HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2015, 01:22 PM
Surf Sucks, Slope Trips
Joined May 2014
127 Posts
I'll take whatever Ninja Jason doesn't ... YEwwwwww Lets keep it local.
IrieMitch is offline Find More Posts by IrieMitch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2015, 02:09 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
Boulder Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
5,247 Posts
For Sale Local PU only

I have 2 multiplex Mentors for sale (Cheap) if anyone is interested Just PM me.
Oh and these are specktrum bind and fly ready to go with lipo batt.
Nick
Jantar2A is offline Find More Posts by Jantar2A
Last edited by Jantar2A; Jan 18, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:20 PM
Joined Apr 2005
31 Posts
ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieMitch View Post
Leave me a pm and I'll get back to you with tele# etc.
siginden is offline Find More Posts by siginden
Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:24 PM
Joined Apr 2005
31 Posts
slopers for sale

I also have a Sig Samurai (wingerons) with composite fuse and sheeted wings, never flown. Also, another wooden HLG. Will post pics in a few days.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:13 PM
I'll Take The Case!!!
Antarctica
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Since everyone is selling their stuff, I shall report on the minuscule flying that has been done on Zion this weekend. Saturday was really windy and really turbulent at Switchbacks but there was some strong lift. A couple of us flew for about 2 hours or so but it was really turbulent and more annoying than fun. Today, I flew at Switchbacks for a short time. It was much smoother air but the lift was really light and it was capped at about 200' above the ground. It was thick air too and by that I mean it was hard to build up any speed or energy. I was able to muddle around in the light lift with an old and beat up Bee though. With the NW flow, I bet powerlines was cranking this weekend. I might try to get out to Zion again tomorrow since its a holiday. That is all.
Harvey Birdman is offline Find More Posts by Harvey Birdman
Old Jan 19, 2015, 02:38 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
156 Posts
I cannot believe I didn't try powerline. All I did this weekend was wait for a break of west wind in boulder. DOH!

Maybe I can maiden my speedo. Finally!
If anyone wants to meet up send me a pm. If the wind is from the north, then I will try the slope at the north tip of boulder. I have flown there before with a sky surfer, and it was quite fun.
Rfriedman is offline Find More Posts by Rfriedman
Old Jan 22, 2015, 06:19 PM
Joined Apr 2005
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong911 View Post
I'd be interested in a Ninja...

--Jason
HI: Are you still interested in a Sig Ninja. Let me know e-mail (siginden@msn.com) or PM. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2015, 06:21 PM
Joined Apr 2005
31 Posts
Ninja?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrieMitch View Post
Are you still interested in one of the Sig Ninjas I've got for sale? e-mail (siginden@msn.com) or PM me. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:23 PM
I'll Take The Case!!!
Antarctica
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
Not sure if any of you flew at Powerlines today but it looked like the wind was from the rift direction and very strong. A couple of us flew at Zion but the wind was all over the place and I ended up loosing a Bee down below Switchbacks today. It was old and ratty but it was the first time I ever left the slope with fewer planes than I showed up with. May it's sacrifice provide us with great winds and lift. In all actuality, I was going to strip it down and harvest its organs for another Bee tomorrow night anyway. It was getting rag-o-dy!

Every cloud does have a silver lining, and I was able to maiden a Speedo today. That's a pretty cool little plane. I only needed two clicks of left aileron trim and it was awesome. I think I am going to try to move the CG back just a hair. It's at 76 - 77MM right now and I need a little up elevator when flying inverted. It is 13 5/8 oz at this moment but I want to add some fluorescent covering to the wings so I can see it easier and I am sure that will add some weight. The blue wings and the green side of the fuselage tend to disappear pretty quickly. The orange side of the fuselage is very noticeable though.

I used Hyperion Atlas DS09 - SCD servos in the wings and a Hitec HS-5055MG servo for the elevator. The Hyperion's were about as expensive as the entire Speedo kit, but this is a nice plane and it deserves good servos. Also, these servos are thin enough that they do not bulge the top skin of the wing when you install them without the little servo cover spacers that were included in the kit. I had the Hitec HS-5055MG lying around from a previous build and more importantly, it actually fit nicely in the fuselage.

I added photos...
Last edited by Harvey Birdman; Jan 28, 2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Ligament
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:30 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,886 Posts
Last wall of the shop project pretty much framed in.

The other new walls are ready for paint after yesterday's sanding and mudding marathon.

It's going to be sweet!
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Jan 25, 2015, 09:22 PM
I'll Take The Case!!!
Antarctica
Joined Dec 2012
94 Posts
What the mountain taketh, it giveth in return. I decided to give a more thorough search for my old Bee today since it was nice weather. I was able to find it after hiking up to the climbing face on the south side of the ridge where the tunnel is below Switchbacks. The wind was blowing rather strongly at switchbacks this afternoon but out of the North North West. I'm sure that it would have been great at the summit this afternoon with the wind direction and the sun being out and creating thermals. Also, it looked to be another good day for conditions at Power Lines, but I didn't make it up that way to find out. I hope some of you got some flying in on such a nice day today.

I added photos...
Last edited by Harvey Birdman; Jan 28, 2015 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Labrum
Old Jan 26, 2015, 02:06 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,914 Posts
Finally, 70 degree temps, winds 5 to 10 out of the east and I have to take the pooch to the vet this afternoon!
A10FLYR is online now Find More Posts by A10FLYR