Old May 09, 2015, 07:46 AM
Find More Posts by Conehead
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,254 Posts
Jim T. Graham has a thread on modifications, which is just above this one,

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2233821

While you may not want to add that much more money to your Carbon-Z Cub, it might be worth looking at for some ideas.

I plan to fly mine off the water mostly, so I hope I don't have the same problem you did. While I don't have lots of extra cash to throw at a plane, I would go with what Jim said because I trust his judgement far better than mine.

In the end you would have a Carbon-Z Cub that you could also 3-D if you would choose to do so, or on the other hand, you would be flying at a bit less throttle and extend your flying time by a minute or two, is what I would guess what would happen.

Remember always leave some room in the tank( don't run the battery down to low voltage cutoff, that will shorten the life of your lipos.) Most pilots recommend at least 25% to 30% left in the pack. I have found that to be great advise.

I have to assemble my Carbon-Z Cub, which will happen this month. Also check out Jim's other modification, the Morgan Mill battery tray.

LINK: http://www.morganmill.com/RC/Carbon_Z_Cub_Parts.html

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts