Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,110 Posts
Discussion
Ares Gamma 370 Pro RFR (Ready-For-Receiver)

Hello everyone,

The new Ares Gamma 370 Pro RFR (Ready-For-Receiver) airplanes arrived in HobbyTown USA stores last week! Just in time to add to or pick up for almost any Christmas wish list

Also, because all of the parts are the same as the original Gamma 370 spare and option parts most stores already have plenty of spare parts in stock. Spare parts are also available on www.HobbyTown.com (and the airplane should hoepfully be available there in the next few weeks).

Please see below and check out our web site (www.Ares-RC.com) for more information on the Gamma 370 Pro. You can also follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AresRadioControl), Twitter (www.twitter.com/AresRC) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/AresRadioControl).

Features
• Incredibly smooth and stable flight performance that’s perfect for sport and aerobatic flying
• Advanced EPO foam design and construction that’s lightweight, durable and easy to repair
• Larger than typical micro and mini class models for better visibility and handling in light winds
• Factory-installed 370 brushless motor, 18-amp brushless ESC and 9-gram sub-micro servos
• Ready for easy installation of a 4+ channel receiver compatible with your favorite transmitter
• Includes two propeller options for use with 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V 800-1300mAh LiPo batteries
• Steerable tailwheel for improved ground handling and easier takeoffs from smooth surfaces
• Includes an optional-use prop saver to help protect the propeller, motor shaft and ESC

Overview
The Ares™ [air-eez] Gamma 370 Pro offers the stability and durability of the original Gamma 370 while also delivering full 4-channel control and aerobatic capability experienced sport flyers will enjoy. The advanced EPO foam airframe design is not only lightweight, durable and easy to repair, it also arrives factory-assembled and nearly ready to fly right out of the box so you can be flying at a local park, schoolyard or flying field in almost no time at all.

The Gamma 370 Pro is RFR (Ready-For-Receiver) and includes a factory-installed 370 brushless motor, 18-amp brushless ESC and three 9-gram sub-micro servos. It’s ready for you to install a 4+ channel receiver compatible with your favorite transmitter and includes two propeller options for use with 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V 800-1300mAh LiPo batteries. Best of all it’s available at a price that offers unbelievable value and makes it hard for almost any pilot to resist!

The factory-installed brushless power system is quiet, efficient and powerful delivering great performance and long flight times with 2S 7.4V and unlimited vertical performance with 3S 11.1V LiPo batteries. Coupled to smooth and precise aileron, elevator and rudder controls the Gamma 370 Pro is capable of all basic and even advanced 4-channel aerobatics including point rolls, rolling circles, knife edge and more!

So whether you’re looking for a great ‘first’ 4-channel model or a durable and fully aerobatic park flyer, there’s no better choice and no better value than the Gamma 370 Pro!

Specifications
Wingspan: 37.0 in (940mm)
Length: 30.6 in (775mm)
Weight with Battery: 16.0-17.5 oz (455-495 g)
Battery: 800-1300mAh 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V LiPo (required)
Charger: 2S 7.4V or 3S 11.1V LiPo Balancing (required)
Transmitter and Receiver: 4+ channel (required)
On-Board Electronics: Brushless motor, ESC and 3 servos (installed)

AZS1252; Gamma 370 Pro RFR (Ready-For-Receiver) -- $99.99*

*At participating retailers
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jason M; Mar 02, 2013 at 04:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:51 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,110 Posts
Hello again everyone,

We hope to post video of the Gamma 370 Pro being flown with 2S and 3S batteries in the next few weeks. In the meantime this video of the original version Gamma 370 including the optional aileron (aerobatic) wing, servo and brushless power system (all of which are already included with the Gamma 370 Pro) shows exactly how it will fly with 3S batteries:

Ares Gamma 370 RTF / RFR Flown with Optional Aileron Wing and Brushless Power System (5 min 30 sec)
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 28, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
I get mine Friday from my local Hobby Town.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
I just got back from maidening my new Ares Gamma 370 Pro and all I can say is WOW! She flies a lot smoother than the 3 channel version and the brushless power is great. Normally I am nervous just a tad on a maiden, but not on this one. She takes off ROG like a dream and lands great too. If you have the original Gamma 370 upgrade, yours or simply pass it down to a newbie and get the new Pro, you won't regret it.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,567 Posts
Virtually impossible to order one....seems the HobbyTown site is down more time that actually up.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Sep 2006
757 Posts
Props

Hey all

There's not a lot of info on the brushless motor in the Pro so I went out and bought a Watts up meter today. Tested with a SkyLipo 2s 1300 25c and 3s 1300 40c.

On 3s the 8x6 drew 13.85 Amps WOT so I figured that was the safe point since Ares recommended that setup.

A 9x3.8 drew 14.94 (getting a little to high Esc is rated at 18 amps)

On 2 s 9x3.8 drew 8.9, 9x4.7 drew 9.16, and a 10x4.7 drew 13.64.

This was all WOT of course half throttle were I like to fly drew much less. I'm going to use the 9x 4.7 and at half throttle drew 2.5 to 3 amps.

These were the props I had on hand for the testing.

I've only had her up for a very quick test flight last weekend but I'm thrilled with this plane and setup

Gary
Blusaber is offline Find More Posts by Blusaber
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
Just Fly!
United States, WV, Bridgeport
Joined Feb 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Virtually impossible to order one....seems the HobbyTown site is down more time that actually up.
I would think they would sell far more of these if they were available online.

My nearest HobbyTown is 2 hours away. Tried to call to see if they have or are going to get them and never did get a clear answer.

C'mon, Jason, put 'em out there!

Troutbum
Troutbum is offline Find More Posts by Troutbum
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
904 Posts
I suspect they don't depend on internet sales or their site would be better managed. It's down now and even when it's up it's the worst site I have used... sometimes the pages take 30 seconds or more to load if they ever do. I have better connections with one-man complanies. You really have to want what they have to keep puttting up with their site. Wonder what kind of business Ares would do if they had a better partner online site?
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
Just Fly!
United States, WV, Bridgeport
Joined Feb 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I suspect they don't depend on internet sales or their site would be better managed. It's down now and even when it's up it's the worst site I have used... sometimes the pages take 30 seconds or more to load if they ever do. I have better connections with one-man complanies. You really have to want what they have to keep puttting up with their site. Wonder what kind of business Ares would do if they had a better partner online site?
I know of at least 3 that they would have sold this week if they had online sales.
Might give Jason something to think about over the holidays.

Troutbum
Troutbum is offline Find More Posts by Troutbum
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:24 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,567 Posts
Agreed.... they need an online site for sales to folks who do not have access to their retail shops.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:45 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
904 Posts
A variation of this song comes to mind when I wonder who does the HobbyTownUSA website.

The Gates - Da Vinci's Notebook (1 min 50 sec)

In a family of six I'm the only one still using a PC... although I do use an I-phone.
gentle ben is online now Find More Posts by gentle ben
Last edited by gentle ben; Dec 23, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Sep 2006
757 Posts
What a great little plane

I had added larger wheels since most of the time I fly off of grass. Today was my second outing with the pro and I flew it off of a baseball diamond. When I upgraded the wheels I cracked one of the plastic keepers, I thought a little ca would keep it on but on my second take off one wheel fell of. I flew around for a bit knowing I'd have my hands full on the landing.

I took her down the field, lined up my approach and drifted her in for a beautiful straight controlled landing, no nose over, no spin out nothing. What a joy.

When I got home I put 1/8 tubbing on with wheel collars, those little suckers are not falling off now

Great plane great day

Gary
Blusaber is offline Find More Posts by Blusaber
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Dec 2012
20 Posts
Great flying Jason (assuming that was you). Is that in L.V.?
I agree with everyone else here about Hobbytown's website. It took me at least a couple of hours and several tries over a few days to order something for some friends. The local Hobbytown here in L.V. seems to be well run with good customer service though.
coolstar is offline Find More Posts by coolstar
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
90 Posts
The local Hobbytown here in Augusta, GA has a nice guy who works there, but the store is 10x too small. It looks like a bomb went off at a flea market 24/7. This store is the only local rc hobby store around, maybe that is why they feel comfortable in the appearance of this store. You can barely walk through the 3-4 aisles they have because stuff is just piled up everywhere. It kind of reminds me of the tv show 'hoarders' when I walk in the door. The guy is super nice, and knows alot, but he is just one guy, and he is usually helping 3-4 people, with a usual 3-4 people waiting to be helped. I feel sorry for him, and I really have no respect for whoever the owner of this store is. Hobbytown must be a franchise, or something where individuals can have any setup that they want with their store, or I would assume that Hobbytown would do something about this one. It IS their name, after all. And I have seen videos of some pretty big/nice Hobbytowns in other cities. Furthermore... I have a souped up iMac with the highest speed of everything, and I get the same results on their website as mentioned in a previous post. Slow, slow, S L O W! Half the time the pages won't even load. Not a good sign for longevity. Anyway, I started flying in May 2012, and I already own a HZ Champ, PZ Radian, HZ Supercub, and now, the Gamma 370 pro. I was ready to get a 4 channel trainer, and at the field I fly, I talked to a guy who has been flying for a few years, and he had the gamma 370 with the upgraded wing and motor in it. I was going to get the PZ t-28, but he said he owns 3 of them, and the 4 channel Gamma is a much better trainer. So, now i have a Gamma pro sitting on my kitchen table, built, and waiting for my HK Orange receiver to arrive from Hong Schmong. Apparently, all lipos ship from international warehouses, and I have one in my order. Another story for another post. Can't wait to fly her! Oh, and yes, they are selling like candy. I had to get my LHS to reserve one for me so I could even get one. Lucky me. I know they are new, but I am very surprised there are no videos of this plane yet to be found on youtube , except for the one flown with the upgrades. Happy landings.
klmboxer is offline Find More Posts by klmboxer
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Sep 2008
146 Posts
Just a little info about the website. Yes I thinks it is clear from the post here and feedback elseware on the net along with feedback in the store that site has some issues. Those issues are being worked on at a fever pitch everyday. The back end of the site is very complicated as every HobbyTown is individually owned have different inventory, prices, etc. That being said with extra amount of data that goes into handling that and the added sales traffic the site slowed to crawl. HobbyTown is working as fast as they can to get going faster again.
Before anybody says it no different then any other chain store website it is much different.
huskerfreak is offline Find More Posts by huskerfreak