SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2014, 04:22 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,162 Posts
That's rather odd, because both the JR and Futaba channel orders have gear on CH5 and Aux1 on CH6. Something would have to be wrong for them to be swapped.

I would double check what you are seeing to make sure there isn't something in the transmitter programming that's causing the problem.

If you are sure there an issue, you might want to reprogram the module. That requires a special programmer, not the regular HK USB.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2014, 08:06 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,609 Posts
Even if it was swapping ch5 and ch6 (which I doubt) that would be no problem for the Taranis since you could just assign them the other way around.

Any chance you can post your eepe, either here or better in one of the Taranis threads?

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jul 04, 2014, 11:46 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
240 Posts
You guys make sense and I am not sure what happened but somehow it was reversed, than the oddest thing happened.
Unfortunatelly I don't know how I can re-assign ch 5 and 6 the other way around.

With the HK Orange module, the PZ Sukhoi rx AR636 only worked if I used ch 6 as GEAR and ch 5 as AUX1 and should be the opposite.
I after trying a zillion times and using different mixes and switch combinations I had the idea to try a DX5 hack module instead the orange module.
I created the mixes with GEAR/ch 6 and AUX1/ch 5, bound it and everything worked fine as it suppose to work when you using a DX9 or DX18.

Than I removed the DX5 Hack module put back the HK module, copied the mixes used w/the DX5 and guess what? It worked!! I could not believe that...I spent almost a day trying to figure it out but I was happy.

Honestly I dont know if I was messing up or the AR636 was getting wrong info out of the Orange module and straitened up with the spektrum module but I guess I will never know..
The first screenshot is the inverted setup and the second one the correct setup same as the Spektrum module , on the inverted setup I was using Replace in a atempt to make it work but I have used Add as well and no luck.
The DX5 hack setup worked right away and no need to use Replace.
Pat I cannot attach the eepe here as that format is not alowed but I could send you both via email.
Thanks again!
Hawk600 is offline Find More Posts by Hawk600
Last edited by Hawk600; Jul 05, 2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:25 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,609 Posts
You have two of the switch positions swapped in the "backwards" one, SB- should be at 0% not -100%

Far simpler would be to set it up with the switches as the sources, rather than using MAX and the switches to enable the mix line.

CH5 SH Weight(+100%)
CH6 SB Weight(+100%)
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jul 06, 2014, 12:20 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Mar 2011
240 Posts
Thank you Pat, I will try to replicate your suggestion and see how it comes up and interacts with the AR636 rx.
Hawk600 is offline Find More Posts by Hawk600