HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2014, 08:28 PM
Zeus
Joined Jul 2006
139 Posts
powered Windlord

"bennetbr"

I enjoyed the video on your thread and the touch and go on the landing

I do not use engines in my gliders, but my father always stuck an engine in the nose of his. Down thrust was needed to keep the nose from pitching up too high under launch power.
jdveirin is offline Find More Posts by jdveirin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2014, 01:52 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
I think the video is another Windlord owner. It's pretty neat, but I can't take credit for it. If you want to see a video of my Windlord flying you can check it out here. Ignore the shots of me, my brother was filming. I asked him to film me flying, but I think he took that to heart. I meant the plane, not me.

Windlord (0 min 56 sec)

another here

Windlord Flying (0 min 58 sec)

I have a few without motors. Generally I only put motors in my gliders because I am limited where I can use a high start. Having power opens up most schools and parks. With family and work commitments I usually only have a couple of hours to fly, so the more air time I can get the better. Plus I want to try the Windlord out with the local ALES club.

I put 5 degrees of downthrust. It should have had 10 in hindsight. Oh well I own a band saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdveirin View Post
"bennetbr"

I enjoyed the video on your thread and the touch and go on the landing

I do not use engines in my gliders, but my father always stuck an engine in the nose of his. Down thrust was needed to keep the nose from pitching up too high under launch power.
bennetbr is offline Find More Posts by bennetbr
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:57 PM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
864 Posts
Love it, here is a pic mine.
xrx1113 is offline Find More Posts by xrx1113
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:31 PM
Zeus
Joined Jul 2006
139 Posts
vertical pieces outboard of elevators

xrx1113,

Thanks for posting the picture of your WIndlord. Do the vertical pieces outboard of the elevators serve any purpose other than aesthetics?

I haven't decided whether to install them.
jdveirin is offline Find More Posts by jdveirin
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:51 AM
Joined Aug 2011
864 Posts
I think they may help with tracking . When its in flight you really don't notice them visually.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:44 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,499 Posts
Great colour scheme, how does it fly? mine is still unbuilt...
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
864 Posts
It flys great !! It has a geared new motor , the wing servos are where the launch hooks used to be. The rudder servo is set into the fuse at the back . It uses a 2200 up to a 3100 3 cell . It goes up at about 45 degrees I get 3 really good motor climbs over 600 feet. If there is any thermal activity It will stay up until I get tired of standing there. Landing takes some practice I don't have the spoilers set up so have to bleed off speed with a long aproach It would skip on landing until I got the hang of it ; now I just slide it in without the touch and go. You will love this plane !!! It has no bad tendencies and its a really different looking . I cant take credit for the plane I bought it off of RC groups did the conversion and hit it with some paint.
Mark