Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:29 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
help with s107g repair please

hello, im new to to rc helicopters, so i thought i would purchase a syma s107g to learn how to fly propperly before i purchase a bigger one. unfortunately i crashed it almost immediately and one of the gears snapped. i purchased some replacement parts and managed to replace it.

however when i was putting the thing back together the top rotor no longer stays on when i try to screw it back in place and just pops off. also the bottom rotor looks higher then the other pictures i see of the same helicopter online. but im pretty sure it came like this as i didnt move the bottom one about when i went about replacing the broken gear. i have no idea why the thing won't stay on. any suggestions or help would be much appreciated, as my only other alternative is to purchase another and keep this for parts.

forgot to mention this was purchased on ebay froma chinese seller, which may explain why the bottom rotor looks higher up then it should be or could be i just messed up somewhere when reassembling it. i've attached a picture to illustrate the problem.
firefly82 is offline Find More Posts by firefly82
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:01 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,703 Posts
If you have a look through the S107 thread you will find pictures showing you what you need to know

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176146
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jul 24, 2014, 05:09 PM
Joined Jan 2014
11 Posts
The top blades are held on with the set screws. Loosen them or even remove them the holder will then slide onto the shaft, then tighten the set screws. Its possible your shaft isn't going past the screws and it is just setting on top. Also make sure the gear is on the shaft at the bottom far enough. The crosshatch on the shaft holds the gear on it can be moved by holding the gear and turning the shaft (like a screw).
bilderberg is offline Find More Posts by bilderberg