HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2010, 03:33 AM
Perth, Tasmania, Australia
Joined May 2000
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
They do on their geared B-series German built competition inrunners.
FWIW I have a couple of their B40-5L Carbon motors and they don't use a collett.

George
GeorgeC is offline Find More Posts by GeorgeC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2010, 06:04 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
Dave,

Any plans for a ZS3014 and 3020 around 800kV? There is a definete market there for high power 47-49" 3D planes running 4s on a 13x6.5 prop. Right now that is a gap for me in the lineup.

Erling
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Old Mar 02, 2010, 10:55 AM
Germany, near Berlin
Joined Mar 2009
15 Posts
Question to Dave..

Hi Dave!

Well, nearly a year ago, we PM'd abt. the Hyperion ZS65** Series....

After not coming to the stores yet - do you maybe have any idea or information about those Motors?

Best regards from around Berlin in Germany...

Frank
TopSan is offline Find More Posts by TopSan
Old Mar 02, 2010, 10:58 AM
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
+1... I need a ZS65 as well. 100cc performance on 14s and the ESC to go with it.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 11:30 AM
Germany, near Berlin
Joined Mar 2009
15 Posts
Well, shown in Sonderborg last May already...

Hi Captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norway View Post
+1... I need a ZS65 as well. 100cc performance on 14s and the ESC to go with it.
You mean this Motor and those ESC's - they were shown last year at pitchbrothers smackdown in Sonderborg/ DK - there i took the photos.

But none of those is anywhere to buy yet - not even now, 1 year later - or 2 years after showing those motors in the 2008 hyperion catalogue
TopSan is offline Find More Posts by TopSan
Old Mar 02, 2010, 02:28 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
Excactly. I have a 3DHS 103" Extra ready for mounting motor now. I have a Plettenberg Predator 30 and Jeti Spin ESC ready for it, but it is kind of overkill.

I would like to save the Pletti for a larger airplane and try an Hyperion combo on this instead.
Old Mar 02, 2010, 08:16 PM
The Eh Team
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2000
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norway View Post
+1 again, same requirements plus efficiency/duration requirements as I need to use in IMAC against the gas boys. I'm waiting for a Plettenberg in the meantime, had no choice but to place an order for the Predator due to the long lead times (10wks) meaning that I couldn't delay.
eajohnson is offline Find More Posts by eajohnson
Old Mar 08, 2010, 06:28 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Gs3032

Hi Dave,

Do you have an ETA on this series please?

Thanks,
Al
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:16 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
Hi Dave,

Do you have an ETA on this series please?

Thanks,
Al
Nope, sorry.

D
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:05 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
I saw in another thread you have the GS22xx coming in, is the GS3032 likely to be some time off - is it still planned for production David?
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Mar 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
I saw in another thread you have the GS22xx coming in, is the GS3032 likely to be some time off - is it still planned for production David?
You bet. Hyperion Zs, Hs, and Gs motors have all been selling extremely well, but we don't want to expand the line quickly and lose quality control. As such, most new releases have been about 6 weeks behind schedule lately (and we keep running out of Zs and Hs, too).

Anyway, rest easy. The Gs3032 are in production now, and we have a pretty solid expectation that they will be on sale within the next 2~3 weeks.

David
Old Mar 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
Skint since 2000
Reading, United Kingdom
Joined Oct 2008
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave View Post
You bet. Hyperion Zs, Hs, and Gs motors have all been selling extremely well, but we don't want to expand the line quickly and lose quality control. As such, most new releases have been about 6 weeks behind schedule lately (and we keep running out of Zs and Hs, too).

Anyway, rest easy. The Gs3032 are in production now, and we have a pretty solid expectation that they will be on sale within the next 2~3 weeks.

David
What about the GS22xx. I was thinking of building a multiplex merlin and these could be the perfect little powerplant to make it into a hotliner.

Thanks

Brett
ghost2212 is offline Find More Posts by ghost2212
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:31 AM
Boise, ID
Joined Dec 2008
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Btw (and this is ALL I am going to say), a little birdie tells me you may want to wait till March 8-9, if you plan to purchase some larger G3 lipo...

D

It's March 18. Is there an announcement coming, or something?
tlr-boise is offline Find More Posts by tlr-boise
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:04 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr-boise View Post
It's March 18. Is there an announcement coming, or something?
On March 8 G3 lipo dropped an average of 10% in price. Max reductions of 20.5%. Larger capacity and higher "S" packs got the biggest discounts, in order to make flying large electric models more affordable.

David
Old Mar 18, 2010, 01:12 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Gs3032 release date:

Big egg on face. I just spoke to the production line and they are not satisfied with several components after doing QC on the first few units. We have to redesign those parts and retest, and I can't say at this point when they will be ready.

Sorry for the delay, but we need them to be as good as they can be made, before you buy them.

Gs22 are arriving on Monday to Air Craft (rather than today as hoped, due to a routine random inspection at customs here.

David

Quote:

David