HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:06 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,485 Posts
I doubt it would be too easy. All the lousy programmers were working on the Obamacare website

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:40 AM
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Jan 2014
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I doubt it would be too easy. All the lousy programmers were working on the Obamacare website

Andy
So they hired programmers from Redmond Washington? Had to leave out the name of the company Bill Gates founded.
Stu48 is offline Find More Posts by Stu48
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:52 PM
Team Fearless
United States, MD, Piney Point
Joined Mar 2005
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AL_ View Post
Not knowing US law surrounding this, and not for a moment suggesting anyone break the law, but this may not be as silly as it sounds.

Should someone hack into their site & do no damage at all except make a slight change to disable the payment system, then it would either remain broken & not rip anyone else off, or be repaired which would prove the site is a scam & potentially give authorities solid evidence that the site is being maintained in order to take money while not providing the goods.

Anyone know a 14 year old kid that knows how to do this stuff? or is hacking a lame 1980s thing now?

Al
Attacking a computer or network would be breaking the law no matter what. And if someone were to do so, I'm sure that any evidence gathered would be thrown out of court for being illegally obtained. And besides it wouldn't be worth going to jail over. So not a good idea.
Oh and the term Hack or Hacking carries several different meanings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_...er_security%29
~SnApRoLl is offline Find More Posts by ~SnApRoLl
Last edited by ~SnApRoLl; Jun 26, 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 05:25 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,811 Posts
Ah, we could stop their site with never accessing their site. I *agree* it's not a great idea, but it *would* be fun.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:52 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
508 Posts
rcm plans

If you could find the server who maintains the site something might be able to be done or at least the company who has the rights to keep the site running, I don't know how it actually works, but my site was built and managed by a company, I had some control, pics etc. but they were called a web master and would keep my site working and keep it noticed sam
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555