Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Video
Lunchy and the Punk

EDIT: Just added! Season 3, Choose Your Own Adventure Style Lunchy and the Punk extravaganza! Dig it!
Official Season 3 - "Lunchy and the Punk - UDrive" Choose Your Own RC Adventure Main Menu (1 min 11 sec)

Just got here to soak up info on quadcopters which I covet but do not have, but I thought I'd share the fruits of our last project, Lunch & the Punk Season 2 (season 1, just us bashing...) An Heroic and Epic Journey of Profound Historical Significance...
The playlist is here.

It's a serial narrative staring RC cars exclusively. Lunchy, a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunchbox Re-issue, The Punk a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin Re-issue (and the truck I drove most often before we did a narrative series meaning I had to operate the camera instead of set it down and hit record) and their foils, a Tamiya DF-03ra with a beat up Celica body on it, and a TT-01R with a Subaru body on it.

These are my brother's RCs, I'm a below the line set worker in tv and film and I started filming my brother's trucks for fun and we started thinking, "Why don't we try and tell a story..." So, we did. And here it is.

We had some sweet locations (like an abandoned miniature golf course and the ruins of an early hydro-electric power plant) and good times. I hope you guys dig it, we just finished the season this week. Here are the individual episodes.

We had an awesome time doing it. If it picks up a following we have some more ideas that we're hoping to explore to raise our own bar.

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 1 Lunchy and the Punk (1 min 41 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03Ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 2 Lunchy and the Punk (2 min 57 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 3 Lunchy and the Punk (3 min 10 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 4 Lunchy and the Punk (3 min 34 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 5 Lunchy and the Punk (3 min 34 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 6 Lunchy and the Punk (2 min 45 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 7 Lunchy and the Punk (3 min 14 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 8 Lunchy and the Punk (3 min 19 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 9 Lunchy and the Punk (4 min 56 sec)

Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin DF03ra TT01 Official Season 2 Episode 10 Lunchy and the Punk (5 min 1 sec)
The Punk is offline Find More Posts by The Punk
Last edited by The Punk; Dec 27, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Added our 'tenth' episode, all of our bloopers and fails from the making of the season.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Didn't want to make a separate thread since this one is one from the top.
Happy Fourth of July from everyone at Lunchy & the Punk!
4th of July Special - Lunchy and the Punk Tamiya Lunchbox Midnight Pumpkin (1 min 47 sec)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Who doesn't like bacon?
RC Trucks Cars Tamiya Lunch Box Midnight Pumpkin TT-01 DF-03ra Axial SCX10 (1 min 1 sec)
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:44 PM
Romans 8:28
California
Joined Mar 2010
389 Posts
I just want you to know that I hate you guys! I watched the first video and was totally hooked. I had to watch them all after that! Great job!
peacekeeper94 is offline Find More Posts by peacekeeper94
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DHK Wolf
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacekeeper94 View Post
I just want you to know that I hate you guys! I watched the first video and was totally hooked. I had to watch them all after that! Great job!
Sorry man, if it makes you feel any better we've kind of become addicted to doing them.

My brother, the main driver/choreographer as well as co-writer and co-creator has been on tour (among other things, he plays in a working band), but we have been working on a follow-up to season 2 that we hope will be something just as fun.

EDIT: Also, for the heck of it, you can now download Episode 8: Breaking Point's rocking montage theme, "Monster Trucks (Yeah!)" for free here.
Last edited by The Punk; Sep 03, 2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
You can check out the fellas preparing for season 3 now with even more at the blog:
Lunchy and the Punk Bacon 104AD Tamiya Lunchbox and Tamiya DF03ra Shoot Out (0 min 22 sec)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
We completed Season 3, and trying to top last season's serial, we put together a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style video! Now you must help LatP get off the Island of the Forbidden Ritual, what path will you choose?

It took a little over 5 months to film, lots of footage. Cars, boats, planes. It has it all!

Official Season 3 - "Lunchy and the Punk - UDrive" Choose Your Own RC Adventure Main Menu (1 min 11 sec)