HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2014, 10:52 PM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Oct 2010
360 Posts
JT, I was taking the picture and if you look at the V in the ridge you'll see Steve walking down the ridge. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it....
Email incoming.

IHAVAWDY, I hope to get up to one of the ski resorts about an hour up the mountain from me this summer. The ridges around the high camp are about 8400'. It should make for some spectacular alpine soaring.
Shawn in NorCal is online now Find More Posts by Shawn in NorCal
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2014, 11:30 PM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
3,996 Posts
If Steve designed and owns the rights to the model what gives the Chinese producer the right to change the name?
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old May 19, 2014, 11:33 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,347 Posts
Vic-
Don't you or pile buck own one of these "secrets", or is it the "artist"?
R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old May 19, 2014, 11:35 PM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
3,996 Posts
Sam owns an Artist which is made in South Korea. Is this the same model?
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old May 19, 2014, 11:40 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Feb 2002
87 Posts
The Artist is a different plane.

I'm not actually sure who changed the name to "Secret." It might have been the distributor in Honk Kong. A group of flyers in Marin County that had the idea to have me design the plane originally named it. Those flyers also put up money to help the manufacturer get the project going. I talked with the guys about the name being changed, and they were okay with the new name. I'm glad it's finally going to be produced soon

- Steve
Steve Situm is offline Find More Posts by Steve Situm
Last edited by Steve Situm; May 19, 2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old May 20, 2014, 02:03 AM
Volare!
San Franciso Bay Area
Joined Dec 2005
246 Posts
I take credit for calling her Marin... I wanted to remind others of the slopes from where she was born. The name is just a label, however, and it is the product that we're interested in.

It's only been since 2009 since we started working on this thing! Glad to hear you got Frank and his guys in China going again. Thanks for picking up the reins.

Can't wait to see one of these in flight... and landed in my hangar!

-Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Situm View Post
The Artist is a different plane.

I'm not actually sure who changed the name to "Secret." It might have been the distributor in Honk Kong. A group of flyers in Marin County that had the idea to have me design the plane originally named it. Those flyers also put up money to help the manufacturer get the project going. I talked with the guys about the name being changed, and they were okay with the new name. I'm glad it's finally going to be produced soon

- Steve
Matt Galland is offline Find More Posts by Matt Galland
Old Jun 23, 2014, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Oct 2010
360 Posts
Steve and I went to Thornton Beach to wring out the Secret and get some practice in some stronger coastal conditions todays, (Steve has officially renamed it the "Secret"). I have a lot of inland time on it, and a 1st and 3rd place finish on it in very very light coastal conditions, but no real time in strong coastal lift until today. It was blowing 18-22 perfectly straight in, very nice. Steve was flying his Precision like he stole it. I was flying the Secret. The shocking surprise is how hard Secret accelerates out of the corners. It hooks up, accelerates and sling shots out of the turns. It just killed the Precision in the turns. This airplane just keeps getting better the more I fly it! Steve you need to take one to Slovakia for the F3F World Championships. Steve, you can take mine if you can't get one in time. I know mine is a just a prototype, but the wings are from the production mold, the offer stands...
Shawn in NorCal is online now Find More Posts by Shawn in NorCal