HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:36 PM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Antony (France)
Joined Sep 2003
2,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
I dont really care who is posting this info....Its really interesting to me. Any info on Motrofly?...Motrofly has proven to me that it is a top tier motor. I have one in my 60" Edge and it has crazy power.
Hi
Motrolfly and Pro-tronik (A2Pro) are made by "DBY" in Shenzhen
Louis
Fourdan is offline Find More Posts by Fourdan
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
Over the Hill, 3rd Oak Tree on left
Joined Nov 2005
218 Posts
I just read this entire thread and I'm tired !!


I'm going to go buy a purple motor..
Captain Speedy is offline Find More Posts by Captain Speedy
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Deep Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Speedy View Post
I'm going to go buy a purple motor..
I prefer green and black; -or even silver with a black and red sticker ....

Of tangential relevance: In the UK at the moment, phone "Hackers" are in big trouble, and are being arrested by the police ....
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:31 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
C₄H₁₀'s Avatar
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,397 Posts
This has gotten ridiculous. It's like a microcosmic case study in insanity, and the specimen is the professor.

Still, it's sort of fun. I'll ask my question directly: If they are equal or superior to the higher-priced lines, why are none of these cheaper motors ever, ever, used in the highest levels of competition?
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Perfectly rational

Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
This has gotten ridiculous.
It's like a microcosmic case study in insanity. ]
I do not see anything "ridiculous" about pointing out, that if you purchase a "LiPolice" or "OK Hobby Infinite" or "Turnigy SK3 motor", then you get basically exactly the same motor as a Hacker, made with the same components in the same chinese factory -for just 25% the cost of a Hacker motor ...
-Indeed, to ignore this very clear evidence, might at worst be considered a form of "insanity", and at best perhaps to be a form of "blind stupidity" ...

Quote:
If they are equal or superior to the higher-priced lines, why are none of these cheaper motors ever, ever, used in the highest levels of competition?
This is an an interesting question: Unfortunately, we are all affected by the pervasive attitudes of our "designer label culture". There are many young ladies, who pay $1,000 for a handbag from a smart London shop, just because it has the "Dolce&Gabbana" label on, when they can buy the identical handbag (probably made in the same chinese factory) for $30 from a small town store.
-In the same way, we tend to have the belief that motors with the label "Hacker" or "Torque" or "AXI" are somehow "better" and "more slick" than motors that do not have this label. And so, regardless of actual performance (and often regardless of logic) we are prepared to pay 4 or 5 or 6 times as much, for motors with these labels on.
-Competition pilots, especially perhaps F3A pilots, tend to be very easily seduced by these "designer label" attitudes. Many of them are prepared to pay $4,000 for an Oxai F3A plane ( -hardly any F3A planes cost less than $1,200 ...), they pay $200 or more for each servo; And they are quite prepared to pay $500 for a Hacker F3A motor, or $600 for a Plettenberg or a Neu F3A motor, believing (or at least hoping ..) that these motors might give them a slight "edge" in the competition ..

-However, what they do not realise, and also what most of us do not understand, is that the chinese factories that make these "top end" brushless motors, also sell a whole load of identical motors to many other vendors, simply branded with a different label, and perhaps with a different outside colour scheme. All these chinese factories are interested in doing, is making as much money as possible.
-And this is why we can obtain a motor exactly the same as the Hacker Q60-7M F3A, which costs $538 in the USA
-For $139 from OK Hobby Infinite
-For $199 from Mega Power Taurus
-For 169 Euros from Schweighofer LiPolice
-And for $229 as the Extreme Flight "Silver Bullet F3A" motor.
The Infinite motor costs just 25.6% of the Hacker motor. Or: The Hacker costs 3.9 times as much as the Infinite motor.
... And soon, no doubt, this very same F3A motor will be available from HobbyKing as the "Turnigy SK3 5330-210kv 7turn 28 pole F3A motor" -for less than $100 ...
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Last edited by cryhavoc37; Apr 28, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Email from Megapower, in Taiwan

Subject: Re: TAURUS MPA5030-210KV F3A motor
Date: 18/04/2012
From: megapower@megapower-rc.com
" ... The Taurus F3A motor and the Hacker Q60-7M F3A perform just as well as each other. I am sorry that I have no iinformation about Extreme Flight Torque F3A "Silver Bullet".
The postage cost is U$24 for shipping one motor from my side to UK and the Taurus F3A-5030 motor costs $199.99. But I can offer you a special price. Total is U$200 for one Taurus F3A motor and postage.
If there is any questions, plase e-mail me anytime.
Regards, Kay ...."


MEGA POWER TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
No. 231, Pu-Yi Rd.
Chungli City 320,
Taoyuan County,
Taiwan R.O.C
Phone) +886 3 4535643
Fax ) +886 3 4616835
web) http://www.megapower-rc.com


-So: I could obtain the TAURUS MPA 5030-210KV F3A motor -for a total of just $200, including postage.
Saving about $350 or more, on the cost of the Hacker F3A motor.
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:21 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
C₄H₁₀'s Avatar
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,397 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay, so you're saying that because of this designer-label duping phenomenon, not ONE SINGLE PILOT has EVER decided to try using a cheaper motor in place of a more expensive one in competition?

How would you feel if I posted evidence (at least, "evidence" by your definition) to the contrary, as confirmed by a highly respected and quite objective name in F5B?

Oh, that's right. You'd pass him off as a guy who's just out to screw Joe Pilot and support the big brands.

You conspiracy theorists are hard to please
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Hacker motors are identical with Turnigy SK3 motors

You may remember the "Turnigy SK3 HeliDrive Competition Series 4962 motor", that we mentioned back in post #210 of this thread. This motor is used for a 700-size (90-size) helicopter. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ize_heli_.html

I noticed tonight, that this motor is essentially identical with the "Hacker A50-10L Turnado" heli motor, in appearance (apart from the front housing) and in all specification - http://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/e-v...&t=3&c=31&p=31 -Both motors even have the same "ribbed" outer surface (see the pictures below).

Specs: Turnigy SK3 4962-560kv: weight 448g; Kv 560; 10 turn; 10pole; Diam 49mm Length 62mm;
Hacker A50-10L Turnado: weight 455g; Kv 580; 10 turn; 10pole; Diam 49mm Length 62mm;

It is, of course, quite certain that they are the same motor, and that they are both of course manufactured by the SunRay Technology factory.
The very big difference is that the Hacker Turnado motor costs 189 Euros ( = $251), whereas the Turnigy SK3 motor costs $74.
The Hacker motor costs 3.4 times as much as the Turnigy SK3 motor. Or: The Turnigy SK3 motor costs just 29% of the cost of the Hacker Turnado motor -and all for a basically identical motor ....
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Last edited by cryhavoc37; Apr 28, 2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
No conspiracy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
You conspiracy theorists are hard to please
-Please note: I am not a "conspiracy theorist" ... -I am not trying to find some secret agreement between various companies. This is not Watergate, and I am not "Deep Throat".

I am, very simply, trying to get at the truth ....
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Herman Munster's Avatar
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc37 View Post




-In the same way, we tend to have the belief that motors with the label "Hacker" or "Torque" or "AXI" are somehow "better" and "smarter" than motors that do not have this label. And so, regardless of performance (and sometimes logic) we are prepared to pay 4 or 5 times as much, for motors with these labels on.
.
Hey, I personally know that my Hacker motor is "better" and "smarter" than ALL the other motors because it told me it was.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
Registered User
Herman Munster's Avatar
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc37 View Post
-Please note: I am not a "conspiracy theorist" ... -I am not trying to find some secret agreement between various companies. This is not Watergate, and I am not "Deep Throat".

I am, very simply, trying to get at the truth ....

You can't handle the truth
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
scirocco's Avatar
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc37 View Post
I noticed tonight, that this motor is totally identical with the "Hacker A50-10L Turnado" heli motor, in all respects, and also in appearance. - ....
Dear whomever you are today,

I am very curious as to the definition of "totally identical" in the universe you inhabit. I think to most of us, a front housing with a continuous face and 8 mounting holes is quite different to a mounting face with 4 cutouts and only 4 mounting holes.

So regardless of the internals that we can't see (and even if by some chance they are the same), the motors are in fact not "totally identical" as you so stridently and without qualification (all respects) state, and we don't need to rely on assertions and half truths to actually prove that; just the photos you attached. They have an obvious physical difference so they can't be "totally identical", now can they? If there is at least one clear physical difference, what other differences might there be? We can be objective enough to note a distinct similarity, and if presented with independent dynamometer testing note similar performance, but are not so deluded as to claim identicality when it is so obviously not so. So if you can make such patently false and exaggerated claims with the visual evidence in front of you, how can you claim to be a truth seeker?

Oh well, that's my ration of troll food for oh about this decade.
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
definition of "totally identical"
... my ration of troll food
-Have changed this to "essentially" identical; -BTW, what is "troll -ing" ... ?
Come on, scirocco; simple common sense tells me, you and everyone that: The Turnigy SK3 Helidrive motor ($74) is identical with the Hacker Turnado motor ($251) ....
-Whether one might like to acknowledge this, if one has paid $80 or $200 or $600 for their own Hacker motor recently, is quite another matter ...
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Last edited by cryhavoc37; Apr 28, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
60-size motors, manufactured by SunRay Technology

You see here the list of 60mm diameter brushless motors, made by the SunRay Technology factory in China.

-It is highly notable that many of these motors are identical in all their specifications to:
Hacker
LiPolice
OK Hobby Infinite
Mega Power Taurus
Turnigy SK3 series -which are now supplied by HobbyKing, at very cheap prices compared to Hacker
sussexmodel is offline Find More Posts by sussexmodel
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
Good Better Best quest.
olmod's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,502 Posts
Interesting how you got those spec's, cant get them off the web site.
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Hacker, Reaper, Hyperion Brushless Motors for Sale stevelmaa Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 7 Jan 28, 2012 07:04 PM
Cool New brushless motors factory yang1346888 Power Systems 2 Nov 08, 2011 12:33 AM
Build Log Find a Chinese model factory for Slope cndstv Slope 19 Jan 10, 2007 03:40 PM
Discussion Searching agent in the market-from Chinese factory siryjy Sport Planes 0 Jun 02, 2006 05:04 AM
Did this influence the Chinese factory? fly_boy99 Life, The Universe, and Politics 30 Apr 01, 2005 05:03 AM