HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:25 PM
Joined Jul 2009
160 Posts
Help!
RM XLF-207 vs Lunak

Need help deciding between the RM XLF-207 and the RM Lunak. I'm familiar with the Lunak, but can't find much info on the 207. It'll be used for slope. Can anyone tell me how they compare regarding thermal, aerobatics, etc.? The 207 is 4.5m, and has 2000+ sq. inches. I like the bigger size, but definitely need reasonable aerobatics. I don't need another big KA8. Thanks, Bob
flyingfever is offline Find More Posts by flyingfever
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:56 PM
Melbourne,Victoria,Australia
Joined Apr 2010
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfever View Post
Need help deciding between the RM XLF-207 and the RM Lunak. I'm familiar with the Lunak, but can't find much info on the 207. It'll be used for slope. Can anyone tell me how they compare regarding thermal, aerobatics, etc.? The 207 is 4.5m, and has 2000+ sq. inches. I like the bigger size, but definitely need reasonable aerobatics. I don't need another big KA8. Thanks, Bob
Hi Bob,l could not find any build log and or flight report either for the laminar XLF-207,unlike the lunak that has comprehensive build log & flight reports..It must be because the laminar is relatively new on the market.I reckon the laminar would be a better choice over the lunak,even though the lunak is still a great model.Reichard make great models,l have the grob-3.6 meter,and love it,and l am still saving to get the newly released Reichard Hornet H-206.The 16mm steel wing joiner and fibreglass leading edge,make the 4 meter plus laminar,and 4 metre lunak/hornet/DG 300 good slopers,and thermal shipsI have seen the DG 300 perform aerobatics off the slope,and the wings hold up beautifully,showing little if any noticable flex.regards damo
Damian Couzoff is offline Find More Posts by Damian Couzoff
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:50 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,648 Posts
Whatever model has the smaller span it will roll quicker, that means the Lunak.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:44 AM
Aerotow and sloping Holland
Joined Mar 2012
282 Posts
The German Magazine "Modell" recently featured a test from the Laminar.
They were very enthousiastic about the model.
It is reported to be fairly forgiving but by no means a KA8
I agree that the Lunak Will be more aerobatic.
Maarten
MaartenX is offline Find More Posts by MaartenX
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:20 PM
Don't ask me anything...
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Whatever model has the smaller span it will roll quicker, that means the Lunak.
Yes, that would be my thinking too. Being essentially a Lunak with bigger wings, the Laminar surely is more of a thermally sort of glider, more for aerotow and flat field soaring? I would think your choice would come down to the amount of wind / lift you normally have at your slopes...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Apr 28, 2013, 04:48 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Feb 2005
405 Posts
FYI

here is a fairly described mounting of that glider with its first flight with 20mph of wind

http://electrosoaring.blogspot.com/s...&by-date=false

In French so use google translate....

Stephane
sruelle is offline Find More Posts by sruelle