SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2014, 06:01 PM
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Feb 2012
78 Posts
Discussion
Need a Power Supply for Hyperion EOS 0615i DUO3 charger

I've been looking on the forums for an hour or so and am getting more confused than I was before. for the most part i charge smaller 3s batteries and a regular 12v supply will do just fine but if i can find it for a reasonable price I'd love to be able to use my charger to it's maximum potential especially if I end up with some bigger models down the road. My largest battery is currently a 6s 4500 mah taht i use in an EDF. I'd love to stay very close to or under 100 dollars. My LHS sells a Prime 30A 12-18v 540 watt power supply for 109.99. Thats looking like a decent choice, but I'd definitely like your input and suggestions before I buy the thing.
hermanmango is offline Find More Posts by hermanmango
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2014, 06:51 PM
American fork, Utah
Joined Nov 2008
93 Posts
hermanmango,

I have been going down this same path as you and would be very happy to offer some advice. I have purchased several power supplies recently and can offer some advice on who NOT to buy from and who to definitely buy from, from a quality and customer service and price point of view.

I am using both the Hyperion EOS0610 duo charger and 2 Cellpro 10xp's. I am charging everything from 2S 300mah packs to 6S 4000 mah packs.

Definitely buy a 24volt 1100+watt power supply if you want to be able to handle pretty much any batteries that you can throw at it and since your Hyperion will operate on a 24 volt supply.

I have had both a negative and a VERY positive buying experience, just in this last week, with two different sellers who offer power supplies. I would be happy to fill you in on the negative experience if you would like but the bottom line is that while the guy sells a good product his after the sale service when an issue with the product occurs left a lot to be desired.

But rather than blasting the guy here on this post, even though this individual markets his power supplies here on RC groups very heavily, I would rather give you a 5 star recommendation to purchase your power supply from this guy. http://www.ebay.com/usr/strickproducts

A quality product that actually works as described and if you have any problems a seller who views the customers satisfaction as a very high priority. I don't have any affiliation with them I am just a completely satisfied customer of his.

I just bought one of these, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Supply...item3396c8a408
and couldn't be more satisfied with the entire process.

Buy the way, I can run all three of my chargers, charging 6-5S 5000mah lipo's at 1C at the same time with that power supply and it doesn't break a sweat. And the Cellpro 10xp's will shut down if the power isn't adequate for the job.

If you want an awesome power supply at a great price, whether you go for a high wattage 12 volt or a 24 volt setup, and if customer service, before, during and after the sale, is important to you then buy from Steve at Strickproducts and you won't be dissapointed.

What ever you decide get something bigger than a 30amp supply. Go, at least, with something 50ish amps or more.

Ken
Trikken is offline Find More Posts by Trikken
Last edited by Trikken; Oct 17, 2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Hit the return key before post was finished.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 07:55 PM
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Feb 2012
78 Posts
thanks for the input, I had seen those on ebay before but didn't know anything about them. Considering the 24v from that guy costs less than the 18v I was looking at I'll probably go with that one.
Old Nov 07, 2014, 02:30 PM
Joined Sep 2014
29 Posts
Sorry for hijacking the thread but does anyone know where I could get similar power supplies in UK?

Cheers
czajunia is offline Find More Posts by czajunia
Old Nov 08, 2014, 08:39 PM
United States, UT, Logan
Joined Feb 2012
78 Posts
the guys that sell these are really easy to work with, it might be worth trying to contact them and see if they'll ship it, they aren't all that big.
Old Nov 08, 2014, 09:13 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2014
1,082 Posts
Surplus server power supplies are available globally and nothing touches the bang for the buck. Top quality high current power supplies available for pennies on the dollar. Most need little more than attaching wires to the output pins and jumpering a few small pins to turn it on. I added a finger guard on the fan and some rubber feet on mine.
James_S is offline Find More Posts by James_S