Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:26 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
thanks for the replies, i'm glad to hear mostly positive things about the fusonic. I have some on the way for the v400 so i'll let you all know if they are an easy install or if the rx needs to be reversed, etc. The cost isn't bad being somewhere between the EXI servos and the Hitec, so hopefully they do the trick.
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:46 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
Update on the V400/9050 frankenclonestein: I finally tamed the rpm's down to where i was comfortable with it, not like it was screaming "i'm gonna cut your head off" rpm's. I programmed the esc to "very soft" start, re-adjusted the blade holder links to -1 pitch on the blades @ 0 throttle. This seems to be a more comfortable setting that's pretty close to having a brushed motor. I'm most likely going to set it to the normal adjustments once i get more comfortable with it and learn the concept of flying rather than crashing in most cases. I cant wait for the wind to die down so i can fly it outside rather than in the bedroom that me and my wife is renovating.
SteelHeadz is offline Find More Posts by SteelHeadz
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:48 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,103 Posts
I worked all night and came home to fly . Got 2 batteries with the 400 and 2 more with the 120( before it got to windy). And then my controller starts beeping. Damn batteries are dead.so i put them on the charger . But my problem is all the batteries in the house are dead. Baby toy....dead, tv remotes.....dead, Lol Damn .im trying to bribe the wife to get some more for me.Good day to all!
Steel , i would keep your pitch to zero at center stick so if u bail the heli doesnt shoot into the ground more than normal .
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, TX, Kerrville
Joined Aug 2011
512 Posts
It shouldn't shoot it to the ground as hard as having it 5 degrees negative on 0 throttle ,0 degrees on half and +5 on full since there's only 1 degree negative on 0 throttle, it wouldn't catch much air forcing it down other that its own gravity and prevent other components from breaking if the main rotor is shut down.
SteelHeadz is offline Find More Posts by SteelHeadz
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:17 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,082 Posts
For sale 4 pcs. New tail brushed motor for v400d02 @ $6.00 each

I have this 4 pcs. brand new V400D02 TAIL BRUSHED MOTOR that I don't need anymore for I converted mine into a full brushless V400 already.This are unopened packages and got them from HeliDirect for $7.60 each and selling them for $5.00 each in set of 4 only ,plus 5.50 shipping in the U.S. only.
NEVERMIND THE TITLE-IT'S $5.00 EACH NOW !!!!
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CO2X2010; Nov 09, 2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Lower the price
Old Nov 09, 2011, 11:44 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Leuven
Joined Aug 2011
102 Posts
Hello Coco,

I also have a load of tail motors but I'm interrested in how you made the brushless tail motor.. Would you mind sharing?

RTF is also coming with a brushless by the end of this month but it would require a WK2801 TX to make a good setup...

Thanks allready,

Bart
Bart Bever is offline Find More Posts by Bart Bever
Old Nov 09, 2011, 03:00 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,103 Posts
Ouch , another tail died today. I heard it glitch and then crash. I gotta say the metal gear servos are great . They have been thru alot. I need a tail boom,Tail section and a main gear and some landing gear. But it lasted longer than when i went brushless. To the bench i go!
Old Nov 09, 2011, 03:37 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Hi Heli biggie, sorry to hear that the stock tail motor took you out again. Say, what did the glitch sound like? I wonder why these motors go out with no warning whatsoever? Were you keeping an eye on the state of the tail motor's brushes?
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:48 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,082 Posts
Tail bl mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Ouch , another tail died today. I heard it glitch and then crash. I gotta say the metal gear servos are great . They have been thru alot. I need a tail boom,Tail section and a main gear and some landing gear. But it lasted longer than when i went brushless. To the bench i go!
What's going on with your bl tail mod? Join me on the bl. tail conversion and stop that crashing due to the brushed tail motor just quits like that.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x quad 4x2 *4motors+2servos
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:57 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,103 Posts
I can see bearings in there but im not sure what else im looking at. It almost sounded like the power shut off.

Coco i gave up on the tail mod cause i could only get 2 batteries out of it before wrecking. I got at least 50 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Heli biggie, sorry to hear that the stock tail motor took you out again. Say, what did the glitch sound like? I wonder why these motors go out with no warning whatsoever? Were you keeping an eye on the state of the tail motor's brushes?
Last edited by Heli Biggie; Nov 09, 2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 09, 2011, 07:38 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Hi Heli Biggie, sorry to hear about that but there has to be something else going on to make those tail motors go out so quick.
I was also going to ask you why you had to add weight to the canopy to balance your heli. Could you post a picture of where you battery is mounted? I just can't understand why yours would be different than mine
I'll take a picture of mine to compare. I don't know, does everybody have to add weight to the nose?
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:03 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
COG with GensAce 1550 25c batteries.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Does anyone know what the Red led on the 2614 receiver denotes?
When changing the parameters on the wk2603, there's an option called rudmix gyro.
When turning the knob, the led goes off when turned in one direction, then comes back on when the knob is turned opposite.
So, anyone got any clues about rudmix gyro and what the red led actually means?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Does anyone know what the Red led on the 2614 receiver denotes?
When changing the parameters on the wk2603, there's an option called rudmix gyro.
When turning the knob, the led goes off when turned in one direction, then comes back on when the knob is turned opposite.
So, anyone got any clues about rudmix gyro and what the red led actually means?
I was going to say when led is flashing, its serching for signal and when its solid its connected. But its probable when you turn the gyro knob to the left far enough, it goes into rate mode and not Head Hold. Thats when the light starts flashing but I'm not sure.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:39 PM
Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Tanjong Bungah
Joined Mar 2011
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
COG with GensAce 1550 25c batteries.
superb COG...
sam1741 is offline Find More Posts by sam1741