HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2014, 07:48 PM
Joined May 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
that kbar is bad news awesome gyro best bang for the buck cant be touched
That's what I hear

The s2 looked more hit and miss, yes there is a few running it succesfully but many others I seen had issues.

Now that I think about it, didn't you yourself make a video how the cyclic would make the tail interact?
rcpowerz is offline Find More Posts by rcpowerz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:43 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpowerz View Post
That's what I hear

The s2 looked more hit and miss, yes there is a few running it succesfully but many others I seen had issues.

Now that I think about it, didn't you yourself make a video how the cyclic would make the tail interact?
yes i did until i used the correct servos
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:17 PM
Joined May 2014
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
yes i did until i used the correct servos
Oh ok, cool.

So what servo's are you running now then?

Do the S306G's work with the S2?

Sry if you already posted this, this thread is MASSIVE!! lol
rcpowerz is offline Find More Posts by rcpowerz
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:51 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpowerz View Post
Oh ok, cool.

So what servo's are you running now then?

Do the S306G's work with the S2?

Sry if you already posted this, this thread is MASSIVE!! lol
from the looks of them they should i could not find any pulse width information in them but they look just like my n300s
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:19 PM
What goes up, must come down..
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Sep 2011
565 Posts
Just picked up a used Blade 300X w/o gyro, so tore an old ZYX and OrangeRX out of an HK250, dropped it in, tuned it up, and MAN... I love this bird!

Set up both condition switches: "Mild 3D" loops a lot like my Exi450 with flybar, only much more stable. The "Extreme" setting just whips around on all three axis... quite a handful! Nice!

Had to downgrade the ZYX firmware to v3.50, though, because the 4.0.1 will not properly initialize the e-flight servos.
ZeroPitch is online now Find More Posts by ZeroPitch
Old Jul 27, 2014, 03:34 AM
Joined Jan 2010
26 Posts
Hi

Im about to convert my tarot 450 pro to fbl using zyx s2, ive already bind it up to my dsm2, mounted it and have the servo running in the right directions. I'm using tgy-306g servos and hitec 5084 for the tail. Will the servo arms what come with the tgy-306 be the right length to use? The head I'll be using is a standard tarot fbl and latill be using tarot dfc v2 head.

The type of flying will be circuit with loops and rolls.
Just need a guide what will be the best setting in the zyx-s2?
I haven't flown my heli for almost a year, I brought the nano qx quad and now I'm getting a itch to get back into helis!

Thanks
Brendan
thestapler is offline Find More Posts by thestapler
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:11 AM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Jul 2012
96 Posts
So guys just got a used zyx-s2 from a reputable HF seller. I just cant seem to get past the solid yellow blinking light. Following the instruction to use a satellite rx and the adapter i have even bound the sat to a other rx then put it on the zyx and still cant get past the blinking light. even followed some of the old zyx-s instruction on getting it set up. I have searched high and low on these forums RCG and HF and others and tried everything I saw. I may have missed a few things but getting frustrated and just needed to ask? Any help would be appreciated. PS: Using DX8
weav01 is offline Find More Posts by weav01
Old Jul 27, 2014, 09:48 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,018 Posts
I am using a DX7 (DSM2) mine worked fine. Way back in this thread somewhere there are posts about problems and procedures with DX8/DSMX and DX8/DSM2. Keep digging.Maybe someone else can help.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:18 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,189 Posts
I had an issue with wrong RX selection and gyro not initializing completing self-test and being locked out of gyro setup.
this may be what is going on
hold the button down on gyro while u turn it on and it will bypass initialization and go straight to receiver setup, then you can start from scratch and choose your RX and continue.
there is a pop-up bubble window on the Tarot software on first page during gyro connection, that explains how to do this
sounds like you know how to bind the sat already, and you probably have the software on computer, but here are a couple links that may help any way
hope you figure it out and it's not a bum gyro

How to set up a Spektrum sat with a ZYX-s (11 min 36 sec)

Installing the ZYX software covering the Zip Compression part (9 min 26 sec)
psychlic is online now Find More Posts by psychlic
Old Jul 27, 2014, 03:11 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Jul 2012
96 Posts
Well psychlic, this S2 doesn't have the setup button on it. I'll watch the videos and see I it helps. Yes I bound the sat in dsmx mode on my ikon the. After the zyx wouldn't move beyond the flashing yellow light I bound it dsm2 and same flashing yellow. I'll keep u posted.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 03:19 PM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,189 Posts
ok, sorry, never had an s2, didn't know they eliminated the reset button
hope ya sort it out
psychlic is online now Find More Posts by psychlic
Old Jul 27, 2014, 04:15 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Jul 2012
96 Posts
Lol. Great. Another problem that takes a lot of effort to sort out. Hey psychic u know what I'm trying to do with this zyx?? I'm trying to get this working in the v400 with my dx8.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 06:31 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.M View Post
I've never been able to accomplish this after trying all possible combinations, both those posted around this thread, as well as others. As far as I can tell, the combination of DX6i, Orange R100 sat and ZYX-S is a no go. Sorry...
Hey guys

I recently bought the new Spektrum DX6 radio and decided to revisit the ZYX-S and Satellite setup on my 500 heli

The bad news is I cant get the Orange DSMX (R110X) Satellite to bind at all through the ZYX-S unit.

The good news is I have managed to bind either the Orange DMS2 (R100) or the Original Spektrum DSMX Satellite through the ZYX-S unit on the 3.5Firmware. My only issue is I get with both sats is the ZYX-S Blue LED instead of the RED LED on bind completion.

I shutdown, swapped the cables around and rebooted ZYX & radio. Went into the monitor page and found the following.

Aileron & Elevator are working well Just needed to do a servo reverse in the radio
Pitch is working. Just needed to do a servo reverse in the radio
Had no rudder
No throttle movement
When moving Throttle/Pitch (mode1) the Gyro switch goes nuts.

Currently I have reassigned the rudder from Ch4 to Ch5 and now rudder is working. Centring is way off and required over 125 points of trim.

Here is my outstanding problem I cant solve and need some help.

If I was to switch the CH5 (gyro) & CH1(throttle) in the RX assignment page in the radio, I get the Rate/AVCR working (to some degree), but still no throttle movement.
Now if I rebooted the ZYX-S & radio with this configuration the ZYX-S will boot up only on the Yellow LED. This indicates to me that the ZYX-S cant boot up as the throttle is not on CH1?
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy