to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Now $199.95
Good price James. I just got back to building on my kit so not in the market now. What do you think your drop dead day for shipping before Christmas is. Might have already passed. This plane would be nice for somone to get under the tree next week. Maybe even for New Years.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:10 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrie View Post
Good price James. I just got back to building on my kit so not in the market now. What do you think your drop dead day for shipping before Christmas is. Might have already passed. This plane would be nice for somone to get under the tree next week. Maybe even for New Years.
Unless you wanted to pay for premium shipping, I think the deadline for Christmas has passed.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2013, 09:02 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Looking for customer responce

Hi Guys please answer this for me.

James

Hello,

I'm interested in ordering the slow stick X but had a question about flight characteristics compared to the original GWS (foam) version. I see that the wing loading on the X is 6.71 oz./ sq. ft., vs about 4 oz/ sq. ft. for the GWS. How will this nearly 3 oz. increase affect performance? Will the X (w/dihedral) fly as slowly and gracefully as the foam version, and glide, turn, and stay up on no power as long as the foam vers.? Also, is the trainer X's wing strong enough to withstand inside & outside loops?

Thanks,

TP
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2013, 07:47 AM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Mar 2011
125 Posts
Definitely one of my favorite planes. I built mine with no dihedral and put in a HK 2836 motor with a 10x4.7 SF prop. This is the first plane of my flying day. Even in 15mph winds (like today). I have several posts here, some with videos like #2370 and here is my latest video from October:
My Stik at Sherwood in October (6 min 45 sec)

DEFINITELY a plane worth owning. Sooner than later.
pherz is online now Find More Posts by pherz
Old Jan 18, 2014, 08:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
916 Posts
After a long delay I have started back on the Slow stick you cut the special tail you cut for me. It is really looking good. Trying to put that fuse and x-gear together and ran into some problems. For some reason I didn't order the hardware for the X-gear or the steering tail gear. Don't see these items available alone on your web store. Please let me know what I need to order.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 05:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
916 Posts
Been working on this for way to long but it is starting to look like something.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2009
254 Posts
i fly the crap out of my SSX and was wondering if you ever thought of making a large SSX kit ?
SWAMPER is offline Find More Posts by SWAMPER
Old Jan 28, 2014, 04:14 PM
Well, barely adequate.
United States, CA, Upland
Joined May 2013
47 Posts
Maybe stupid question, but I just started my build and ran into snag at first step. My SC1-A nor my SC2-A have holes in them. In steps 2 & 3, you mention how important it is to have these holes line up but mine don't have any!
AdequateOne is offline Find More Posts by AdequateOne
Old Jan 28, 2014, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdequateOne View Post
Maybe stupid question, but I just started my build and ran into snag at first step. My SC1-A nor my SC2-A have holes in them. In steps 2 & 3, you mention how important it is to have these holes line up but mine don't have any!
Not sure if anyone is here anymore. I do not remember holes in mine but I will go look when i'm in the shop tonight. Let you know if you don't get an answer.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 08:49 PM
United States, CT, Norwalk
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
My kit is about 2 years old, It is kind of hard to see in my covered wing but I can peek in and see that there are no holes in these parts as mentioned in the plans.
JM49781 is online now Find More Posts by JM49781
Old Jan 28, 2014, 09:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
916 Posts
I checked, no holes. One thing I would say is I don't think the instructions stress enough that the main spar, TE and LE need to be square. Make sure and the two wing halfs will go together square. I am old school and I drew lines on paper and built on top of it.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 09:39 PM
United States, CT, Norwalk
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
This is another confusing part of the build. The leading edge crutch is laser cut from one of the sheets. As you can see, mine is still in the sheet. I mistakenly used one of the spars and then had to buy another piece to finish the wing.Name: IMG_2166.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 150.7 KB
Description: Leading Edge Crutch
JM49781 is online now Find More Posts by JM49781
Old Feb 03, 2014, 06:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdequateOne View Post
How is the build going? Started covering mine last night.
Old Feb 03, 2014, 07:04 AM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
716 Posts
James you OK, haven't heard anything from you lately?

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer