Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2014, 11:20 AM
Major Electron Addiction
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Aug 2006
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Hi Rod, sounds to me like something is wrong, are you sure you are using a Series harness or a 6s pack? with the 15x8 it should be well over 1000 watts! If not i suggest that you send a video to support@pa and they will analize and tell you whats wrong! The PA system is a true plug and play system, if you are not getting the power its a problem with the battery, or esc or motor for sure. Anyway contact PA and they will help you figure it out. Just in case Thrust motors and Quantum speed controllers have a full 2 year warranty!
The pack is a 35-70c 6s 3300. I used an Eagle tree data logger for the test run and had good voltage under load.
rodsmith123 is offline Find More Posts by rodsmith123
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2014, 12:55 PM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimmons View Post
Well the tech support guy from Vexa Servoxciter called me today. He comfirmed that the unit will not program the servo, (not save a custom center). Have to use a Hitech programmer for that. You can save your recievers center signal to the Servoxciter and have that signal sent to the servo. This makes setup easer but looks like I will have to buy the Hitech programmer.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions

Big G
Just want to be sure you also understand that the Hitec servo programmer only programs Hitec digital servos from the 5XXX and 7XXX series. It will not program servos from another manufacturer nor will it program Hitec analog servos. If your servos are not Hitec and they are programable you need to buy the same manufacturer's programmer. I could not find a post stating what servos you were using and seeing as you already bought one tool that didn't do what you want just wanted you to know and not buy another tool that will not work either.

But Aerofundan is right you don't really need to reprogram the servo center a good radio will sort that all out.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bavarian Cortex how to videos
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:41 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,421 Posts
Can someone tell me the weight of the quantum 70 amp ESC? Trying to determine if an ESC I already have will work.

Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2014, 09:37 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy View Post
Can someone tell me the weight of the quantum 70 amp ESC? Trying to determine if an ESC I already have will work.

Thanks
I don't know the exact weight, but compared to say a normal CC 100, its waaaaay lighter!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2014, 01:33 PM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:

Thanks
Checked PA's site and it doesn't specify weight of the Quantum 70, but if you compare the YEP esc's an 80A is 70g (including wires) and the 60A is Weight: 63g (including wires)
So I guess somewhere in that region.Just to give you an idea,but knowing PA it's probably 50g
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Mar 06, 2014, 01:36 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
I don't know the exact weight, but compared to say a normal CC 100, its waaaaay lighter!
Thanks but not looking to use a castle creations 100
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:12 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
United States, OH, Amelia
Joined Apr 2008
1,496 Posts
good guess - it's 67 gramm
AndreasHeger is offline Find More Posts by AndreasHeger
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2014, 05:40 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,421 Posts
Awesome thanks for posting that AdreasHeger

Looks like you just got a new toy in time for spring flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:39 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,452 Posts
So who is enjoying their ADXL??? I will be getting one soon now that the weather is starting to get better here! It has been very windy for the past months, and winter is about to start here (which means perfect flying weather, very little wind and not so high temps)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:54 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,137 Posts
@ guys at PA
can I ask for a favour please?
I'm seriously considering buying an adxl but only to convert it to gas. I'm planning to powering it with a 4 stroke petrol saito (or equivalent)
If possible can you please take one adxl without motor and motor cage and measure how much weight you need to balance considering (with rx, servo, bec and a 2s 1800-2000mah lets say 300 gram in the fueselage as further back as you can safely place them) and assuming I can fit a tank at cg?
Is the covers fuel resistant?
Thanks
(If easier can you guys consider making a gas adxl version?
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Last edited by ckleanth; Mar 08, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:02 PM
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
Winter is about to end here (funny how we see winter differently) have not flown my XL (anything actually) for a month now - constant rain and strong winds. But this weekend should be fine spring weather, no wind and sunny.

Have 12 new SLS Xtron battery packs so (makes 24 with last years packs) non stop flying Saturday an Sunday.

Must confess - excited as before first XL flight. Must be addiction revocation syndrome.

Have a question - left my XL standing on its nose against the wall (for a month) is there a danger to twist motor box or firewall or something?

Edit PS - please please please do NOT start selling BIG AMR before maybe end of summer. There is no way I can explain two PA planes in less than six months.
faldomak is offline Find More Posts by faldomak
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:08 PM
Joined Oct 2007
5 Posts
Length of Servo Arms

Can anyone please tell me the length of the PA servo arms?
Can't find them in my kit and I might have substitutes.
Giln is offline Find More Posts by Giln
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:22 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,421 Posts
The CF servo arms do not come with the kit they are an add on so they are not something you would find in the kit. If no one gets back to you by tonight I will measure mine and let you know
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:34 PM
Joined Oct 2007
5 Posts
Quote:
The CF servo arms do not come with the kit they are an add on so they are not something you would find in the kit. If no one gets back to you by tonight I will measure mine and let you know
Thanks,
I bought the full IPA and would have thought it would have come with that.
Giln is offline Find More Posts by Giln
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:57 PM
I can't fly
Joined Dec 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giln View Post
Thanks,
I bought the full IPA and would have thought it would have come with that.
Okay which IPA kit did you get the $505 one or the $705 one? If you got the IPA setup that came with the hitec servos then you should have received the CF servo horns. If that is the case you should contact PA and they will make it right.

If you got the $505 IPA setup then no it still doesn't come with them
RCG Plus Member