Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 29, 2012, 09:53 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
The spring is really soft and its literally 3 or 4 coils only , all it does it put some gentle pressure on the guide rod to keep it slightly up removing the play that i had in mine ( i could move the guide rod about 5mm down ) , any servo movements are unrestricted as far as i can tell .
Theres no gluing and you can easily put the spring on or remove it if it doesnt help.
The spring was from the inside of a shoulder button on an xbox style joypad.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 10:17 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
http://youtu.be/Gl28J5rbDWg

Just a little buzz around the living room.
Try banking / rolling (ailerons) while turning (rudders). That's coordinated banked turns and they let you turn away from objects faster.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old May 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Is it worth upgrading the main motor? My V911 has started to run thru batteries in less than 3 minutes so I think the main motor is starting fail. I tried replacing it with a 9958 motor that I had ordered as a backup but I pulled the cap off trying to install it... now it won't run correctly. The 9958 motor quality looks inferior to the V911 and it is slightly larger in diameter so I had to pull out the dremel to add some clearance. But now I need a new motor and I want something with more punch to it. Any suggestions?
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old May 29, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2007
524 Posts
The 9958 motor fit in mine but it was snug. I push up on the can of the motor not the shaft, I've popped the caps off of other motors in the past. But the pinion on the 9958 motor is shorter so doesn't line up with main gear quite as well as the stock motor.

The good part for me was my main gear had rough spots on the teeth pretty much out of the box and the 9958 pinion meshes much better than the V911 motor pinion. But I'd agree the V911 motor fit and quality appear better. I don't know how to remove pinions and swap just that part.

I think the Nine Eagles Bravo SX motors are considered to be some of the best. Not sure if that is just for tail motor or also main and tail motor. Also not sure of # of teeth on its main motor pinion. The 9958 has different number of teeth (don't remember the specifics) so that does change the gearing slightly. I don't notice it, but do notice that the mesh is better and it is quieter.

Also check that you don't have debris around shaft and try a little WD40. I had very poor performance with my night vapor plane this weekend thinking it was the motor, almost would not fly. Discovered small amount of something (grass perhaps) on shaft near motor, cleaned it off and WD40 helped a lot. It is not as good as new but climbs much better.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old May 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
I noticed that the gear mesh was tighter... couldn't decide if that was better or not. I almost felt like it was slightly binding because it was so tight.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old May 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I put the bravo sx motor in mine more power and good battery life
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old May 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
But don't you need play in the swash?... it has to pivot somewhat.
yes it has to pivot but not flop around.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old May 29, 2012, 08:43 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
My V911-BellHiller heli has a servo related problem. During a flight the aileron servo intermittently sticks. It works again for a few minutes after I torque the servo arm.

Its very annoying during aggressive indoor flying!!

I plan to use Deoxit faderlube for the repair.

http://www.rpelectronics.com/f100l-l...cant-caig.html

V911 Servo Fix Guide
Username>: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1581697
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old May 29, 2012, 11:34 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,265 Posts
I am receiving a prototype from an OEM company called Benma soon( many of your V911s were made by said company). Think you guys will like it. A few specs:
plugs on the rx, paddles, independent 3 wire servos..
I wasn't involved with development but I did come up with the name for it... (it was unnamed til yesterday): the Helios 100. Stay tuned!

oh..and I think the paint job is quite attractive..you might even think it's quite..hot!... excited?
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; May 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
I am receiving a prototype from an OEM company called Benma soon( many of your V911s were made by said company). Think you guys will like it. A few specs:
I wasn't involved with development but I did come up with the name for it... (it was unnamed til yesterday): the Helios 100. Stay tuned!

oh..and I think the paint job is quite attractive..you might even think it's quite..hot!... excited?

splooge! this sounds juicy how about a 4th of July release or earlier ?
gimps777 is offline Find More Posts by gimps777
Old May 30, 2012, 12:12 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post

Possibly more 9x Tx compatible RC copters is a good thing.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old May 30, 2012, 12:17 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
What kind of battery life are you guys getting out of the V911? Mine is ridiculous. I'm lucky to get a decent 2 minute flight out of it, and 2 minutes isn't nearly enough because I really like flying this thing! I ordered a BNF from Banggood a couple of weeks ago so I'll be interested to see if it does any better.
kbohip is offline Find More Posts by kbohip
Old May 30, 2012, 12:55 AM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
What kind of battery life are you guys getting out of the V911? Mine is ridiculous. I'm lucky to get a decent 2 minute flight out of it, and 2 minutes isn't nearly enough because I really like flying this thing! I ordered a BNF from Banggood a couple of weeks ago so I'll be interested to see if it does any better.
Haven't timed it, but I'd guess 7-8 minutes. Probably a minute or so longer if I'm outside on high rate(less taking-off/landing).
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old May 30, 2012, 12:57 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
Where you flying to low voltage cutoff? Did you wait about 5-10mins before recharging the batery? Did you recharge and then put the battery away? All of these are no-no s.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old May 30, 2012, 01:03 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I am receiving a prototype from an OEM company called Benma soon.

Think you guys will like it. A few specs:

Damn excited! Possible to negotiate special deals for us loyal customers? Sort of like a sneak preview before the rest of the world gets it.

The name Helios, might sound cool in english, but in chinese, sounds like "black tumour" (黑瘤).
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG