HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Full throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYORD View Post
I just tried calibrating my ESCs using the KK2.0 board. Followed the steps by holding the buttons 1 & 4, Tx at full throttle. Once i plugged the battery, motors start spinning at full throttle. It didn't go to programming mode. Did this couple of times to make sure that I'm holding the buttons 1 & 4. Same thing happen. I had no choice but to reprogram the ESCs one by one.
Hi DYORD,

I had this same problem. Didn't take my props off... ouch!! Turned out I had a flackey ESC, once I changed it out everything worked as described by the other gyus.

Just something to check.
apaulo13 is offline Find More Posts by apaulo13
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
221 Posts
I just had the same issue, heres how I resolved it.

I had the same exact thing happen, luckily I had my hand pushing down in the center of the frame and did not get cut up. I thought that I had a bad esc or something though then I tried moving my transmitters throttle trim to the bottom, I had it set to high. Then tried calibrating again and everything was fine. Try resetting your throttle trim on your transmitter.

Though later on that day after a long flight I think one of my esc's went bad, was making the motor make a awkwardly slow arming beep and did not make it spin at all. Luckily this didnt occur mid flight!

Hope this mite help!
designandshutter is offline Find More Posts by designandshutter
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:13 AM
Birmingham
Joined Dec 2006
239 Posts
I have a dx9 transmitter and i dont know how to callibrate my esc's because when i start my transmitter it gives me a high throttle warning and wont do any callibrating. Anyone have a solution
david212 is offline Find More Posts by david212
Old Apr 18, 2014, 01:44 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david212 View Post
I have a dx9 transmitter and i dont know how to callibrate my esc's because when i start my transmitter it gives me a high throttle warning and wont do any callibrating. Anyone have a solution
Take props off
Set throttle low
Switch on tx
Set throttle high
Hold down buttons 1 & 4
Power up KK2
Wait for beeps
Set throttle to low
Wait for beeps
Let go of buttons 1 & 4
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: KK2.1 V1.17S1 Updated Firmware
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:55 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david212 View Post
Turn the dx9 on with the throttle stick at idle. then when its on, push the throttle to full, then continue with the kk2 calibration process.
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Dec 2013
12 Posts
v tail quad

ok so ive read through his whole thing and cant seem tto find an answer to my problem(s). i know this is an old thread but i figures id post here since there are so many knowledgeable persons here . ok so here go my problems. first problem is that i dont have throttle response. I have a taranis x9d radio and kk2 hc board. HW version is 2.15 and FW version is 1.6. I have done the receiver test and i had throttle response on the board but the motors didnt budge. my channels where connected properly and i had proper stick response to what it was showing on the board. so i thought hey i havnt done esc calibration so ill try that. when i tried it didnt work. i did not get the proper beeps or anything after a few attempts i go and check my throttle and its stuck at 44 on my board and not responding. btw the whole time my motors are beeping every three seconds and twitch a little. any ideas as how to solve this? also i cant do acc calibration it says the z axis is not okay when the thing is flat. please help me out here!
eszaflik is offline Find More Posts by eszaflik