Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Discussion
Which Parkzone Ultra-Micro is the best in your opinion?

In this thread we'll discuss out of all the Ultra-Micro's Parkzone has come out with, which is your favorite? I myself am partial to the T-28 Trojan. It's light and great for some 3D in my opinion. If anyone also owns a UM Mosquito, how does it fly compared to the P-51's aerobatic nature?

What does RC Groups also think about the Parkzone's upcoming A6M5 Zero 300? News is theres going to be a UM version, BNF, PNP, and ARF version available. Parkzone announced to be shipped to the US early August of this year
WhatHappend is offline Find More Posts by WhatHappend
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:44 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
705 Posts
I have to go with my T28 as well. Loved the big one so I bought the UM and they are both awesome planes.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,126 Posts
I also like my micro T-28, but my micro J-3 Cub attracts more attention when I fly it indoors.
DeeBee1 is offline Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,771 Posts
Of the UM's I'd probably have to pick the T28 as the winner, but the e-flight UMX Sbach and Stryker are much better planes.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:48 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Of the UM's I'd probably have to pick the T28 as the winner, but the e-flight UMX Sbach and Stryker are much better planes.
Isn't the UM Stryker from PZ? any ways i haven't got any of them yet but that could all change when i can get my hands on the E-flite UMX Mig EDF.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,771 Posts
You're right, my bad - Stryker is a parkzone. It's probably the most fun you can have for the least money of anything on the market right now. It will fly in more breeze than the other um's would even think about and do tricks that all the others combined. 10-15 mph wind is duck soup for the um stryker.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:58 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,012 Posts
I would say UMX Beast, but for Parkzone, then the Stryker.
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Jun 01, 2012, 08:12 AM
Punching holes in clouds
UK
Joined Aug 2010
264 Posts
I just picked up a Gee Bee R2, not had chance to fly it yet, looks nice tho. Any one had a chance on the Gee Bee? The Sukhoi was quite nice.
MatZeRO is offline Find More Posts by MatZeRO
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:46 AM
Carthage, TX
United States, TX, Tenaha
Joined Mar 2012
556 Posts
I love my UM T-28 for nice and easy scale flying and some aerobatics. Mine has a light kit so we do fly at night when the wind is dead. The UM Corsair is more fun for stunts. I also have the UM mosquito and really like it too. Mine needed some lead in the nose but pretty aerobatic but I don't have the P-51 to compair.
Colbyntx is offline Find More Posts by Colbyntx
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:04 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,995 Posts
Best for what? Beginner? 1st 4 ch? Speed, aerobatics? I see it as a multiple choice question with not enough info to decide the answer. Having said that, I'll toss this in. The Carbon Cub SS is a handful. I finally got the CG right but find that it is twichy in wind. Most all of these UM planes, from whatever company, fly well in calm wind.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jun 01, 2012, 10:08 AM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
GeeBee, hands down for style, wow factor and incredible flight characteristics , while not a micro 3D machine, like the beast, it does its job very, very well, even in moderate winds (hey, it is fun to fly it @ negative airspeed!!!)
nicoyenny is offline Find More Posts by nicoyenny
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined May 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
I love my UM T-28 for nice and easy scale flying and some aerobatics. Mine has a light kit so we do fly at night when the wind is dead. The UM Corsair is more fun for stunts. I also have the UM mosquito and really like it too. Mine needed some lead in the nose but pretty aerobatic but I don't have the P-51 to compair.
For Indoor flisht or 3D, which do you think would suit my nephew better. The T-28 or the Mosquito. I really love the look of the Mosquito over the T-28, but the Trojan has great ailerons.
WhatHappend is offline Find More Posts by WhatHappend
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
John0
United States, WI, Marinette
Joined Feb 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappend View Post
For Indoor flisht or 3D, which do you think would suit my nephew better. The T-28 or the Mosquito. I really love the look of the Mosquito over the T-28, but the Trojan has great ailerons.
get what you love to look at. Where I live flying is not always suitable; so I resort to just looking at my planes. and have no venue for indoor flying
yakloven is offline Find More Posts by yakloven
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:16 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,084 Posts
The Champ is very good if you are a beginner. Everyone can fly it.,after some instructions. I like my T-28, but I am not able to do so much aerobatics. Maybe it's time for some new batteries, looks like it need more punch.
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu