is a bit too brittle as well. I REALLY like Foam-Tac for a STRONG flexible bond that is almost permanent, then I use silicone for any bits that I may want to remove at some point for servicing...motor hatch, motor, etc.)
Hope the skies clear for you soon and you get some more airtime on that F-16!!
Cheers!
abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by FireHawx
FireHawx
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Oct 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etopsflight View Post
After flying my A-6 for the past year and recently a Viper Jet, time to take a plunge and maiden the next of my 50mm EDF's.

Was going to build the Mig-15 as it seemed the natural progression from the A-6 but after looking at that ridiculously small battery compartment; still planning how to fit everything in there, opted to build the F-16 instead.

I had tinkered with the F-16 before and the servos were glued in and the fuselage sanded down to take a Dr MadThrust unit. I used hot glue to build her up instead of my usual epoxy, way quicker and less brittle joints.

Intended to use a Trunigy Nano Tech 3S 850 mAh 25-40c combined with Skywalker 20Amp ESC and Orangerx R410. Battery will not slide all the way forward in the fuse and after gluing 10g of weight to the fwd bulkhead, she balanced right on the manual GG, 60mm back from wing leading edge root.

I had heard a lot of good and bad about the Dr MadThrust unit and was wondering just before launch whether a Changesun or XRP would have been better. No more stalling, time to fire her up and let her rip!

Full throttle and gave her the firm quarterback toss and off she went, a bit of decay on the climb before she gathered height. A tad rocky but once up to speed and with altitude throttled back she felt stable and controllable. Had expo dialled in at 50% and throws reduced to what thought would fly well.

An amazing flier and fast but requiring a lot of up elevator to keep her level. EDF and motor producing more than sufficient power but nothing compared to a 4S 50 mm F-22 and 4S 64mm Stinger flying next to me. Looks amazing in the air, passes are nice, lovely sleek and efficient shape.

Fan was quite noisy at full throttle, something I expected. I don't have the patience to dynamically balance these fans before flight. Was in the air 3:30 before coming in and landing was non eventful apart from lots of elevator required. She flies nice fast and slow.

During the next few flights noticed the fan getting noisier. Noticed she had a tendency to roll right but was easily corrected. Was not until the fifth flight on take-off did she not take to the air. Luckily after falling to the ground with reduced power, no damage but found the EDF has come loose and was askew causing the roll.

As I prepared to make repairs, the sky opened up and ended the days flying. After getting home, hot glued the unit back in and then glued the cover on as well as the normal hardware. A bead of hot glue down each side to secure the hatch and stiffen up the structure.

Working the next few days but weather forecast is for rain for the next week or so. Overall a great experience with this F-16 which I had expected to bring home in multiple pieces after the maiden flight. Pleasantly surprised how good I got on today and looking for blue skies before my next flight.

Now to get that Mig-15 built during these rainy days........
Good report! MIG is a great flyer, I run 4S 1300 45c packs and an XRP edf. I mount my packs vertically partially in the intakes. Have some pic somewhere in the thread.
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
2,003 Posts
I love the performance of these 50mm xrp fans
I decided to scratch build a twin 50 mm jet using them.

build tread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596229
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Feb 19, 2016, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by Bobaroo
United States, IN, Newburgh
Joined Dec 2007
182 Posts
Very Nice Work Pulsery I like it !!!

My SA A-4F is coming along nicely. Same XRP 50mm EDF in here. Ailerons, Splitter Plates, Hook and other interesting mods. Much heavier than stock now on this one ...But that is the penalty for all of the details which to me "Define" the A-4F. Retracts, LE Slats and a few other minor things to work through and it will be ready for flight. Enjoy
Bobaroo is offline Find More Posts by Bobaroo
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by abjets
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
United States, NC, Oak Island
Joined Jan 2013
2,408 Posts
Taking it to a whole new level Bobaroo...very nice work yourself! Love the details!
I would be afraid to fly it, but it looks like it deserves to be airborne :-) Looking forward to how you mastermind the LE Slats!
abjets is offline Find More Posts by abjets