HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
The Deviation project is definitely catching on in China now. This thread in a Chinese forum is even growing faster than the thread here.

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...&extra=&page=1

This is what one user wrote about PhracturedBlue

高手在民间

"Master Among Mortals"
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 30, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
can someone upload Devo DFuse upgrading tool cause walkera.com is down.
Thanks
Sharon
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
How can I revert to original FW ? I know how to upgrade FW but where can I find the original libreries ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
How can I revert to original FW ? I know how to upgrade FW but where can I find the original libreries ?
You can revert to original by upgrading the original fw and library with the dfuse tool.
They can be downloaded from the Walkera site, or here are some direct links to them: http://rc.fdr.hu/devo.php
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Oct 2009
459 Posts
i have devo 6 and i from what i can gather this software allows me to use rx's like these flysky but i went back couple of pages and saw that i needed a mod or a module to my tx for this to work. Could anyone link me to more info about this. Also will this enable me to use all 8 channels on the rx with my devo6?
Jetboatftw is offline Find More Posts by Jetboatftw
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw View Post
i have devo 6 and i from what i can gather this software allows me to use rx's like these flysky but i went back couple of pages and saw that i needed a mod or a module to my tx for this to work. Could anyone link me to more info about this. Also will this enable me to use all 8 channels on the rx with my devo6?
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-f...sky-mod-how-to
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Deviation project is definitely catching on in China now. This thread in a Chinese forum is even growing faster than the thread here.

http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...&extra=&page=1

This is what one user wrote about PhracturedBlue

高手在民间

"Master Among Mortals"
Well, hopefully they'll appreciate the support for Chinese glyphs then. That was a lot more work than I expected
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:18 PM
Montreal, QC, CANADA
Joined Aug 2008
818 Posts
what about using other modules like frsky? would another transmitter be required for their protocol? if so would their DIY kit work and would you be able to switch to and from it from the software? I believe it requires a PPM input.
forsakenrider is offline Find More Posts by forsakenrider
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenrider View Post
what about using other modules like frsky? would another transmitter be required for their protocol? if so would their DIY kit work and would you be able to switch to and from it from the software? I believe it requires a PPM input.
I'll eventually get around to adding support for the CC2500 module (which is needed for frsky among others). The instructions will likely be much like the Flysky instructions (you'll need to buy the module from ebay/aliexpress though). I have no ETA for that though.

What I'd really like to do is to design a module which has the 4 current RF chips (nrf24l01, cc2500, cyrf6936, A7105) with a single power-amp and antenna that could plug into the existing CYRF mounting point. That is a big project though, and not likely to be one I tackle right away.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:11 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
I'll eventually get around to adding support for the CC2500 module (which is needed for frsky among others). The instructions will likely be much like the Flysky instructions (you'll need to buy the module from ebay/aliexpress though). I have no ETA for that though.

What I'd really like to do is to design a module which has the 4 current RF chips (nrf24l01, cc2500, cyrf6936, A7105) with a single power-amp and antenna that could plug into the existing CYRF mounting point. That is a big project though, and not likely to be one I tackle right away.
Seems your well on your way of forging "The One TX to Control them all"
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:02 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Wow! That really something looking forward to!
Al in one ultimate Tx...for now we already semi all in one
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Sep 2009
4 Posts
A friend pointed out this whole devo hack thing so I hit google.

First comment: Great work

I downloaded the src and have started going through it and would like a few clarifications just to make sure I understand the architecture of this thing.
1) for dsm2, is a new packet sent every 10ms (found in DSM2_Initialize())?
2) Is there any synchronization between the mixer array Channels[] and the generation of a packet? The reason I'm asking is what prevents the mixer from being part way through a calculation when an irq grabs partial data from the array
u8mydog is offline Find More Posts by u8mydog
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u8mydog View Post
A friend pointed out this whole devo hack thing so I hit google.

First comment: Great work

I downloaded the src and have started going through it and would like a few clarifications just to make sure I understand the architecture of this thing.
1) for dsm2, is a new packet sent every 10ms (found in DSM2_Initialize())?
see doc/DSM.txt. The 10msec you see in DSM2_Initialize is just the delay of the 1st callback. Each time the callback is executed, it returns the time till the next callback execution.
new data is sent every 22msec, but we send each packet twice:
Code:
 0msec: Transmit channels 0-7 on channel 'a'
 4msec: Transmit channels 0-7 on channel 'b'
11msec: Transmit channels 8-14 on channel 'a'
15msec: Transmit channels 8-14 on channel 'b'
22msec: Transmit channels 0-7 on channel 'a'
Quote:
2) Is there any synchronization between the mixer array Channels[] and the generation of a packet? The reason I'm asking is what prevents the mixer from being part way through a calculation when an irq grabs partial data from the array
Nothing prevents this, however the update (for a given channel) should be atomic (since it is a 16bit write). There is, of course, the potential that 2 channels depend on the same source and only one of them has been updated when the interrupt happens, but we oversample to a huge degree, so (a) the difference is likely to be incredibly small, and (b) it will be short lived, since the packet will be updated again 22msec later (2.4msec for Devo)
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
I have this problem:

I have the walkera DEVO 10 when I turn on the unit it beeps and i get a saving please wait message, then it goes blank and does the same thing again, about 1 second between beeps, here is a photo of the screen, I've tried switched in different positions, ive tried updating firmware, downgrading firmware and nothing works.

Any Ideas???? please help

Can this be fixed somehow on my end with reprogramming it or something of the sort?
djrocketodd is offline Find More Posts by djrocketodd
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:33 AM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
You mean with Deviation firmware installed? or with Walkera firmware? Are you upgrading both the firmware and the library? I had that problem when trying to upgrade the stock Walkera Library, I accidentally hit the upload instead of the upgrade button. Which then overwrote the new library with the old library from the transmitter. Which then caused the transmitter to behave as you describe. I had to delete the (devo 10 lib 0.0.x.dfu) file and download a new one from walkeras site. Then make sure to use the upgrade button, not the upload button for the library.

But if you're talking about Deviation firmware then I have no idea, but I think it does not support devo 10 anyway.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Last edited by flint723; Oct 04, 2012 at 09:46 AM.