Old Jan 27, 2015, 03:47 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
3,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html
I have a new motor coming from an Ebay hobby shop since I am getting no action to my RMA request to HK(?) and was wondering IF the above orange receiver with 3 axis flight stabilization would be a good match for the Floater Jet and my DX4E transmitter since I am still Learning.
If they work I could put them in my Wing Dragon 3 and FMS Easy Trainer 1280 and Not have to bring 3 transmitters to every flight???
I do not mind binding because I cannot afford a DX6i .
To be brutally honest sarge, you would be better off with the straight 6 channel orange or even the lemon DSM Rx's. at less than $10 each you will have good gear, something that would go up to a second hand DX6 in the future and none of the "quirks" inherent with some of the all in one gyro units. Remember, a few good flights and you are not a newb any longer
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:24 PM
United States, CT, Southington
Joined Apr 2008
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
To be brutally honest sarge, you would be better off with the straight 6 channel orange or even the lemon DSM Rx's. at less than $10 each you will have good gear, something that would go up to a second hand DX6 in the future and none of the "quirks" inherent with some of the all in one gyro units. Remember, a few good flights and you are not a newb any longer
Thanks Since the Motor went Puff in smoke I ordered a new one and now I,m not sure if it could have been a defective ESC (30 Amp HK) Soo I ordered a E-Flite 25 Amp brushless ESC from Horizon Hobby and a AR 400 DSMX receiver so I can use my dx4e with the floater .
The cost for the ESC and receiver totaled $57 but its worth it because if their bad HH will stand by them. I am less than impressed with HK service?
Sarge707 is offline Find More Posts by Sarge707
Old Jan 27, 2015, 09:05 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
3,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
Thanks Since the Motor went Puff in smoke I ordered a new one and now I,m not sure if it could have been a defective ESC (30 Amp HK) Soo I ordered a E-Flite 25 Amp brushless ESC from Horizon Hobby and a AR 400 DSMX receiver so I can use my dx4e with the floater .
The cost for the ESC and receiver totaled $57 but its worth it because if their bad HH will stand by them. I am less than impressed with HK service?
Yeah, you get what you pay for... But you learn to manage Hobby King because it is good value most times. I would still look at orange or lemon Rx's if I were yiu
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:32 AM
Joined Jan 2015
35 Posts
Any advice on how to mount all of my fpv gear including a gopro 3+, fpv transmiiter and battery without throwing off the center of gravity.
LaszloVasko is online now Find More Posts by LaszloVasko